1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 11:35
    Originally posted by @fmf
    My reference to 'an intellect problem' was a reference to your intellect. You seem to me to be intellectually impaired. And you seem to demonstrate it here quite voluntarily day in day out. I don't have any problem with my own intellect and you already know what I think about the effect of losing my faith had on my intellect, because we discussed it. It is impo ...[text shortened]... to your ability to think for yourself at various times in your life, so I am not going to try.
    Ah so you think that insulting my intellect is somehow a good reflection on you as a person?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 11:411 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Ah so you think that insulting my intellect is somehow a good reflection on you as a person?
    I am insulting you when I call you a jerk. But I am not insulting you when I say I think you are intellectually impaired.

As for whether my 'jerk' insult hits the mark is up to onlookers to decide.

As for whether my "intellectually impaired" diagnosis is right, people can reread the psychological abuse and systematic emotional and intellectual deprivation that you yourself described in detail and which, you say, lasted for 24 years.

They can cross-reference it with the way you behave on this forum and decide for themselves.

I think everything I have posted on this web site stretching back over a decade provides a good reflection of the person I am.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 11:58
    I am insulting you when I call you a jerk. But I am not insulting you when I say I think you are intellectually impaired.

As for whether my 'jerk' insult hits the mark is up to onlookers to decide.

As for whether my "intellectually impaired" diagnosis is right, people can reread the psychological abuse and systematic emotional and intellectual deprivati ...[text shortened]... ed on this web site stretching back over a decade provides a good reflection of the person I am.
    Ah FMF is clearly upset about something, is it maybe the fact that I am not bothered by his cyberbullying antics?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:01
    Ah FMF is clearly upset about something, is it maybe the fact that I am not bothered by his cyberbullying antics?
    If you think I am a cyberbully, alert the web site owners.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:03
    If you think I am a cyberbully, alert the web site owners.
    Why would I alert them if I said it didn't bother me? Besides, your pal is an owner so he's got you covered anyway.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:04
    Why would I alert them if I said it didn't bother me? Besides, your pal is an owner so he's got you covered anyway.
    Besides, your pal is an owner so he's got you covered anyway.

Huh?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:311 edit
    [b]Besides, your pal is an owner so he's got you covered anyway.

Huh?[/b]
    Is divegeester not a part owner of the site?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:35
    Is divegeester not a part owner of the site?
    Perhaps you've had your chain pulled. You should address your questions as to who owns the web site to the site's administrators, not me.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:37
    Perhaps you've had your chain pulled. You should address your questions as to who owns the web site to the site's administrators, not me.
    This is a claim that divegeester made. If you think he was lying or 'pulling my chain' fair enough.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:39
    This is a claim that divegeester made. If you think he was lying or 'pulling my chain' fair enough.
    You should address your question about whether divegeester is an owner of the site to the site's administrators.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 13:10
    You should address your question about whether divegeester is an owner of the site to the site's administrators.
    I’ll take divegeesters word for it. Don’t you?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 13:121 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    This opening is similar to Pascal's Wager but with colours reversed.

Basically
    Assume there is no afterlife and live this life to the fullest.

1. If there is no afterlife,
    you were correct. Well done.

2. If there is an afterlife,
    you were wrong, but hey, an afterlife! Who would have thought!
    Could you show me the word "afterlife" anywhere in the Bible ?

I do read of ZOE a Greek word for divine life.
    And I do notice the term resurrection.

Did you ever see the word "afterlife" there?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 13:19
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Are Christians wrong to use the word "afterlife"?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 13:23
    Originally posted by @sonship

I do read of ZOE a Greek word for divine life.
    And I do notice the term [b]resurrection

Did you ever see the word "afterlife" there?[/b]
    You are playing semantics again. You know full well what 'afterlife' means. In your alleged religion, you wake up in heaven to sing hosannas to your narcissistic god who requires sycophants forever, not what I would want in an afterlife.
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 19:29
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Yea, like stealing, murder, honoring your parents and so on. The joy of those are denied you.
    I agree that people shouldn't steal and murder.

Good parents deserve honor. Bad ones, not so much.

I was thinking more of the following prohibitions:

Looking on a woman to lust after her.
    Having sex outside of marriage.
    Coarse jesting.
    Blasphemy.

Some of these can be taken too far. But the biblical reaction is usually outright prohibition, rather than moderation. Better to let people find a balance, I think.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree