1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    30 Jun '13 00:013 edits
    "RHP Spirituality Forum Experiment"

    It's becoming apparent to me that voluminous posts in this forum militate against clarity. Ineffective communication and needless frictions result. Let's give a single sentence reply experiment a shot. Compound sentences are frowned upon but permitted. All topics should be introduced in an orderly manner. Too many conversations in progress will discourage participation. Topics should also respect this forum's charter: "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after." (Russ & Chris) I owe Paul Dirac II conversation on the topic of "Tithing". And have enjoyed swapping thoughts with JS357 and googlefudge on the topic of Rene Descartes' intricate speculations. Thank you. -Bob

    Note: Penguin, how could I forget mentioning you with reference to Descartes. Please accept my apology.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    30 Jun '13 00:011 edit
    'I Am (exist), therefore I think.'
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    30 Jun '13 00:10
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"RHP Spirituality Forum Experiment"

    It's becoming apparent to me that voluminous posts in this forum militate against clarity. Ineffective communication and needless frictions result. Let's give a single sentence reply experiment a shot. Compound sentences are frowned upon but permitted. All topics should be introduced in an orderly man ...[text shortened]... nd googlefudge on the topic of Rene Descartes' intricate speculations. Thank you. -Bob[/b]
    "Compound sentences are frowned upon but permitted."

    I think you need to have a RHP club of your own, GB.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    30 Jun '13 00:251 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    "Compound sentences are frowned upon but permitted."

    I think you need to have a RHP club of your own, GB.
    Red Hot Pawn is an incredibly comfortable global hotel with room for everyone and their friends.
  5. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    30 Jun '13 00:53
    Thanks and I would love to have that actually happen and I hope it does. As long as terms such as dense, idiot, amnesia, fool..well you get the picture, are not used or even implyed, I'm in.
    Nothing will ever be learned or taught or even just shared as long as those terms are used.
    I say if one cannot communicate without those terms in their comments, or dislike the subject, they need to refrain from commenting.
    Let ones who desire to have a cilvil discussion, have it. Too much highjacking with negative intensions.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    30 Jun '13 01:16
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Thanks and I would love to have that actually happen and I hope it does. As long as terms such as dense, idiot, amnesia, fool..well you get the picture, are not used or even implyed, I'm in.
    Nothing will ever be learned or taught or even just shared as long as those terms are used.
    I say if one cannot communicate without those terms in their comments ...[text shortened]... who desire to have a cilvil discussion, have it. Too much highjacking with negative intensions.
    Would civil single sentence replies help diffuse animosities and minimize some of the friction and heat?
  7. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    30 Jun '13 03:491 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Would civil single sentence replies help diffuse animosities and minimize some of the friction and heat?
    I'd say it would help keep things civil, honorable and respectful...

    I'm just curious as to how many would actually get involved?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    30 Jun '13 04:08
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I'd say it would help keep things civil, honorable and respectful...

    I'm just curious as to how many would actually get involved?
    "I'm just curious as to how many would actually get involved?"

    Primary purpose of this experiment is to find out.
  9. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    30 Jun '13 04:48
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "I'm just curious as to how many would actually get involved?"

    Primary purpose of this experiment is to find out.
    It might, I hope.

    So what do we talk about?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    30 Jun '13 05:021 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It might, I hope.

    So what do we talk about?
    "Topics should also respect this forum's charter: "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after." (Russ & Chris) [OP]

    Your call.
  11. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    30 Jun '13 16:40
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Topics should also respect this forum's charter: "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after." (Russ & Chris) [OP]

    Your call.
    Jesus Christ is Lord.
  12. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    30 Jun '13 16:53
    Originally posted by josephw
    Jesus Christ is Lord.
    Yes and the son of God.
  13. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    30 Jun '13 16:57
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Yes and the son of God.
    Yes, and God too.
  14. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    30 Jun '13 17:26
    Originally posted by josephw
    Yes, and God too.
    Not everyones belief.
  15. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    30 Jun '13 18:09
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Not everyones belief.
    True. Those who know the truth believe it.
Back to Top