Righteousness in Christ

Righteousness in Christ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Mar 15
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
then debate with someone that is interested in what you have to say, that would not be me, I am not interested in anything you have to say. Sorry, maybe someone else is.
Behaving like a child when challenged over your statements is not good forum etiquette. You have made a claim that there is scriptural evidence in this thread to support roigam's claim that Christians are kept alive in Jehovah's memory.

You and I both know roigam is off message and you can't defend him which is the real reason why you are behaving like this. It's quite amusing.

rc

Moves
15 Mar 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Behaving like a child when challenged over your statements is not good forum etiquette. You have made a claim that there is scriptural evidence in this thread to support roigam's claim that [b]Christians are kept alive in Jehovah's memory.

You and I both know roigam is off message and you can't defend him which is the real reason why you are behaving like this. It's quite amusing.[/b]
Engage with someone that's is interested in what you have to say. I do not believe your propaganda. Its tedious, empty pettiness at its most banal. Why can you not accept the fact that I find it boring I cannot say. You really have nothing of interest, seriously, please go away and pester someone else, someone that's interested in what you have to say. That is not me. This is the last time I will say it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Mar 15

Engage with someone that's is interested in what you have to say. I do not believe your propaganda. Its tedious, empty pettiness at its most banal. Why can you not accept the fact that I find it boring I cannot say. You really have nothing of interest, seriously, please go away and pester someone else, someone that's interested in what you have to say. That is not me. This is the last time I will say it.
Robbie, this is a debate forum and I'm challenging you and roigam on a claims you each have made in this thread. Doing this is not "propaganda". Of course if you are unable to engage and address my challenges you are free to duck out.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Mar 15

Bump for roigam.

Roigam can you support with scripture, your claim that Christians are kept alive in Jehovah's memory?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 15

Bump for roigam.

Roigam can you support with scripture, your claim that Christians are kept alive in Jehovah's memory?
I am thinking you should let this go.

I understand your desire to prove the JW dogma unjustified in scripture, but surely even you can see that this constant brow-beating by you for the last three pages, half of the thread, does not in any way promote the title of this thread.

They've already acknowledged they cannot justify their dogma, except perhaps through their own version of scripture specifically designed to support their already-existing man-made dogma. So maybe it's time to turn the other cheek?

I dunno, just a thought.

rc

Moves
16 Mar 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne

I understand your desire to prove the JW dogma unjustified in scripture, but surely even you can see that this constant brow-beating by you for the last three pages, half of the thread, does not in any way promote the title of this thread.

They've already acknowledged they cannot justify their dogma, except perhap ...[text shortened]... xisting man-made dogma. So maybe it's time to turn the other cheek?

I dunno, just a thought.
The solution is rather simple, he should engage someone that is interested in what he has to say.

You for your part have not demonstrated nor can you nor will you why the term 'in Gods memory' is as you have allegedly stated either dogmatic, man made or in anyway at odds with what is written in scripture as has been expounded here. You like to make these rather silly statements and think that they have some efficacy when in fact everyone knows they are nothing but empty propaganda and when called upon to explain why they are dogmatic, man made and at odds with what is written in scripture as has been expounded here you make the usual trite and emotional remarks. I cannot think of a single instance where you have had the honesty and decency to back your words up with actual facts, instead we are treated to your propaganda, as far removed from fact as you can possible get.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Mar 15

They've already acknowledged they cannot justify their dogma, except perhap ...[text shortened]... xisting man-made dogma. So maybe it's time to turn the other cheek?

I dunno, just a thought.
You offering unsolicited advice on forum behaviour is an interesting proposition; perhaps you are being humorous. Are you?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Mar 15

the solution is rather simple, he should engage someone that is interested in what he has to say.
I am interested in what you and roigam have to say. That you don't like me taking an interest in your claims is neither here nor there as this is a public debate forum and you and roigam are making public statements in it. All i'm doing is challenging you both - I'm sorry that you find this upsetting.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 15

The solution is rather simple, he should engage someone that is interested in what he has to say.

You for your part have not demonstrated nor can you nor will you why the term 'in Gods memory' is as you have allegedly stated either dogmatic, man made or in anyway at odds with what is written in scripture as has been expounded here. You like to ...[text shortened]... ts, instead we are treated to your propaganda, as far removed from fact as you can possible get.
I don't believe I was talking to you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 15
1 edit

You offering unsolicited advice on forum behaviour is an interesting proposition; perhaps you are being humorous. Are you?
I'm just saying that spending half of the thread in FMF-style brow-beating probably doesn't belong in a thread entitled "The Righteousness of Christ".

I think your point has been proved. He can't defend what was said. If he could, he would have by now.

The rest is just punitive.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Mar 15
1 edit

I'm just saying that spending half of the thread in FMF-style brow-beating probably doesn't belong in a thread entitled "The Righteousness of Christ".

I think your point has been proved. The rest is just punitive.
You are of course welcome to your opinions, but I am responding to comments made in this thread, I'm not "brow-beating" anyone.

Besides, robbie carrobie has chosen to duck out and I accept his right to do that, I'm waiting on roigam now.

r

Moves
16 Mar 15
1 edit

You are of course welcome to your opinions, but I am responding to comments made in this thread, I'm not "brow-beating" anyone.

Besides, robbie carrobie has chosen to duck out and I accept his right to do that, I'm waiting on roigam now.
I agree, Your constant taking issue with our beliefs is tiresome and you do not seem to be able to reason on Scripture. I can find at least 3 Scriptures that indicate Jehovah's remembering those who die. Why should I share them with you?
Additionally, I gave several Scriptures that show that the dead are dead and not alive somewhere else. Suss it out for yourself. The same goes for Suzianne.
If you ever truly want answers to a valid question, let me know.
P.S. don't bump me on this, I bruise easy.

rc

Moves
16 Mar 15

I don't believe I was talking to you.
As predicted and as expected, unable, unwilling and incapable of providing a single reason for your ludicrous assertions.

r

Moves
16 Mar 15
1 edit

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
Sonhouse,
Where is there any information that we don't have souls. Has that possible thought ever been proven right? The bible speaks of a soul in Genesis of the bible.

Genesis 2: 7 (KJV)
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
For KOP:
I would like to share another thought with you on the subject of the "soul".
I'm not clear on what your understanding is about the soul.
You cited:
(Genesis 2:7) And Jehovah God went on to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man "became" a living person. (soul in KJ)
It did not say he came to "have" a living soul.
Also, (Genesis 2:17) But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.” This says "die" not live on forever.
After Adam & Eve sinned God said: (Genesis 3:19) In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.”
Christ Jesus died to regain that potential everlasting life that Adam lost, but that obviously has not yet been applied to mankind as we all still die.
Does that help to make it clearer?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 15

Originally posted by roigam
I agree, Your constant taking issue with our beliefs is tiresome and you do not seem to be able to reason on Scripture. I can find at least 3 Scriptures that indicate Jehovah's remembering those who die. Why should I share them with you?
Additionally, I gave several Scriptures that show that the dead are dead and not alive somewhere else. Suss it out for yo ...[text shortened]... truly want answers to a valid question, let me know.
P.S. don't bump me on this, I bruise easy.
And there are other scriptures that say the dead are "asleep".

I'm sure divegeester could involve you in a discussion about souls.

And what about this?

"And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence." -- Luke 16:22-26, KJV

If the rich man were "dead", and not in a "soul-body"*, then how was he able to communicate with Abraham, who also was supposedly "dead", and how was he "tormented"?

* Or whatever terminology you prefer.