1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 15:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It is said peer pressure is significant, but what about parental (family) pressure, specifically when it comes to heritage religion.

Do you come a religious family where pressure was exerted, or do you have experience of someone who does and has had either a positive or negative experience? How hard is it to break away and make a self-informed choi ...[text shortened]... sure or condemnation for the person who does break away?

Any thoughts or experiences on this?
    I think people who want to break children from their parents ways of thinking
    just want to do that, it isn't really about heritage it is about them being able
    to put their own brand of pressure upon the children families be damned in
    their opinions.
    Kelly
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 17:21
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I don't compare. You like to compare. I don't.

Whenever any religious organisation, or any other org too, says "We have high morals" I doubt it. Who do they think they are? The white nights on moral? If you were a catholic and said it, I would have the same doubt. Protestants too. Now you are a JW, and there are a lot of documents about child abuse in ...[text shortened]... ild abuses. But you defend JW in whole, as if you know the total number of abuses? Do you?
    You are shown evidence but then you ignor it?. You say we're no different but when it's shown to you you don't want to accept it and flip off to another direction. You have no desire to see or even learn do you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree