1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 09:175 edits
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I've read this miserable thread twice, I can find no scriptural basis quoted here for that assertion, so in what part of the Bible does it say that Abraham lives in God's memory?
    As far as i am aware it does not use that exact wording, 'in gods memory', but that 'they are living to him', meaning of course that they will be resurrected at some point on the future. This is clear from the context where Christ is being questioned by the Sadducees on the matter of the resurrection, for which they did not profess a belief.

But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob ?' He is not the God of the dead but of the living.” - Matthew 22

For the person of discernment it becomes rather clear that such an inference can be derived directly from scripture, after all if God is to resurrect anyone then surely he must be first of all able to recall who they were in every single detail down to the last molecule, don't you think? Otherwise you will need to explain how God will in fact reconstruct (resurrect) anyone if he fails to remember them.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 09:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    As far as i am aware it does not use that exact wording, 'in gods memory', but that 'they are living to him', meaning of course that they will be resurrected at some point on the future.
    So why didn't you just admit that in the first place instead of trying to bullishly and dishonestly defend roigam's error by making out that "scriptural evidence has already been provided"?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 09:422 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So why didn't you just admit that in the first place instead of trying to bullishly and dishonestly defend roigam's error by making out that "scriptural evidence has already been provided"?
    uninterested in your petty disputes, uninterested in your dishonest and lying propaganda, infact you could say I am uninterested in almost anything you have to say. The scriptural references were there, that you infact failed to discern what they were is your affair, not mine. Perhaps if you knew your Bible better it would not be such a battle against ignorance.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 09:462 edits
    I've read this miserable thread twice, I can find no scriptural basis quoted here for that assertion, so in what part of the Bible does it say that Abraham lives in God's memory?
    There is a rather clear and unequivocal reference to the resurrection and being in Gods memory, so I am wrong that its merely inferred, it is in fact explicitly stated in scripture.

If only you would hide me in the grave
    and conceal me till your anger has passed!
    If only you would set me a time
    and then remember me! - Job 14

A clear and explicit reference to the resurrection where Job beseeches God to remember him and to resurrect him at some point (unspecified) in the future. Difficult to do if Job was not 'in Gods memory.'
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 11:411 edit
    Originally posted by OdBod
    I agree, and if it works for you fine. But I think the historical trend is in favor of probability when validating suppositions (it certainly is for me). This requires evidence, scientific data increases all the time, religious information does not.
    I do not dispute that science and religious faith are different; however, that
    said, when you buy into something you cannot prove, or make claims you
    have proven (in your mind)something based upon evidence, you are putting
    your faith into the data you have, and that those that have presented it
    have done it while giving you truthful and honest information. If they got
    anything wrong, if they look at the evidence and make claims that do not
    reflect reality, you have put your faith in something that is well wrong.
    That can happen while you are looking at "scientific data" the more it
    "increases" the greater the odds are that errors could be in places you fail
    to see. What you accept as true you do on faith in the scientific world you
    choose to believe in.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 11:57
    uninterested in your petty disputes, uninterested in your dishonest and lying propaganda, infact you could say I am uninterested in almost anything you have to say.
    I, on the other hand, take high interest in what you and the other members of your cult say. You would be wise to stop allowing your emotions to constantly cloud your judgement.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 11:59
    The scriptural references were there, that you infact failed to discern what they were is your affair, not mine. Perhaps if you knew your Bible better it would not be such a battle against ignorance.
    But you've already admitted that roigam's claim that Christians are "kept alive in Jehovah's memory" is not found in scripture; and yet you are repeatedly claiming that the scriptural evidences to support his claim are in this thread, when neither myself nor DeepThought have been able to find them.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 12:21
    did i mention that I was uninterested, yeah I think i did.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 16:441 edit
    did i mention that I was uninterested, yeah I think i did.
    But it is you who are making the claims robbie, simply saying that suddenly you are uninterested when someone challenges you is poor forum etiquette.
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 16:57
    There is a rather clear and unequivocal reference to the resurrection and being in Gods memory, so I am wrong that its merely inferred, it is in fact explicitly stated in scripture.

If only you would hide me in the grave
    and conceal me till your anger has passed!
    If only you would set me a time
    and then remember me! - Job 14

A clear and expl ...[text shortened]... him at some point (unspecified) in the future. Difficult to do if Job was not 'in Gods memory.'
    There are two possible meanings the word "remember" could have in that. One is in the sense you are reading it. Remember all details about an individual so as to be able to perfectly reconstruct them, which would be entailed by omniscience. The other possible meaning is remember in the sense of "include in the list of people to be resurrected", which wouldn't stop Job's soul from existing, it would just mean he'd continue to be disembodied. So I don't think you can automatically infer statements about the nature of souls from it.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 17:01
    But it is you who are making the claims robbie, simply saying that suddenly you are uninterested when someone challenges you is poor forum etiquette.
    I am still uninterested in your petty disputes, claims of dishonesty or anything else you have to say. Someone else might be interested in what you have to say, I'm not.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 17:04
    There are two possible meanings the word "remember" could have in that. One is in the sense you are reading it. Remember all details about an individual so as to be able to perfectly reconstruct them, which would be entailed by omniscience. The other possible meaning is remember in the sense of "include in the list of people to be resurrected", which ...[text shortened]... ied. So I don't think you can automatically infer statements about the nature of souls from it.
    there is no mention in the verse either of a soul. what is more what would be the point of resurrecting Job if he did not die, that some part of his being transcended death, it simply makes no logical sense.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 17:05
    I am still uninterested in your petty disputes, claims of dishonesty or anything else you have to say. Someone else might be interested in what you have to say, I'm not.
    Robbie this is a debating forum and I am trying to debate you by disagreeing with you. Pouting into the corner is no way to defend your position.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 17:07
    Robbie this is a debating forum and I am trying to debate you by disagreeing with you. Pouting into the corner is no way to defend your position.
    then debate with someone that is interested in what you have to say, that would not be me, I am not interested in anything you have to say. Sorry, maybe someone else is.
  15. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 17:09
    there is no mention in the verse either of a soul. what is more what would be the point of resurrecting Job if he did not die, that some part of his being transcended death, it simply makes no logical sense.
    He'd have a body.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree