1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 06:44
    Originally posted by josephw
    How would you know since the only one you're allowed to read is corrupt?
    Experiment ends in abject failure.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 07:23
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Let it go, kev.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 07:58
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Let it go, kev.
    I just did bobby, beware of single sentences carrying multiple interpretations.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 10:05
    Speak for yourself.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 12:23
    Speak for yourself.
    That's all I ever do, whilst trying to avoid personal insults, you apparently speak for god, and are fine with designating a persons belief system as corrupt.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 12:46
    Troll Alert: the only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to reminding others not to respond to trolls.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 12:53
    Troll Alert: the only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to reminding others not to respond to trolls.
    Thanks for the reminder but I just could'nt resist. That particular troll is nearly as self righteous as yourself.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 15:55
    That's all I ever do, whilst trying to avoid personal insults, you apparently speak for god, and are fine with designating a persons belief system as corrupt.
    "That particular troll is nearly as self righteous as yourself." kevcvs57

I try to avoid personal insults as well, but hypocrisy is forbidden.

We are all free to judge others ideas in a democratic world without fear of retribution.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 16:29
    Wrong.

http://www.illdoctrine.com/2012/06/why_you_should_feed_the_trolls.html
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 17:28
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Wrong.

http://www.illdoctrine.com/2012/06/why_you_should_feed_the_trolls.html
    Very choppy stream. Could you summarize it?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 17:34

Great Read!

http://web.archive.org/web/20060428091222/http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '13 01:52
    Great Read!

http://web.archive.org/web/20060428091222/http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm
    "What is a Troll?"

"An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people.

Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their 'achievement' (as they see it). At the moment, the relative anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish.

Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

Perhaps this sounds inconceivable. You may think, "Surely there is something I can write that will change them." But a true troll can not be changed by mere words...." There's more. Bob
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    04 Jul '13 09:24
    "What is a Troll?"

"An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people.

Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Interne ...[text shortened]... ge them." But a true troll can not be changed by mere words...." There's more. Bob
    I assumed the experiment was based on holding a discussion on this forum that did not degenerate down the well trodden path to personal invective s, I think that the use of the word 'corrupt' to describe another poster's belief system heralded the end of the experiment.

In reply you donned your self appointed site moderator's hat and instructed me to 'let it go' and as a result of me not recognising your non existent authority you labelled me a troll. You really do not have the intellectual capacity to debate me or anybody else off this forum, so maybe you should 'let it go' Bobby.
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    04 Jul '13 09:34
    [b]"That particular troll is nearly as self righteous as yourself." kevcvs57

I try to avoid personal insults as well, but hypocrisy is forbidden.

We are all free to judge others ideas in a democratic world without fear of retribution.[/b]
    Yes but the point of the exercise was to judge and challenge others ideas without resorting to a lexicon of insulting negativity.

I stand by my judgement that this post :-

"How would you know since the only one you're allowed to read is corrupt"

From you to galveston75 marked the end of the exercise, if this caused you to fear retribution maybe you should take a Valium before posting on this site because it certainly was not my intention.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree