Reverse Pascal's Wager (NZ variation)

Reverse Pascal's Wager (NZ variation)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
15 Dec 17

Originally posted by @fmf
Yes. You claim that a supernatural being exists and that it will "burn" me as a punishment for not believing it exists. This is a figment of your imagination until you prove it to be something real.

The same applies to all the stuff that Dasa used to claim was true, and the same would apply to a Hindu or a Scientologist regarding whatever claims they made a ...[text shortened]... burial sites.

By contrast, there is not one jot of evidence of this "afterlife" you talk of.
You really are blind to the truth. You are no different than those who burn others at the stake.

F

Moves
15 Dec 17

Originally posted by @eladar
You really are blind to the truth. You are no different than those who burn others at the stake.
What an ever so mean thing to say! 😲

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Dec 17
2 edits

You really are ignorant. Read what I cut and pasted from wiki. Either you burn in hell for eternity or you do not. This is what I said but you are just too hateful to see it.
I read the entire article. What wiki says about Pascal is NOT what Pascal actually said or importantly BELIEVED. Furthermore Pascal was not a Christian and as BDP pointed out it is only Christians, and usually right wing American Christians like you and Grampy Bobby, who use his work (which was basically an academic study in probability to help atheists understand religious people), as a means of trying to cajole contemporary non Christians into mouthing a pretence of faith.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Dec 17

You’re just fat angry right-wing American living alone aren’t you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Dec 17

Originally posted by @fmf
What an ever so mean thing to say! 😲
You burner of people!

E

Moves
15 Dec 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
I read the entire article. What wiki says about Pascal is NOT what Pascal actually said or importantly BELIEVED. Furthermore Pascal was not a Christian and as BDP pointed out it is only Christians, and usually right wing American Christians like you and Grampy Bobby, who use his work (which was basically an academic study in probability to help a ...[text shortened]... ), as a means of trying to cajole contemporary non Christians into mouthing a pretence of faith.
Face it. I exposed your ignorance but then perhaps you are not bright enough to see it.

It could be old age clouding your reason. It could be hate clouding your reason. It could simply be a natural lack of intelligence that is the problem here.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Dec 17

Face it. I exposed your ignorance but then perhaps you are not bright enough to see it.

It could be old age clouding your reason. It could be hate clouding your reason. It could simply be a natural lack of intelligence that is the problem here.
You did nothing of the sort, you made a claim about Pascal that was incorrect, what you referred to was what Wiki was saying.

E

Moves
15 Dec 17

Because there are only two.

You can burn or you can be found righteous. This was the basis of Pascal's statement.
Yes I quoted myself. It is the original statement.

How is this saying Pascal was wrong? It is simply a paraphrasing of what Pascal said. There are two options in the afterlife. You will either burn or be with God.

Why must you constantly lie about what I post? I am guessing as a result of the hate in your heart.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Dec 17

Yes I quoted myself. It is the original statement.

How is this saying Pascal was wrong? It is simply a paraphrasing of what Pascal said. There are two options in the afterlife. You will either burn or be with God.

Why must you constantly lie about what I post? I am guessing as a result of the hate in your heart.
Burning is not an option. Pascal was an unbeliever. Your doctrine is wrong.

E

Moves
15 Dec 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Burning is not an option. Pascal was an unbeliever. Your doctrine is wrong.
Perhaps you can provide a different reference to the nature of Pascal's Wager.

I have provided one that describes what the wager is from every other conversation I have had on the matter.

Perhaps all those other people are wrong and you are correct. Please provide a link or description so I can google your source.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
15 Dec 17

Either you burn in hell for eternity or you do not. This is what I said but you are just too hateful to see it.
Oh, the irony.

If billions of humans burn in hell for eternity, that is the ultimate hateful act. To believe that's going to happen and yet complain about perceived hatred on an internet forum only shows you have utterly lost perspective.

Moves
15 Dec 17

An unlimited number of gods can be imagined, all of them having unique and mutually exclusive criteria for sorting the saved from the damned. One of them damns those who act like they are saved and others aren’t.

E

Moves
15 Dec 17

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
Oh, the irony.

If billions of humans burn in hell for eternity, that is the ultimate hateful act. To believe that's going to happen and yet complain about perceived hatred on an internet forum only shows you have utterly lost perspective.
I'm sure this is true from your point of view.

E

Moves
15 Dec 17

Originally posted by @js357
An unlimited number of gods can be imagined, all of them having unique and mutually exclusive criteria for sorting the saved from the damned. One of them damns those who act like they are saved and others aren’t.
You are free to believe as you wish. Just be consistent with what you claim to believe.

Moves
15 Dec 17

You are free to believe as you wish. Just be consistent with what you claim to believe.
“Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are the dead.”
― Aldous Huxley, Do What You Will: Twelve Essays