1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 03:38
    Originally posted by Stregone
    I defintely agree with you: I don't need any evident either that god exits...but there isn't any!

Bertrand Russell was asked what he would say if he died and found himself confronted by God, who demanded to know why he had not believed in Him. 'Not enough evidence, God, not enough evidence' was Russell's reply.
    😉
    Well lets see, the Bible says that God is love or the source of all love. Does love exist? No. At least not in the material world. There is a spiritual element to our existence that is undeniable although not tangible or measurable. We can deny the source of such evidences but we cannot deny that those evidences do not, in fact, exist.
  2. Standard memberStregoneonline
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 03:43
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    "“Show us a miraculous sign if you want us to believe in you. What can you do?" Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. But you haven’t believed in me even though you have seen me"" (John 6:30, 35).

--------------------------

It was disingenuous of Russe ...[text shortened]... roof, that they will get all the proof they need when, and if, they first 'come to him'.
    Right! Who cares what someone claims that jesus said? And that fiction about never being hungry or thirsty again is just rubbish!
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 04:02
    Right! Who cares what someone claims that jesus said? And that fiction about never being hungry or thirsty again is just rubbish!
    Do you even have any incling what Jesus was talking about here? Do you even care?
  4. Standard memberStregoneonline
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 04:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    Do you even have any incling what Jesus was talking about here? Do you even care?
    No, I really don't! 😛
  5. Standard memberRuppster1
    Saved by grace.
    State of Denial.
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 04:21
    Eternity is long time if you are wrong my friends. This life on earth is just the blink of an eye. I would rather live a life believing in God and do the best I can to live a good christian life. If I am wrong I lived a good life so nothing lost. If I am right, I have an eternal life with the creator of the universe.

If you are wrong it could mean eternal damnation. A terrible price to pay for foolish pride.
  6. Standard memberStregoneonline
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 05:17
    Well lets see, the Bible says that God is love or the source of all love. Does love exist? No. At least not in the material world. There is a spiritual element to our existence that is undeniable although not tangible or measurable. We can deny the source of such evidences but we cannot deny that those evidences do not, in fact, exist.
    Frankly, the Bible, is not a (reliable) source!
  7. Illinois
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 07:08
    God loves you, Stregone.
  8. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 07:47
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    What whacked out crap are you on??

Sure, Dawkins' has been in a church - who hasn't? Most the time, form what I can see, he's trying to point out what's wrong with it, or a historical point, that the church "chooses" to forget. What's hypocritical about that?

Likewise, evolutionary biologists often point to, say Lamarkism, to show why it's wro ...[text shortened]... t out, and some back - next time bring your friend, logic. (not that many seem to).
    Apologies. I was using a British method of humour known as satire.
  9. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 07:48
    Originally posted by Ruppster1
    Eternity is long time if you are wrong my friends. This life on earth is just the blink of an eye. I would rather live a life believing in God and do the best I can to live a good christian life. If I am wrong I lived a good life so nothing lost. If I am right, I have an eternal life with the creator of the universe.

If you are wrong it could mean eternal damnation. A terrible price to pay for foolish pride.
    If you are wrong, Zeus won't be happy.
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 12:12
    Originally posted by doodinthemood
    Apologies. I was using a British method of humour known as satire.
    Doesn't translate to a digital medium though. I'd recommend against it, at least until you've post here a few hundred more times and people actually know your beliefs, that we can actually detect sarcasm. Otherwise, people aren't going to get the "joke".
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 12:14
    Originally posted by Ruppster1

Pascal's wager is a stupid one.

Think about all the fun things you'll miss out on, and all the people you'll repress (homosexuals, women, black people) if you do live a good life as defined by the bible.
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 12:15
    Does love exist? No. At least not in the material world.
    The brain isn't in the material world?

Where, pray tell, does love exist if not in the material world?
  13. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 12:25
    Doesn't translate to a digital medium though. I'd recommend against it, at least until you've post here a few hundred more times and people actually know your beliefs, that we can actually detect sarcasm. Otherwise, people aren't going to get the "joke".
    I was assuming that the points put forward would be so rediculous as to display the stupidity of any similar ideas. Unfortunately, I forgot the point that religious argument is indestinguishable from religious mockery.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 12:28
    Originally posted by doodinthemood
    I was assuming that the points put forward would be so rediculous as to display the stupidity of any similar ideas. Unfortunately, I forgot the point that religious argument is indestinguishable from religious mockery.
    Stick around here for long enough, and you'll realise that people believe some pretty whacked out stuff. I mean, how do you properly even start to mock someone who believes that the world is 6,000 years old and was made in 6 days by a man with a big fluffy beard - and there are plenty of those here.
  15. Joined
    13 Dec '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 14:401 edit
    Pascal's wager is a stupid one.

Think about all the fun things you'll miss out on, and all the people you'll repress (homosexuals, women, black people) if you do live a good life as defined by the bible.
    And think about the possibility that it's really Zeus that's in charge, and that you'll be punished eternally in the afterlife for not offering up proper homage to Olympus. Might as well worship them as well, just to be safe, don't you think? Eternity is a long time if you are wrong...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree