1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 05:262 edits
    Hey all, RajK included,
    Someone in North Carolina sent me an e-mail excerpt below
    =====================
    To “intend never to sin again in my heart in order to have a proper repentance so that I can be saved” is a great desire to aspire too. The reality is our sinful tendency is to our core! We are all totally depraved.
    Ecclesiastes 7:20.

With that in mind our goal is to grow in holiness (as a result we will sin less – I Peter 1:15-16) yet the unique testimony of many is that the more they grow in holiness the more they realize they are sinful! That is why grace is so amazing. “where sin abounded grace did much more abound”. The verse before this one (Romans 5:19 & 20) makes it clear – “for as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous”. Our intent on not sinning is not sufficient! Because we can’t not sin! Therefore our salvation is not dependent on how much or how well we repent but on how perfect Jesus’ sacrifice for our sins was!

Grow to know the love of God in Christ because only there will you find the ability to change at the heart level (II Corinthians 3:18, 5:17).
    ================

Hey All,
    It seems that Christ can be the only one who makes us righteous "...so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous." So, if Christ makes souls righteous rather than obedience and rather than repentance, it isn't people who do their best to be good that gains eternal life, but it is Christ who gains eternal life for people. Outside of Christ, there is no righteousness that merits eternal life.

For a Christian to be holy is good, but apparently it is too late for people to be holy in order to gain eternal life. Christ is the way for eternal life, not doing good works.

Christians, be good to please God and to gain reward, but don't think that you can earn eternal life by being holy. Christ is indispensable. Without Christ, there is no eternal life.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 15:20
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Hey all, RajK included,
    =====================
    To “intend never to sin again in my heart in order to have a proper repentance so that I can be saved” is a great desire to aspire too. The reality is our sinful tendency is to our core! We are all totally depraved.

With th ...[text shortened]... eternal life by being holy. Christ is indispensable. Without Christ, there is no eternal life.
    If people would take a good honest look at their lives, they would easily see how this is true. Some take this message to heart and rededicate themselves to God and hold fast to the life preserver of Christ's redemptive sacrifice. Others will scoff and claim that there is no sin, or even that there is no God. They manufacture excuse after excuse that, in their mind, excuses them from guilt or even judgement.

But I must say that in order to be ripe for the gift of His sacrifice to take hold and result in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, one must repent. One cannot do it alone, but to receive the blessing, one's heart must be open to it. Accepting the gift of Christ's sacrifice must be a willful thing, He cannot come into your life without your honest and repentant desire for Him to do so. I agree that Christ alone can make souls righteous, but one has to do their part too; one must accede and accept His offer of salvation, and this is not possible with an unrepentant heart.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 21:29
    Hey all, RajK included,
    =====================

With th ...[text shortened]... eternal life by being holy. Christ is indispensable. Without Christ, there is no eternal life.
    The soul is eternal.

The soul cannot be mortal...............[not now and not ever.]

Talking about the reward of eternal life is a false perception / because we are all eternal "ALREADY" and we cannot be anything but eternal.

The spirit or the soul or the living entity which ever you want to use / has never been born and shall never know death / because that is the nature of spirit / the soul is ..............Sat-Cit-Ananda-Vigraha.

However our material flesh and blood body which our soul wears like clothing / shall certainly die and and ultimately rot and become dust in the wind.

The soul then incarnates into another womb of another mother according to its karma / and it does it all over again and again and again and again / until one glorious day he/she surrenders to the Lord and then returns back home BACK TO GODHEAD.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 15:31
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The soul is eternal.

Talking about the reward of eternal life is a false perception / because we are all eternal "ALREADY" and we cannot be anything but eternal.

The spirit or the soul or the living entity which ever you want to use / has never been born and shall never know death / becaus ...[text shortened]... until one glorious day he/she surrenders to the Lord and then returns back home BACK TO GODHEAD.
    Prove we have souls, without citing the Vedas.
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 04:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    If people would take a good honest look at their lives, they would easily see how this is true. Some take this message to heart and rededicate themselves to God and hold fast to the life preserver of Christ's redemptive sacrifice. Others will scoff and claim that there is no sin, or even that there is no God. They manufacture excuse after excuse that, in ...[text shortened]... st accede and accept His offer of salvation, and this is not possible with an unrepentant heart.
    I agree, we must repent or turn away from bad. That is really accepting Jehovah's gift of life through His Son Christ Jesus
    (Acts 3:19, 20) “Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah himself 20 and he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus.
    (Acts 4:12) Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”
  6. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 04:31
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The soul is eternal.

The spirit or the soul or the living entity which ever you want to use / has never been born and shall never know death / becaus ...[text shortened]... until one glorious day he/she surrenders to the Lord and then returns back home BACK TO GODHEAD.
    according to the Bible the soul is not eternal or indestructable:
    (Ezekiel 18:4) Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die.
    This is true because Genesis 2:7 says "man came to BE a living soul". He did not come to have a living soul.
    So a soul is a person and we are all mortal.
  7. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 10:142 edits
    Dasa,
    You may be thinking about death as non-existence. Consider that death is different than non-existence.

A human body dies, but it still exists for a while. It seems that once a soul is paired with a human body and the connected human body is born into the world, the soul of that born person will "exist" forever. But that doesn't mean that the soul of the new born is "alive."

Think of eternal life as "existence plus" with the added blessing of a wonderful life experience also. However, think of death as what happened to the soul after it became a sinner. The soul of Adam existed but it had not died. After sinning, Adam's soul died.

King James Version
    ============
    Genesis 2: 7
    And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Ephesians 2: 1
    And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

I John 3: 14
    We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

I John 5: 11
    And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 10:20
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Prove we have souls, without citing the Vedas.
    Sonhouse,
    Where is there any information that we don't have souls. Has that possible thought ever been proven right? The bible speaks of a soul in Genesis of the bible.

Genesis 2: 7 (KJV)
    And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 10:54
    Originally posted by roigam
    (Acts 4:12) Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”
    The name of "Jesus" who according you is an angel and also a God. Not even the name of Jehovah saves. Interesting isn't it?
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 09:561 edit
    Roigam,
    All souls may be God's because He created them. However, according to the holy bible, Jesus said in John 8: 44:
    ------------------------------
    "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."
    ------------------------------

Therefore, a soul may be God's, but that doesn't mean it has eternal life, nor has God the Father as father.
  11. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 10:09
    Dasa,
    The King James Version of the Holy Bible tells in Hebrews 9: 27:

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"

Man is appointed to death only 1 time, and after that one time, there is a judgement.

Christ also told of the story of a rich man and Lazarus.

Luke 16: 19, 20, 22a
    There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

"And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom:"

Luke 16: 22b, 23-26
    "...the rich man also died, and was buried;"

And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Bible Verses shown from http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org
  12. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 08:33
    Sonhouse,
    Has anyone ever proved that we don't have souls? Where is history has that ever been proven? Do you want to take a chance that you don't have a soul that could be separated from God's love for eternity?

Even Adam was a made a living soul. Adam is our human father.

King James Version
    ============

And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 3: 20
    And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Romans 5: 12
    Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

I Corinthians 15: 21, 22
    For since by man [came] death, by man [came] also the resurrection of the dead.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 09:55
    Sonhouse,
    Has anyone ever proved that we don't have souls? Where is history has that ever been proven? Do you want to take a chance that you don't have a soul that could be separated from God's love for eternity?

King James Version
    ============

And the LORD Go ...[text shortened]... resurrection of the dead.

With extraordinary claims you need extraordinary evidence. You claim there are souls, where is your proof? It is to me just a racial wishful thinking affair.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 16:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    With extraordinary claims you need extraordinary evidence. You claim there are souls, where is your proof? It is to me just a racial wishful thinking affair.
    Maybe you don't have a soul. I have a soul and I don't need to prove it. 😏
  15. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 16:55
    Sonhouse,

King James Version
    ============

And the LORD Go ...[text shortened]... resurrection of the dead.

ok, I found your posts. I scaned them and I will read them better later. You have several interesting points that I would like to address.
    Just as a preliminary thought consider:
    (Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living know that they will die, but "the dead know nothing at all", nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.
    When we die, we know nothing at all, but there will be a resurrection of us in the future. John 5:28,29
    People who buy into the belief that the soul is anything more than our literal life are buying into:
    (Genesis 3:4) At this the serpent said to the woman: “You certainly will not die.
    They are buying into the lie that Satan told Eve!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree