1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 14:16
    I just found out that Richard Dawkins has his own eponymous website. The site has lots of information and links relevant to atheism, but perhaps most interestingly, it has a discussion forum. Dawkins doesn't administer the site, but he does make an occasional appearance in the forums to answer selected questions and whatnot. In a moment of irony it occurred to me that having Richard respond to your post would be for atheists the rough equivalent of what divine revelation is for theists. I've registered on the site and made three posts, but so far I have not been anointed as one of the elect that Richard has chosen to communicate with.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 14:19
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I just found out that Richard Dawkins has his own eponymous website. The site has lots of information and links relevant to atheism, but perhaps most interestingly, it has a discussion forum. Dawkins doesn't administer the site, but he does make an occasional appearance in the forums to answer selected questions and whatnot. In a moment of irony it occurred ...[text shortened]... far I have not been anointed as one of the elect that Richard has chosen to communicate with.
    I think I should read his book first before going on his website.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 14:28
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Which book? He's got many, you know.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 17:33
    That poor sorry sap. Like the non-God baiters found herein who insist there is no ocean but forever stand on the beach and gaze, Dick just can't get over his God obsession. Get a life!
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 17:41
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    That poor sorry sap. Like the non-God baiters found herein who insist there is no ocean but forever stand on the beach and gaze, Dick just can't get over his God obsession. Get a life!
    No, it's more like someone who gazes out across the ocean and sees no evidence for Poseidon. Those who insist there is a god despite a complete lack of evidence are the ones guilty of having a "god obsession."
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 18:01
    No, it's more like someone who gazes out across the ocean and sees no evidence for Poseidon. Those who insist there is a god despite a complete lack of evidence are the ones guilty of having a "god obsession."
    What is your evidence that God does not exist?
  7. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 18:11
    What's your evidence that Santa doesn't?
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 18:12
    I don't need any. What is your evidence that he does exist? The burden of proof is on the theist.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 18:396 edits
    I just found out that Richard Dawkins has his own eponymous website. The site has lots of information and links relevant to atheism, but perhaps most interestingly, it has a discussion forum. Dawkins doesn't administer the site, but he does make an occasional appearance in the forums to answer selected questions and whatnot. In a moment of irony it occurred far I have not been anointed as one of the elect that Richard has chosen to communicate with.
    What a coincidence. I also registered and this is what I wrote.

Day 1

Richard, if your real and you can hear me please speak to me......All I need is a sing man!!!

Day 2

Richard.....hello..........for the love of God...ur...um....for the love of nothingness, please speak to me I know yor are there!!!!!!

As of yet, like you, I have not gotten a response. I can only assume he only chooses to speak through a select few, unlike you and I, who have been annoited as those who can speak for him.

Having said that, as of yet there is much debate over those who have claimed to have spoken with him or for him. Apparently not all are convinced that the books he has written to date are really the voice of Richard Dawkins. Some oragnizations have recently arisen that claim to have the true words of Richard Dawkins that have, in times past, been corrupted. The new books that have been rewritten to reflect his true thought will be out shortly.

Edit: The days in question I posted are literal Dawkin days that can be considered equal to our own.
  10. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 20:371 edit
    This is very strange. You seem to be trying to equate Richard Dawkins' actions with theism as much as possible. It's a fun game, but seems to make little sense.
    Richard Dawkins has gone into more churches than most non-christians, he quotes the bible in his literature, he has a forum of people where the annointed ones get to talk to him, he makes speeches where he stands on a stage, like a preacher, whilst the audience sit in rows of seats, or pews. All this, and he claims to dislike religion? How hypocritical!

Surely it's just logical that there are too many posts that Dawkins can reply to, that he takes time out to answer queries his fans have, but that this is most informative when it's the intelectually most interesting questions?

And there is no evidence for God, else I would believe in it. If you can provide some, please do, because in that case I will repent and believe and show every other atheist the evidence so they can do likewise.
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 22:01
    Originally posted by doodinthemood
    This is very strange. You seem to be trying to equate Richard Dawkins' actions with theism as much as possible. It's a fun game, but seems to make little sense.
    Richard Dawkins has gone into more churches than most non-christians, he quotes the bible in his literature, he has a forum of people where the annointed ones get to talk to him, he makes spee ...[text shortened]... I will repent and believe and show every other atheist the evidence so they can do likewise.
    What whacked out crap are you on??

Sure, Dawkins' has been in a church - who hasn't? Most the time, form what I can see, he's trying to point out what's wrong with it, or a historical point, that the church "chooses" to forget. What's hypocritical about that?

Likewise, evolutionary biologists often point to, say Lamarkism, to show why it's wrong - what's so "hypocritical" about that?

You clearly have a bee in you bonnett, and that's not healthy. Get it out, and some back - next time bring your friend, logic. (not that many seem to).
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 22:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    What a coincidence. I also registered and this is what I wrote.

Day 1

Richard, if your real and you can hear me please speak to me......All I need is a sing man!!!

Day 2

Richard.....hello..........for the love of God...ur...um....for the love of nothingness, please speak to me I know yor are there!!!!!!

As of yet, like you, I have not gotten ...[text shortened]... The days in question I posted are literal Dawkin days that can be considered equal to our own.
    And the day Richard Dawkins is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent (and omnibenevolent) expect an answer.
  13. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 23:16
    No Jay, you must go to his website NOW, and defintely read The God Delusion! 😲
  14. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 23:20
    I defintely agree with you: I don't need any evident either that god exits...but there isn't any!

Bertrand Russell was asked what he would say if he died and found himself confronted by God, who demanded to know why he had not believed in Him. 'Not enough evidence, God, not enough evidence' was Russell's reply.
    😉
  15. Illinois
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 03:04
    Originally posted by Stregone
    I defintely agree with you: I don't need any evident either that god exits...but there isn't any!

Bertrand Russell was asked what he would say if he died and found himself confronted by God, who demanded to know why he had not believed in Him. 'Not enough evidence, God, not enough evidence' was Russell's reply.
    😉
    "“Show us a miraculous sign if you want us to believe in you. What can you do?" Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. But you haven’t believed in me even though you have seen me"" (John 6:30, 35).

--------------------------

It was disingenuous of Russell to make such a reply ('Not enough evidence, God, not enough evidence'😉, because Russell never went to Christ or approached him in the first place. In the passages above, Jesus clearly points out to those demanding proof, that they will get all the proof they need when, and if, they first 'come to him'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree