1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 20:51
    Zahlanzi

==============================
    conditions? doesn't say. basically if you are an evil bastard(serial killer) all your life and then accept jessus as saviour, you get to go to heaven.
    ==================================

I didn't mention going to heaven.

People usually insert "going to heaven" when I speak of salvation.

I did mention saved from eternal damnation. You see when you receive Christ you accept that God's judgment of Him was imputed on your behalf.

From our side it seems like free forgiveness. From God's side there is no such thing as free forgiveness. You believe in Christ - Justice befell Christ on His cross on your behalf.

You will be judged one of two places. Either you were judged on Calvary in the death of Jesus. Or you will be judged at the great white throne before the eternal age commences - the last judgement.

================================
    but if you are a budhist who vowed not to hurt a fly and kept his promise, or if as a pediatrician you saved thousands of children but remained an atheist, you would go to hell(or certainly not heaven)

By works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Suppose from this day forward you were perfect. Would that erase before God the record of your sins from before this day? No it would not.

And it is doubtful that you will live righteously from this day forward.

So you need Jesus. You need Christ Himself as your righteousness before God.

=============================
    Where the fu*k is the justice here? What kind of an evil God is this? This is what's wrong with you people, if something is written in the bible, you don't get to question it, even if it is as ridiculous as this.
    ============================

God is love. When He loves He really loves. I mean He loves until eternity. His love is really really strong.

However God is also righteous. He is really really righteous. I mean His righteousness is not just pretty good. It is perfect. When He is just He is just unto eternity.

It because you cannot accept that the eternal God has more than one aspect to Him that you grumble and curse.

God however, coordinates His great love and His great righteousness together. He will look at us as if we had never sinned. But He will not do it in a sloppy way. He will forgive us in a way which matches His dignity, His glory, His holiness.

God will forgive and forgive forever. But He will do it in a way which matches His majesty, His glory, His righteous procedure, thus the cross upon which the Son of God died for you and I.

From our side it seems like free forgiveness. From God's side no such thing exists. He forgives because justice has been imputed on the cross on our behalf.

If we believe in Christ - we were judged already - on Calvary, on the cross of the Son of God.

========================================
    He does not get to remain non-conformed to the image of Jesus Christ forever. He must and will be transformed into the image of Jesus Christ.
    huh? what exactly does that mean?
    =========================================

I told you. I already wrote:

God says "You and I are incompatible. And I do not change."

If we are incompatible and He does not change then He must transform us. So we are saved not simply to "go to heaven" or a happy place. We are saved to be transformed into the image of the Son of God.

IF you receive Jesus you will eventually become just like Jesus - in expression, in motive, in thought, in intention, in imagination, in will, in emotion.

God's salvation transforms us to become like Christ. Christ is what God meant by Man.

======================================

or this:
    You cannot postpone forever your transformation to become just like Jesus.

=======================================

That is right. He has this age to change you. After this age He has another 1,000 years to change you. If you would read the Bible, especially Revelation 20 -22, you would see that before the age of eternity begins there is another 1,000 years after the Second Coming of Christ.

So if you are saved today - God has the rest of your life , plus 1,000 years to transform you into the image of the Son of God.

IF you cooperate you will be rewarded. If you do not cooperate you will be disciplined and still transformed anyway.

Every person who is born again can not remain the same. She or he must be "metobolically" and "organically" sanctified and transformed into the image of Jesus Christ.

=======================
    Think of it this way: God forgives you and says "You and I are incompatible. And by the way, I don't change."

That is a more accurate understanding of how the Gospel works.
    accurate? i find this "explanation" harder to understand than a drunk chinese explaining quantum physics. in chinese

No it isn't. Look at this passage and open your mind:

" And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers;

And those whom He predestinated, these He also called; and those whom He called, these He also justified; and those whom He justified, these He also glorified." (Rom. 8:28,29)

The final destination is to be glorified. That is to be conformed to the image of the Firstborn Son of God. God wants many sons. Jesus Christ is the Firstborn Son. The ones called, justified, conformed and glorified are to be the "many brothers".

This is His purpose. And He is able to make ALL things work together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His eternal purpose.

God wants to make you like Jesus Christ. Gods can cause all things in your life and environment to work together for this purpose if you would love Him.

Then in eternity the Father could say "I have Christ My Son the Firstborn Son of God. And I have you also as one of my many sons, brothers of Christ the Firstborn Son of God."
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 07:401 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Zahlanzi

[b]==============================
    conditions? doesn't say. basically if you are an evil bastard(serial killer) all your life and then accept jessus as saviour, you get to go to heaven.

I didn't mention going to heaven.

People usually insert "going to heaven" when I speak of salvation.

I d one of my many sons, brothers of Christ the Firstborn Son of God."[/b]
    you mention jesus as a necessary condition to be admitted into the club. so serial killers and rapists who accept jesus pass this first exam and move on to the next exams, while all the freakin rest of humanity is deemed unpassable and discarded into eternal damnation.

so if a serial killer accepts jesus and slips up from time to time(because as you said nobody is perfect, serial killers gotta stab someone occasionally) he is better than someone who doesn't accept jesus and slips up from time to time.

you are gone. you preach your god is love and forgiveness but still he will kick his children(that don't call anymore) in the ass even if they were maybe better than the bratz that pray to him every day for "a new job, new car, clear sky and the neighbors to be punished because they're evil sinners"

my religion doesn't send atheist and budhists to hell. and i believe that is true christianity, love not for the one that is like you because that means only loving yourself which is no big deal. but love for someone different- that requires effort.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 16:185 edits
    ====================================
    you mention jesus as a necessary condition to be admitted into the club.

" ... if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and beleive in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation." (Rom.10:9)

Do you wish to have the assurance of being redeemed from eternal punishment? Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, and as far as eternal perdition is concerned you shall be saved.

=============================
    so serial killers and rapists who accept jesus pass this first exam and move on to the next exams,
    ==============================

Whatever the seriel killer's situation is that is probably not your situation. You need first to be concerned with YOUR situation.

Confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, believe in your heart that God has raised the Lord Jesus from the dead, and as far as eternal punishment is concerned you shall be saved.

You first should be concerned for the guilt that you bear. Don't look off to some other serial killer now. What about you? You don't really know the Bible. You jump to conclusions eagerly so you can find fault with God's plan of salvation.

Why throw the issue off onto someone else - THAT serial killer over there. YOU are the one in need of salvation. Then perhaps God will equip you to help yon serial killer over there.

while all the freakin rest of humanity is deemed unpassable and discarded into eternal damnation.

You have arguments which you want to put into my mouth. And you have conclusions that you want to jump to. And for what reason?

Do you want to convince yourself of the unrighteousness of Christ? Are you thinking that if you can just find enough problems with God's way then you can ignore the call to turn and repent to be saved?

You can accumulate reasons good and bad, you can convince yourself that the Gospel is a manmade product not worthy to pay attention to. Your good arguments will not erase one sin from your life.

You can accumulate many hypothetical situations which you trust poke holes in God's plan of salvation. See if you can comfort yourself with all of your arguments.

Which one of your many logical, good arguments to poke a hole in the Gospel will save you from your sins?

=======================================
    so if a serial killer accepts jesus and slips up from time to time(because as you said nobody is perfect, serial killers gotta stab someone occasionally) he is better than someone who doesn't accept jesus and slips up from time to time.
    =====================================

I told you that the forgiven and redeemed believer does not get to remain the same kind of person he was. Every born again person cannot avoid being transformed.

Will this argument you have above make it unnecessary for you to be forgiven and justified before God?

Do you trust Salvation By Good Arguments and Fault Findings with the Gospel ?

If you are so concerned that righteousness is done, the first thing you should do is see to your own reconciliation through Christ to God.

All your evasions and passing on the issue to the other guy over there are only because you secretly love your own life of sin and desire to rationalize why you may continue in it not repenting to be saved.

Get to work then. Maybe you can convince yourself that Jesus needs to sit at your feet and learn a thing or two about love and holiness and sacrifice from you.

Try to make Jesus YOUR pupil. Correct Him. Teach Him.

Do you have enough cases? Do you have enough good arguments?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree