1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 18:36
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Go through the passages and for each one ask yourself who is to be "raised" and why.

Seek the underlying concepts and the overarching themes and ask yourself what's really being said there.

"He who has ears let him hear"
    The only “underlying concepts” I’m currently interested in is what you are hiding behind old chap.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 18:41
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You either believe that people will be raised from the dead or you don’t.
    Mark 4
    21And He was saying to them, “A lamp is not brought to be put under a basket, is it, or under a bed? Is it not brought to be put on the lampstand? 22“For nothing is hidden, except to be revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light. 23“If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.” 24And He was saying to them, “Take care what you listen to. By your standard of measure it will be measured to you; and more will be given you besides. 25“For whoever has, to him more shall be given; and whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him.”

Matthew 13
    10And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?” 11Jesus answered them, “To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted. 12“For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him. 13“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 18:44
    Mark 4
    21And He was saying to them, “A lamp is not brought to be put under a basket, is it, or under a bed? Is it not brought to be put on the lampstand? 22“For nothing is hidden, except to be revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light. 23“If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.” 24And He was saying to them, “Take care wha ...[text shortened]... ecause while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
    I already know what the scripture says ToO, I’m asking you what you believe, Jesus said people would be resurrected from the dead, he said he would be resurrected from the dead.

Do you believe him?
    Was he right?
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 18:46
    I already know what the scripture says ToO, I’m asking you what you believe, Jesus said people would be resurrected from the dead, he said he would be resurrected from the dead.

Do you believe him?
    Was he right?
    Matthew 25
    14“For it is just like a man about to go on a journey, who called his own slaves and entrusted his possessions to them. 15“To one he gave five talents, to another, two, and to another, one, each according to his own ability; and he went on his journey. 16“Immediately the one who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and gained five more talents. 17“In the same manner the one who had received the two talents gained two more. 18“But he who received the one talent went away, and dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money. 19“Now after a long time the master of those slaves came and settled accounts with them. 20“The one who had received the five talents came up and brought five more talents, saying, ‘Master, you entrusted five talents to me. See, I have gained five more talents.’ 21“His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.’ 22“Also the one who had received the two talents came up and said, ‘Master, you entrusted two talents to me. See, I have gained two more talents.’ 23“His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.’ 24“And the one also who had received the one talent came up and said, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow and gathering where you scattered no seed. 25‘And I was afraid, and went away and hid your talent in the ground. See, you have what is yours.’ 26“But his master answered and said to him, ‘You wicked, lazy slave, you knew that I reap where I did not sow and gather where I scattered no seed. 27‘Then you ought to have put my money in the bank, and on my arrival I would have received my money back with interest. 28‘Therefore take away the talent from him, and give it to the one who has the ten talents.’ 29“For to everyone who has, more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 30“Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 20:16
    All thanks to this forum; did you hear that Suzianne?
    To be clear I din't mean due to this forum. Apologies for any misunderstanding
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 20:18
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Next you'll be saying "Hear that Suzianne? He says there is no God except ourselves. I marvel at his truth."

Get a grip, man.
    There is always the Lord . "God" is a belief system
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 20:20
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    It's a forum on a chess website.

As I said, get a grip, man.
    It is what you make it, just like any other aspect of life
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 14:52
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    To be clear I din't mean due to this forum. Apologies for any misunderstanding
    FWIW, I didn't take it that way, but I can understand how someone like DG might.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 15:44
    Matthew 25
    14“For it is just like a man about to go on a journey, who called his own slaves and entrusted his possessions to them. 15“To one he gave five talents, to another, two, and to another, one, each according to his own ability; and he went on his journey. 16“Immediately the one who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and gai ...[text shortened]... thless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    Yes some words out of the bible.
    Would you like me to post some words out of the bible too?
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 16:26
    Yes some words out of the bible.
    Would you like me to post some words out of the bible too?
    Every passage that I've posted thus far has been pertinent to the discussion either at large or in regards to you.

Here's another one:
    Matthew 13
    . 13“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
    14“In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,
    ‘YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND;
    YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE;
    15FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL,
    WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,
    AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES,
    OTHERWISE THEY WOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES,
    HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
    AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,
    AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.’
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 16:28
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    There is always the Lord . "God" is a belief system
    God exists, regardless of whether anyone believes in Him or not. And God’s character is not determined by human beings.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 16:29
    Every passage that I've posted thus far has been pertinent to the discussion either at large or in regards to you.

Here's another one:
    Matthew 13
    . 13“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
    14“In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, wh ...[text shortened]... S,
    AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,
    AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.’
    I’m not interested in you posting more words out of the bible, I’m interested in why you refuse to answer bang on topic questions. Obviously you have something to hide; I’ve told you what I think that is, what I think about it and what I think about you as a consequence.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 17:17
    I’m not interested in you posting more words out of the bible, I’m interested in why you refuse to answer bang on topic questions. Obviously you have something to hide; I’ve told you what I think that is, what I think about it and what I think about you as a consequence.
    Paranoid much?

Your trolley car’s gone off the rails, amigo. 🙄

Time for you to take an express train to Sleepytown.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 17:19
    <<Obviously you have something to hide; I’ve told you what I think that is, what I think about it and what I think about you as a consequence.>>

This sounds like the ranting of a sleep-deprived lunatic, amigo.

Please, get some sleep. If not for you, then for the rest of us.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 17:271 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    God exists, regardless of whether anyone believes in Him or not. And God’s character is not determined by human beings.
    God 'doesn't' exist, regardless of whether anyone believes in Him or not.

(Don't bother responding if you're only looking to troll. - The above statement is a valid demonstration of an equally viable reality).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree