Reward

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 18 Apr '18 03:52
  1. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 10:321 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    All rewards spoken of to the saved pertain to the time of the millennial kingdom. That is preceding the age of eternity, one thousand years is established as a preliminary age to determine reward for cooperation with the grace of Christ.

Count the number of times it mentions [b]"a [or the] thousand years"
    in Revelation 20:1-7. Keep in mind t ...[text shortened]... sus have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches ..." (v.16) [/b] [/quote][/b]
    Another crooked omission of sections of Gods Word vital for proper understanding:

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. (Revelation 22:12-16 KJV)

Why did you omit part of that passage.
    Why do you constantly cherry pick the word of God
    Jesus is clearly spelling it out - who gets the reward and why.

WHY ARE YOU SO CROOKED SONSHIP?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 11:414 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Would you include yourself within this "many disciples group"?
    At one time I might have not known about the rewards as far as Scripture teaches. But I had an intuitive feeling in my conscience that something like this must be the case. Otherwise it would kind of make God unwise. For the tendency to take grace for granted is often an attitude, especially in a surrounding atmosphere of degradation.

Don't think of a "group" in a sense of one has to have permanent membership. "Once Dull Always Dull". My quotation was not meant to assign disciples to permanent "groups" from which they ever after must be identified.

I was not trying to forever brand fellow Christians to inescapable classifications. Don't use this as evidence of schism or sectarianism being practiced by me.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 12:022 edits
    I quoted Revelation 22:12 and verse 16.

Other than focusing on a point there was no other motive for excluding the in-between verses 13,14, and 15. Neither was there a sneaky motive excluding verses 1,2,3,4, ... 11 or verses 17,18,19 ,,, 21.

Some ancient manuscripts read "wash their robes" and some read "do His commandments".

My favorite translation has 'Blessed are they who wash their robes that they may have right to the tree of life ..." (Recovery Version) . I am not hung up on that and would own any of the following versions based on other ancient copies.

King James Bible
    Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    “Blessings to those who are doing his Commandments; their authority shall be over The Tree of Life, and they shall enter The City by the gates.”

The only point I was making was that the book of Revelation is a revelation sent by Jesus to the churches and churches in NT terms means Christians.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 12:041 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Throughout this thread I will present the truth about eternal salvation. It is Gods gift to those who are obedient to his commandments.
    Continuing with the theme of this thread .. the Christian church is comprised of a wide variety of born again Chrsitians. Some good, some lukewarm, some evil. Each group will have specific rewards. Christ in his letters to the churches explained this:

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; ..
    I have not found thy works perfect before God.
    Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard,
    and hold fast, and repent.
    If therefore thou shalt not watch, ..
    Thou hast a few names even in Sardis
    which have not defiled their garments;
    and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
    He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment;
    and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life,
    but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
    (Revelation 3:1-5 KJV)

To the churdh in Sardis. Jesus states clearly that it is only those
    who have not defiled their garments are worthy.
    These are overcomers whose names are NOT blotted out of the book of life.

Eternal assurance of salvation is only for those whose works please Christ
    and who have not defiled themselves.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 12:05
    My favorite translation has [b]'Blessed are they who wash their robes that they may have right to the tree of life ..." (Recovery Version) . I am not hung up on that and would own any of the following versions based on other ancient copies...[/b]
    Of course your favourite translation must be one that your church has manipulated to read what they want it to read.

Your church is crooked
    You are likewise crooked
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 12:152 edits
    "Because those whom He foreknew He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the FIrstborn among many brothers." (Rom. 8:29)

We know that God's will is that all believers be conformed to the image of His Son. (Rom.8:29). So He will reward cooperating with sanctification in a timely way to obtain Christ likeness and "son" likeness.

"But love your enemies, and do good and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your REWARD will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He is kind to the unthankful and evil." (Luke 6:35)

To be a matured son of God is a great reward.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 12:254 edits
    We also notice that devotion to God in secret will be rewarded. In other words genuine consecration unto God rather than hypocritical show acting for man, God will reward.

Jesus is genuine and real a million %.

"But you, when you pray, enter into your private room and shut your door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will REPAY you."
    (Matt. 6:6)

Please notice that here the Lord Jesus did not just say God would ANSWER your prayer. He aid God would REPAY the genuine, real, unshowy, private prayer.

Think about this. God may answer your prayer "Yes". Or God may answer your prayer "No" or "No, not just yet."
    However, Jesus said God would REPAY prayer.

My opinion is that this is because genuine prayer WILL cause you to become more and more Christ like. And God will REWARD your becoming Christlike in the age of grace.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 12:35
    The Judgment Seat of Christ is set up to determine what is the reward given to the Christian who has received the gift of eternal life. ...
    Blinded by the light. earth band

Do not go into the light! poltergeist

I'm saying it's a trap. What is so wonderful about heaven anyway. Really!
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 15:511 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Question marks go inside quotation marks, tiger. Miss Alawat taught you that just last week!
    You are incorrect in this case; smart-ass.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 15:55
    At one time I might have not known about the rewards as far as Scripture teaches. But I had an intuitive feeling in my conscience that something like this must be the case. Otherwise it would kind of make God unwise. For the tendency to take grace for granted is often an attitude, especially in a surrounding atmosphere of degradation.

Don't think of a "g ...[text shortened]... ble classifications. Don't use this as evidence of schism or sectarianism being practiced by me.
    I'm not sure if that was a yes or a no...

I'm asking you if you are, at this point in time one of the "many" Christian disciples which you have identified as having "eyes are yet blinded to this mystery of rewards"?
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 16:121 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    English Grammar and Comprehension .. go get some classes. Forget Tiger .. you need it more than him.
    ...more than he.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 17:07
    Originally posted by @js357
    ...more than he.
    🙂 Thanks
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 17:08
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Blinded by the light. earth band

Do not go into the light! poltergeist

I'm saying it's a trap. What is so wonderful about heaven anyway. Really!
    Brings back some memories ... cool
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 17:11
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Question marks go inside quotation marks, tiger. Miss Alawat taught you that just last week!
    Incorrect. A question mark would only go inside quotation marks if it were part of the quoted material. (Which it wasn't).

A question mark, not part of the quoted material, as in Dive's case, would go on the outside. (Where Dive placed it).

Bearing in mind Becker has stated in another thread that errors are actually forms of lying, are you happy to be perceived here as a liar, or just someone who has embarrassed himself by incorrectly challenging someone else's grammar?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 17:28
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You are incorrect in this case; smart-ass.
    Your beef is with Miss Alawat, not with me. And because she is your teacher and grades your papers, it’s best to do what she says. I think she knows English and grammar better than we do.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree