1. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 01:19
    Originally posted by royaltystatement
    But if it does happen, will you do it? Oh, Atheist, you would believe it was aliens.
    So do you spend much time fretting and worrying about the end of time or do you actually put your money where your mouth is and do God will on earth. Which is to love your neighbor as you'd love yourself, Judge not that ye be not judged, all that sort of stuff?

In the bible does God not want us to prosper, love and multiply in his name?
  2. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 01:20
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    If millions of people started disapearing I would start trying to find out why, based on available evidence. I would only think it was aliens if there was evidence to support that hypothesis. but anyone with that kind of power would almost certainly pose an "Outside Context Problem" or OCP. as such there is almost certainly nothing I could do about it, whatever 'it' was.
    Don't lie! You would automatically think it was aliens because you watched Independance day one too many times. Hollywood is the anti christ.
  3. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 01:22
    If millions of people started disapearing I would start trying to find out why, based on available evidence. I would only think it was aliens if there was evidence to support that hypothesis. but anyone with that kind of power would almost certainly pose an "Outside Context Problem" or OCP. as such there is almost certainly nothing I could do about it, whatever 'it' was.
    Millions of people are going to dissapear, period. Not start dissapearing. You would have your proof. The Bible. There won't be any other true explanation. Why would you wish that you cease to exist after your death? What do you hope for then? This Earth is so wicked, why would you make an end like that for a person like yourself?
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 01:231 edit
    Originally posted by mokko
    Don't lie! You would automatically think it was aliens because you watched Independance day one too many times. Hollywood is the anti christ.
    lol, actually tha aliens in ID are rubish, and wouldn't pose an OCP. you wouldn't beleive however the number of screwups scientifically they had in the film, a mass one thrid of that of the moon indeed, they would wipe most of us out with the tides for starters, and no nuke would destroy that ship.
  5. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 01:25
    Originally posted by mokko
    So do you spend much time fretting and worrying about the end of time or do you actually put your money where your mouth is and do God will on earth. Which is to love your neighbor as you'd love yourself, Judge not that ye be not judged, all that sort of stuff?

In the bible does God not want us to prosper, love and multiply in his name?
    I put God's word where my mouth is, not money. Yeah God wants us to prosper and love neighbors and such, but what do we want. Many of us want to be evil and turn away from God. Therefore, God turned many of us away from him. See, God loves us so much, that he hands us over to the desires of our hearts. weither it be good or evil. He lets you go and do as you please, but in the end everyone will have to answer to him.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 01:29
    Millions of people are going to dissapear, period. Not start dissapearing. You would have your proof. The Bible. There won't be any other true explanation. Why would you wish that you cease to exist after your death? What do you hope for then? This Earth is so wicked, why would you make an end like that for a person like yourself?
    That pre-presumes that it is not possible for millions of people to suddenly disappear. I don't have this presumption, particularly as I can think of several other ways this could happen, (particularly if you include aliens as an option).
    And again I DO NOT WISH TO CEASE TO EXIST. This is not a 'choice' just like gravity is not a choice, when you die you cease to exist, that is what death is, it would be great if there was something that lasted after death that there was a whole new life for you, afterwards but there isn't, saying otherwise is just deluding yourself. It is also dangerous, would terrorists be quite so likely to strap bombs to themselves if they didn't believe in an afterlife stacked to the gunwales with virgins?
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 01:34
    I put God's word where my mouth is, not money. Yeah God wants us to prosper and love neighbors and such, but what do we want. Many of us want to be evil and turn away from God. Therefore, God turned many of us away from him. See, God loves us so much, that he hands us over to the desires of our hearts. weither it be good or evil. He lets you go and do as you please, but in the end everyone will have to answer to him.
    only if he exists, which he doesn't. there is no external moral framework to pre define good or evil. You trot out these statements of fact with no basis for them, no evidence, this is why it is so alarming because you have this position (in your case aparently mostly harmles) that can't be argued with, reason has gone out the window, logic never even got it's foot in the door, and without either of these you by definition can't claim any knowledge because knowledge requires reason.
  8. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 01:42
    lol, actually tha aliens in ID are rubish, and wouldn't pose an OCP. you wouldn't beleive however the number of screwups scientifically they had in the film, a mass one thrid of that of the moon indeed, they would wipe most of us out with the tides for starters, and no nuke would destroy that ship.
    Next you're going to tell me there's no Santa Claus I suppose 😠
  9. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 01:46
    You believe that people want to be evil? And do you condemn them for being such in your eyes? I don't believe anyone wishes to be evil. Or that evil is even a term to describe how people react to inner turmoil.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 12:011 edit
    only if he exists, which he doesn't. there is no external moral framework to pre define good or evil. You trot out these statements of fact with no basis for them, no evidence, this is why it is so alarming because you have this position (in your case aparently mostly harmles) that can't be argued with, reason has gone out the window, logic never even go ther of these you by definition can't claim any knowledge because knowledge requires reason.
    You trot out these statements of fact with no basis for them, no evidence, this is why it is so alarming because you have this position (in your case aparently mostly harmles) that can't be argued with, reason has gone out the window, logic never even got it's foot in the door, and without either of these you by definition can't claim any knowledge because knowledge requires reason.
    Your submission for the Longest Sentence Contest has been received. We wish you and all contestants the best of luck.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 12:041 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You trot out these statements of fact with no basis for them, no evidence, this is why it is so alarming because you have this position (in your case aparently mostly harmles) that can't be argued with, reason has gone out the window, logic never even got it's foot in the door, and without either of these you by definition can't claim any knowledge beca ongest Sentence Contest has been received. We wish you and all contestants the best of luck.
    That being said, you trot out these supposed foundations (i.e., reason, logic) without basis for them. You claim there exists no good or evil with a simple wave of your alleged hand. Based on what, exactly?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree