1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 09:29
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    So magic then.
    Kind of like nonliving matter coming to life. Yea, that kind of magic.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 23:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    We know what they think from what they write. As far as the Bible being proof that God exists, this is not the focus of the Biblical archaeologist. The only reason I brought them up was that someone said the Bible is not a reliable source. If not, then why are there Biblical archaelogists? You may not agree that it is an accurate spiritual document but it ...[text shortened]... elf to be a valuable historical document thus it has shown itself to be reliable to some degree.
    "Fatherland" by Robert Harris is historically accurate to some degree, yet also fiction. Your point?
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 23:20
    Kind of like nonliving matter coming to life. Yea, that kind of magic.
    No. Those two types of "magic" are completely different. Abiogenesis has evidence backing it. Your "magical soul" idea has none.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 11:17
    are you trying to find proof God exists? Again?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 13:36
    "Fatherland" by Robert Harris is historically accurate to some degree, yet also fiction. Your point?
    And there is a science based on it I presume?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 13:37
    No. Those two types of "magic" are completely different. Abiogenesis has evidence backing it. Your "magical soul" idea has none.
    So why not run to a lab and place some amino acids in a dish and whatever else you need for ingredients and wave your decoder ring magic wand over it and say, "LIVE!!!"
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 13:45
    And there is a science based on it I presume?
    The only reason for the scientific interest in the Bible that you are talking about is because a religion (or three) is based on it, not because of any special properties that the Bible has that cannot be found in any other book (or collection of books, which is what the Bible is). In fact if Christianity and other religions had died out 1000 years ago, the Bible would not be any where near the top of the list of great historical works.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree