1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 17:33
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    God 'doesn't' exist, regardless of whether anyone believes in Him or not.

(Don't bother responding if you're only looking to troll. - The above statement is a valid demonstration of an equally viable reality).
    Not so when you consider all the evidence for Jesus Christ’s Resurrection.

Your statement comes with no evidence. Mine comes with quite a lot of evidence. The two statements are not the same, amigo
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 17:42
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Not so when you consider all the evidence for Jesus Christ’s Resurrection.

Your statement comes with no evidence. Mine comes with quite a lot of evidence. The two statements are not the same, amigo
    Heads up. I will not be responding to any more of your posts that are mindless trolling, irrational, repetitious, or that include the words amigo, whizzing or toolbox. (Or that contain your newly adopted emoticon). Just so we're clear on that.

Our statements are equally valid and I do not accept your evidence. If I am right and you are wrong, and God is indeed a fabrication of the human mind, then it clearly makes no difference whether you believe in God or not as this will have no effect on his non-existence. I happily concede this goes both ways. It's irrational or disingenuous of you not to admit the same.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 17:52
    Heads up. I will not be responding to any more of your posts that are mindless trolling, irrational, repetitious, or that include the words amigo, whizzing or toolbox. (Or that contain your newly adopted emoticon). Just so we're clear on that.

Our statements are equally valid and I do not accept your evidence. If I am right and you are wrong, an ...[text shortened]... ppily concede this goes both ways. It's irrational or disingenuous of you not to admit the same.
    Can I say “compadre” instead of “amigo?”

How about my “Trumpisms” of “Sad!” “Get Smart!” and “Bad (or sick) guy!” Are they Ok with you?

This quoted post from you neglects the importance of evidence in what you claim are equally valid statements.

If a meteorologist says it’s going to snow and presents evidence for why he says that and a non-meteorologist said it won’t snow and fails to rebut any of the evidence presented by the meteorologist, are you saying their two statements are valid?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 17:561 edit
    Can I say “compadre” instead of “amigo?”

How about my “Trumpisms” of “Sad!” “Get Smart!” and “Bad (or sick) guy!” Are they Ok with you?

This quoted post from you neglects the importance of evidence in what you claim are equally valid statements.

If a meteorologist says it’s going to snow and presents evidence for why he says that and a non-meteo ...[text shortened]... y of the evidence presented by the meteorologist, are you saying their two statements are valid?
    No.

If Gods existence was proven, I wouldn't be an atheist.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 18:10
    No.

God’s existence has not been proven and I never said it has. I have said enough evidence exists for Jesus Christ’s Resurrection for one to conclude He was God, beyond a reasonable doubt. But people have to be willing to examine the evidence with an open mind and receptive heart.

God never intended for His existence to be “proven.”

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.“

(Hebrews 11:6)

BTW, I posted earlier about why I think faith is important to God and why He never intended for His existence to be proven or provable.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 18:17
    God’s existence has not been proven and I never said it has. I have said enough evidence exists for Jesus Christ’s Resurrection for one to conclude He was God, beyond a reasonable doubt. But people have to be willing to examine the evidence with an open mind and receptive heart.

God never intended for His existence to be “proven.”

“But without fait ...[text shortened]... faith is important to God and why He never intended for His existence to be proven or provable.
    If God's existence is not proven then it is entirely possible He doesn't exist. (You even concede yourself that any evidence doesn't prove He exists).

As His existence is unproven (and any evidence you have doesn't change this) on what basis do you reject the entirely possible hypothesis that God doesn't exist, and therefore His non-existence is unaffected by whether anyone believes in Him or not?
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 18:24
    No.

God's existence doesn't need proving anymore than you need proof that you exist.

You just think you're an atheist. There's no such thing.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 18:40
    Originally posted by @secondson
    God's existence doesn't need proving anymore than you need proof that you exist.

Again, this is heavily biased thinking. If I can take a step back and objectively imagine the possibility that God does exist, why can't you do the same for His non-existence? (Seeing as He is unproven).

Equally, I could say, 'you just think you're a theist. There is no such thing as God'. - Bottom line, things don't automatically exist because you personally believe them. You're like a stubborn child saying Santa's existence doesn't need proving, just because you have convinced yourself he does. (But that doesn't make Santa real).
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 19:37
    Originally posted by @secondson

By saying 'atheists don't exist' you are actually saying 'it's impossible for anyone to disagree' with your belief in God. That probably makes you the most arrogant and insecure poster in this forum (not even able to handle the idea of someone genuinely not believing in the God you have convinced yourself exists).

How is that any different from a Hindu saying 'Gods' (plural) exist whether or not you believe in them and that 'theists' (singular) don't exist? Would you be cool with that?
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 19:53
    <<Obviously you have something to hide; I’ve told you what I think that is, what I think about it and what I think about you as a consequence.>>

This sounds like the ranting of a sleep-deprived lunatic, amigo.

Please, get some sleep. If not for you, then for the rest of us.
    Apparently he never sleeps.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 20:04
    Again, this is heavily biased thinking. If I can take a step back and objectively imagine the possibility that God does exist, why can't you do the same for His non-existence? (Seeing as He is unproven).

Equally, I could say, 'you just think you're a theist. There is no such thing as God'. - Bottom line, things don't automatically exist because y ...[text shortened]... d proving, just because you have convinced yourself he does. (But that doesn't make Santa real).
    <<Again, this is heavily biased thinking. If I can take a step back and objectively imagine the possibility that God does exist, why can't you do the same for His non-existence? (Seeing as He is unproven).>>

Because of the evidence, tiger. Why do you continue to ignore that part of the equation?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 20:07

Equally, I could say, 'you just think you're a theist. There is no such thing as God'. - Bottom line, things don't automatically exist because y ...[text shortened]... d proving, just because you have convinced yourself he does. (But that doesn't make Santa real).
    <<Bottom line, things don't automatically exist because you personally believe them. You're like a stubborn child saying Santa's existence doesn't need proving, just because you have convinced yourself he does. (But that doesn't make Santa real).>>

Is there evidence that Santa exists?

If your neighbor told you he bought a new sewing machine, would you not believe him until you saw the sewing machine with your own eyes? Even if he showed you a receipt for the sewing machine and the box it came in?
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 20:10
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    For any truly interested person I believe there is enough power in this forum to help them rise on their own .

My life has changed dramatically and has been witnessed by my family and friends . My son looks at me with awe and admiration now not distrust. He is also coming-out of his shell and taking control of his life.
    Thank you
    Do tell.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 20:18
    God exists, regardless of whether anyone believes in Him or not. And God’s character is not determined by human beings.
    And you know this how?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 20:19
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Do tell.

<<For any truly interested person I believe there is enough power in this forum to help them rise on their own .>>

I wish this were true for everyone. Dive’s become so addicted to trolling he’s losing his marbles. He’s like those kids who stay up for 48 hours playing video games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree