1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    14 Feb '10 19:10
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I've called you "dim, a liar , stalker , dishonest , a child" because you have repeatedly shown yourself to be all these things. You have admitted at times to being the middle three at times and if you can be honest with yourself you'll know the other two are true as well.

I've called W a "bigot" because he has repeatedly shown himself to be one. You' ...[text shortened]... p down, you know this too. Try to grow that little seed of a conscience you must have.
    It's all black and whites for you isn't it - no greys or subtle tones - just a world full of heroes , saints , liars , bigots etc etc.

None of what you have said takes away from the rigid way you have constructed your postion.

You lay out your stall and then when someone disagrees or asks you a straight question you become obtuse and evasive. The person naturally becomes frustrated and then you prey on any mistakes they make so that they become "liars" or "dishonest" or a "child".

All this can only be maintained by adopting a hyper-rigid position and not revealing anything much of yourself , which protects you from any counter arguments , and also stops people from getting a feel for who you really are and what you believe.

Others around you reveal much more of their beliefs and feelings and thinking processes and so make themselves more vulnerable to accusations than you do. Meanwhile , you play your cards close to your chest waiting for an opportunity to pounce on any little contradiction or mistake.

In the end it's just a self-fulfilling prophecy. You get a picture of reality and truth which conforms to what you want it to be. You decide in advance that Christians are bigots , liars and hypocrites and hey presto , you prove it to yourself by creating frustration and hostility for yourself because of the disingenuous way you debate. You then interpret that frustration as conformation that Christians are hypocrites.

It's a brittle defence mechanism which in the short term works very well until people see it for what it is , and then you just look like a one trick pony. And by calling others liars and children etc -it's a neat way of not having to take anyone's feedback seriously , thus preventing yourself from really thinking about your position.

However, it's your reality and you can live it in it for as long as you wish. It really is up to you whether you want to learn anything or just consildate what you already think you know. But you probably don't even know yourself that you are doing this - as soon as you do the game's up. So I'm holding up a mirror to you and it's yours to take it or leave it.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '10 19:21
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    It's all black and whites for you isn't it - no greys or subtle tones - just a world full of heroes , saints , liars , bigots etc etc.

None of what you have said takes away from the rigid way you have constructed your postion.

You lay out your stall and then when someone disagrees or asks you a straight question you become obtuse and evasive. T ...[text shortened]... 's up. So I'm holding up a mirror to you and it's yours to take it or leave it.
    I've called you "dim, a liar , stalker , dishonest , a child" because you have repeatedly shown yourself to be all these things. You have admitted at times to being the middle three at times and if you can be honest with yourself you'll know the other two are true as well.

I've called W a "bigot" because he has repeatedly shown himself to be one. You've acknowledged his bigotry toward homosexuals yourself in the past.

For you to try to represent this as being because people disagree is dishonest in itself. There are plenty that disagree with me but don't exhibit the above behaviors and I've not said they were.

Come out of the darkness and embrace the light of truth.

The truth will set you free.
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    14 Feb '10 19:41
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

I've called W a "bigot" because he has repeatedly shown himself to be one. You'v ...[text shortened]... me out of the darkness and embrace the light of truth.

The truth will set you free.
    Your thinking is so narrow and rigid you can't even be bothered to think of new things to say.

And Copying and pasting truly is lazy.

Once again your arrogant hubris gets the better of you. You just can't comprehend that anyone can teach you anything.

BTW- If what you offer is the "truth" I'd be happy to be in a pitch black cellar.

Thankfully it isn't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree