Reward

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 18 Apr '18 03:52
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 03:52
    The Judgment Seat of Christ is set up to determine what is the reward given to the Christian who has received the gift of eternal life.

I begin with a quote from one A.T. Pierson.

"With many disciples the eyes are yet blinded to this mystery of rewards, which is an open mystery of the Word. It must be an imputed righteousness whereby we enter; but having thus entered by faith, our works determine our relative rank, place, reward."

Thoughout this thread it is a given that eternal salvation is a gift obtained for the believer by Christ's finished work.

I will not spend great effort to argue this. It is a given. This thread will examine reward for Christ likeness awarded in the coming millennial kingdom.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 03:55
    The Judgment Seat of Christ is not for unbelievers who are not saved. Rather it is for those for whom the question of eternal salvation through God's grace has been SETTLED in the affirmative.

Only the eternally SAVED are qualified to stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ to receive recompense of reward for who much they had been conformed to the image of Christ.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 03:591 edit
    To those saved Christ warns that He comes with His reward.

"Behold, I come quickly; and my REWARD is with Me, to render to each [disciple] according as his work is" (Rev. 22:12)

I am saved forever. I have eternal life.
    Before the judgment seat of Christ He will say something like this to me:

"Sonship, you were saved by grace. And My Spirit dwelt in you. How did you allow that Spirit to produce Godlikenesss in your living and in your works after you were saved?"
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 04:05
    All rewards spoken of to the saved pertain to the time of the millennial kingdom. That is preceding the age of eternity, one thousand years is established as a preliminary age to determine reward for cooperation with the grace of Christ.

Count the number of times it mentions "a [or the] thousand years" in Revelation 20:1-7. Keep in mind that the new heaven and new earth of eternity do not come in until chapter 21.

The above sentence about Christ coming with a reward with Him is spoken to the churches. Therefore it is to the saved who alone are constituents of Christian churches.

"Behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me to render to each one as his work is. "(Rev. 22:12)
    "I Jesus have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches ..." (v.16)
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 04:121 edit
    Paul expected that ALL of those laboring on the Christian church would receive their own reward.

"Now he who plants and he who waters are one, but each will receive his own REWARD according to his own labor." (1 Cor. 3:8)

Paul said he planted divine life.
    Another apostle watered that divine life.
    Only God could give the growth of that divine life.

"I planted, Apollos watered, but God caused to grow. So then neither is he who plants anything nor he who waters, but God who causes the growth..' (vs.6,7)

Nevertheless before the judgment seat of Christ (for the saved only) Christ will reward the fairthfulness and the quality of each one's service.

" ... but each will receive his own REWARD according to his own labor." (v.8)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 04:20
    It is possible that one be eternally saved yet receive some disciplinary recompense during the thousand year kingdom preceding the eternal age.

"Knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as RECOMPENSE. You serve the Lord Christ.

For he who does unrighteously will receive what he unrighteously did, and there is no respect of persons." (Col. 3:24,25)

The proof that one can be saved yet suffer disciplinary recompense is evident in First Corinthians 3:14,15)

"If anyone's work which he has built upon the foundation [of Christ] remains, he will receive a REWARD.

If anyone's work is consumed, he will SUFFER LOSS, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire." (1 Cor. 3:14,15)
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 06:30
    Originally posted by @sonship
    "With many disciples the eyes are yet blinded to this mystery of rewards, which is an open mystery of the Word. It must be an imputed righteousness whereby we enter; but having thus entered by faith, our works determine our relative rank, place, reward."
    Would you include yourself within this "many disciples group"?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 07:18
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Question marks go inside quotation marks, tiger. Miss Alawat taught you that just last week!
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 07:20
    divegeester: Would you include yourself within this "many disciples group"?

Originally posted by @romans1009
    Question marks go inside quotation marks, tiger. Miss Alawat taught you that just last week!
    What makes you say this?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 07:42
    Originally posted by @fmf
    What makes you say this?
    I want tiger to do better in school.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 07:46
    I want tiger to do better in school.
    You believe...

...should have been...

Would you include yourself within this "many disciples group?"
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 07:53
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You believe...

[b]Would you include yourself within this "many disciples group"?

...should have been...

Would you include yourself within this "many disciples group?"[/b]
    What I believe isn’t the issue; it’s what Miss Alawat believes. She’s the one who grades tiger’s papers. He’s writing his next paper on the difference between lager and ale.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 10:02
    .. Thoughout this thread it is a given that eternal salvation is a gift obtained for the believer by Christ's finished work.
    Throughout this thread I will present the truth about eternal salvation. It is Gods gift to those who are obedient to his commandments.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 10:13
    It is possible that one be eternally saved yet receive some disciplinary [b]recompense during the thousand year kingdom preceding the eternal age.

"Knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as RECOMPENSE. You serve the Lord Christ.

For he who does unrighteously will receive what he unrighteously did, and there is no ...[text shortened]... FFER LOSS, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire." (1 Cor. 3:14,15)
    [/b]
    Conveniently ignore the next couple verses which speaks of destruction for evil Christians. Cherry picking = the broad road to false doctrines = damnation.

If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. (1 Corinthians 3:17 KJV)
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 10:29
    What I believe isn’t the issue; it’s what Miss Alawat believes. She’s the one who grades tiger’s papers. He’s writing his next paper on the difference between lager and ale.
    English Grammar and Comprehension .. go get some classes. Forget Tiger .. you need it more than him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree