1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 11:551 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Dasa,

Maybe you didn't see this. If you wish, I would like you to reply.

Dasa, if one is reincarnated as another creature, in what sense can that be the SAME life ?

If a monkey is reincarnated as a donkey - that is the donkey's heart and not the previous monkey's heart.

If you are reincarnated as another person Ravi - that is Ravi's heart then and not Dasa's heart.

In reincarnation, doesn't a change of the life also mean a change of the person and the heart ?
    Are you saying a long list of creatures from a fish
    through a frog
    through a bird
    through a camel
    through a man
    through another man
    through a woman ALL share the SAME heart which needed cleansing ?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 12:46
    Originally posted by sonship
    Dasa,

Maybe you didn't see this. If you wish, I would like you to reply.

Dasa, if one is reincarnated as another creature, in what sense can that be the SAME life ?

If a monkey is reincarnated as a donkey - that is the donkey's heart and not the previous monkey's heart.

If you are reincarnated as another person Ravi - that is Ravi's ...[text shortened]...
    through another man
    through a woman ALL share the SAME heart which needed cleansing ?
    Am by no means an authority (or indeed believer) in reincarnation, but it is my understanding that it is the eternal soul that is reincarnated, meaning that the physical form (or species) into which one is reincarnated is pretty much irrelevant. It is still the continuation and growth of one existence.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 14:20
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Am by no means an authority (or indeed believer) in reincarnation, but it is my understanding that it is the eternal soul that is reincarnated, meaning that the physical form (or species) into which one is reincarnated is pretty much irrelevant. It is still the continuation and growth of one existence.
    I understand this. But what I am asking Dasa about is WHOSE soul is it that is being improved or cleansed in each successive stage.

In reincarnation, the previous life's soul is no more.
    The next life's soul has taken the previous one's place.
    What errors the previous one had are gone with its demise.
    And what errors the new one possesses will likewise be gone with its demise.

Each soul has its own life as far as I can see.
    So not only the physical body is different but the immaterial soul life is different as well.

Dasa may be gathering up some reply. Let's see what he would say.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 15:08
    I think you have misunderstood the ideas behind reincarnation, but yes, hopefully Dasa will give a better explanation than i have given.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 15:431 edit
    I think you have misunderstood the ideas behind reincarnation, but yes, hopefully Dasa will give a better explanation than i have given.
    Maybe I don't understand.

I do understand that in this universe there is only ONE life, death, and resurrection which can cleanse our souls. That is that of Jesus the Son of God.

His death is mysteriously and profoundly transferable to include each of us.

" ... that One died for all, therefore all died.

And He died for all that those who live may no longer live to themselves but to Him who died for them and has been raised." ( 2 Cor. 4:14,15)

I cannot tell you how utterly USEFUL the death of Jesus Christ has been for me. His death can be accessed and made effective to "kill off" many bad and old things in me.

Imagine a drink which as all kinds of ingredients to make you healthy. Imagine a drink which has every kind of vitamin to make cure all kinds of sicknesses.

The Death of Jesus Christ is one of the ingredients of the Holy Spirit. When you receive the Holy Spirit by asking Jesus to come into your heart, there is included a element like a killing power to terminate all kinds of germs in your personality.

Both His death and His life are available. We can download into our being both the death and resurrection. We can download the terminating power and the germinating power of Christ's death and resurrection.

So Paul who pioneered into this experience taught us -

" .. are you ignorant that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? We have been buried therefore with Him through baptism into death, in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so also we might walk in newness of life." (Romans 6:3,4)

The "Killing Off" power is in Christ to terminate. This is the cleansing each soul needs. And it need not wait until one dies for some reincarnation as another soul.

The only death and resurrection we need for the cleansing of the soul is that accomplished by Jesus Christ and included as ingredients of His Spirit that can enter into us.

So Paul, pioneering in this experience, authored some 13 books of the NT to help the rest of us to enter into the rich experience -

"I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me, and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

If you take chess lessons from Gary Kasperov you get expert experience to learn from. Right?

If we pay attention the Apostle Paul and other writers of the New Testament, we also get expert experience of how to enter into the overcoming Christian life.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 15:50
    [b]Maybe I don't understand.

I do understand that in this universe there is only ONE life, death, and resurrection which can cleanse our souls. That is that of Jesus the Son of God.
    Yes, i understand that you believe that.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 16:001 edit

That's good. You understand that I believe that.
    I have experience of Jesus Christ going back over 35 years.

I believe the true report.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 16:08
    So Dasa may explain the cleansing of the soul / souls (?) through successive reincarnation.

But you are assured of only ONE soul - the one you have now today.
    Do you have any recollection of some PREVIOUS self you were before ?

Maybe the demonic spirits would deceive people into thinking they are contacting PREVIOUS people. The Bible calls these "familair spirits".

"Familiar spirits" can ramsack the memories of dead people and cause living people to be deceived that they they are contacting past and deceased people.

There is deception.

But you are sure, if not of evil "familiar spirits" at least of your own soul. That is the ONE and ONLY soul that you have. This one and only soul you should turn over the the Lord Jesus.

The proof of His undying love for your soul is in His suffering the cross, God's condemnation, the crucifixion on behalf of you. That means YOU.

Notice that Paul made it very personal to himself - "the Son of God who loved ME and gave Himself up for ME."

Only God can do this. Only God can become a man in time, finite, limited, yet universally FOR each one He has created and loves - personally in a way transcending time.

On Calvary, even 2,000 years ago, He loved ME and gave Himself up for ME.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 16:11
    What does it hurt, for a man or woman to go where the voice can be lifted and ask - " God is it true that on the cross on Calvary You loved ME and gave up Yourself for ME ??" ?

How this can be is hard to explain. But Paul said it was personal. God in Christ loved ME and gave Himself up for ME. He gave Himself up for each of us in love to save our souls.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 16:18

That's good. You understand that I believe that.
    I have experience of Jesus Christ going back over 35 years.

I believe the true report.
    No disrespect intended, but i have experience of drinking coffee, going back over 35 years. I am always open though to trying new brands, and do not seek to belittle the coffee enjoyed by other cultures.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 16:27
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you saying then that beauroberts "disassociated" himself?

I am of course referring to the WT change in policy on the disciplining of JW members who take blood (in a life and death situation on the operating table for example) and whom are not "DF'd" (nicely shortened by the way) but are "self disassociated". An interesting development which occurr ...[text shortened]... e to not taking blood. However the effect on the individual is the same - exclusion.

Deny it?
    FAO of roigam.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 16:32
    No disrespect intended, but i have experience of drinking coffee, going back over 35 years. I am always open though to trying new brands, and do not seek to belittle the coffee enjoyed by other cultures.

You should try a cup of NescaChrist - the heavenly coffee!

"What shall I render to the Lord for all His benefits towards me? I will take up the cup of salvation and call upon the name of the Lord." (Psalm 116:12,13)

Did you know that the more of the world you drink the more thirsty you will become? But if you drink of the beverage that Jesus gives it will become in you a fountain springing up into eternal life.

As thirsty as you are today - that is how much you drank of the world yesterday. But to drink of Christ quenches the innermost thirst.

"Jesus answered and said to her, Everyone who drinks of this water shall thirst again.

But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall by no means thirst forever; but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water gushing up into eternal life." (John 4:13,14)

Jesus saw that women with five husbands in John chapter five. He did not emphasize her badness. He helped her realize her thirst. She was just thirsty. This is good because the sinner is just so thirsty.

Many of us were bad because we were just so thirsty for enjoyment.
    Christ is the reality of every refreshing beverage.
    He is the reality of every healthy beverage.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 16:43
    Originally posted by divegeester
    FAO of roigam.
    Beu Roberts was disfellowshipped for unrepentence, he publicly admitted this. No one is disfellowshipped because of their iniquity. Why you seem unable to grasp this is perhaps willfull ignorance or more evidence of your inability to break free from your delusions. Either way, you simply cannot grasp it. It really is quite beyond you.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 17:26

You should try a cup of NescaChrist - the heavenly coffee!

[b]"What shall I render to the Lord for all His benefits towards me? ...[text shortened]... ist is the reality of every refreshing beverage.
    He is the reality of every healthy beverage.
    I'm content with the coffee.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 21:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Beu Roberts was disfellowshipped for unrepentence, he publicly admitted this. No one is disfellowshipped because of their iniquity. Why you seem unable to grasp this is perhaps willfull ignorance or more evidence of your inability to break free from your delusions. Either way, you simply cannot grasp it. It really is quite beyond you.
    For being unrepentant from what exactly?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree