1. S. Korea
    Moves
    07 Oct '20 23:52
    @kevcvs57 said
    A woman’s right to choose is a precious civil liberty to some of us wether you like it or not.
    No one is telling you to get an abortion or how to manage your fertility. You seem to think that forcing a woman to take a foetus to term is actually possible, it’s not, the pagans had ways of terminating a foetus and you don’t need a big clinic to do it in, it’s just safer for the woman.
    A child's right to life is not a civil liberty, but a human right that transcends whether or not you and your woke wamen friends declare it a right because it'd be such a bummer if you had to confess to daddy that ya got preggerz after a one-night stand off Tindr.
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    07 Oct '20 23:52
    @vivify said
    You're referring to polyamory, which is different from polygamy.
    No, I am referring to actual polygamy.

There are even families who live in open polygamy on national television shows -- see Sister Wives.
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    07 Oct '20 23:53
    @kevcvs57 said
    “ I am aware that there are people who call themselves Satanists that are atheistic Satanists, but I was not sure if this group is made up exclusively of atheistic Satanists, and thus is solely existent for pushing for secularism of this stripe, or if it is a mix of all of these. ”
    I’m sure there are theists who worship Satan the Fallen Angel but the members of The ‘Temple ...[text shortened]... they would demand the right to erect a statue of Satan or one of his many manifestations next to it.
    Source on the Temple being exclusively non-theistic Satanists?
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    07 Oct '20 23:55
    @kevcvs57 said
    And again if your alluding to religious specific laws such as sharia then obviously the society in question would have to be overwhelmingly of that religion.
    Iran, Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Egypt, etc., have all had sizable Christian minorities.

It's totally fine if they choose to practice Shariah to some degree or another, as far as I am concerned. It's their country, anyway, and the opinions of us debauched Westerners is completely irrelevant even if we want to shake our limp wrists in rage.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 01:30
    @philokalia said
    No, I am referring to actual polygamy.

There are even families who live in open polygamy on national television shows -- see Sister Wives.
    Only one of his marriages are legal. The rest are "spiritual" marriages.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 02:34
    @vivify said
    Only one of his marriages are legal. The rest are "spiritual" marriages.
    How does that prove your point that this is polyamory?
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 08:151 edit
    @philokalia said
    A child's right to life is not a civil liberty, but a human right that transcends whether or not you and your woke wamen friends declare it a right because it'd be such a bummer if you had to confess to daddy that ya got preggerz after a one-night stand off Tindr.
    You say child I say foetus. No one is disputing a child’s right to life. A woman’s right to not carry a foetus to term is definitely a question of her liberty, civil or otherwise.
    Your innate misogyny is once again noted.
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 08:243 edits
    @philokalia said
    Iran, Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Egypt, etc., have all had sizable Christian minorities.

It's totally fine if they choose to practice Shariah to some degree or another, as far as I am concerned. It's their country, anyway, and the opinions of us debauched Westerners is completely irrelevant even if we want to shake our limp wrists in rage.
    You really are a pathetic debater. You have not actually contradicted my point but managed to shoehorn in a tirade against civilised society and a strange nod toward a homophobic stereotype.
    You and people like you are thankfully a political minority in my society but if you want to roll around in your own medieval faeces in your dystopian society then feel free.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 09:51
    @kevcvs57 said
    You really are a pathetic debater. You have not actually contradicted my point but managed to shoehorn in a tirade against civilised society and a strange nod toward a homophobic stereotype.
    You and people like you are thankfully a political minority in my society but if you want to roll around in your own medieval faeces in your dystopian society then feel free.
    Careful Kev, he’s had posts removed, at least one poster banned for a week and I’ve been sent a warning note from a mod ... for using words like homophobic, faeces, pathetic, racist, etc against philokalia. He gets quite upset.
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 14:34
    @divegeester said
    Careful Kev, he’s had posts removed, at least one poster banned for a week and I’ve been sent a warning note from a mod ... for using words like homophobic, faeces, pathetic, racist, etc against philokalia. He gets quite upset.
    Oh faeces I’ve ticked all them boxes 😱
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 17:52
    @philokalia said
    How does that prove your point that this is polyamory?
    That's not the point I was making; I was addressing your first reply to me, about polygamy not being prosecuted as a crime. If that Sister Wives guy tried to legally get married while still having a legal spouse, he would've been charged with a crime.

But maybe that's splitting hairs. The Sister Wives are married in every other way, even if it's not legal. A quick Google search showed some states could still seek legal action against them even though there's only one official marriage between them.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 Oct '20 00:05
    @philokalia said
    How did I miss this gem?
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    09 Oct '20 01:24
    @vivify said
    That's not the point I was making; I was addressing your first reply to me, about polygamy not being prosecuted as a crime. If that Sister Wives guy tried to legally get married while still having a legal spouse, he would've been charged with a crime.

But maybe that's splitting hairs. The Sister Wives are married in every other way, even if it's not legal. A quick Googl ...[text shortened]... ld still seek legal action against them even though there's only one official marriage between them.
    I am glad you have come around a bit to my position.

In Utah, they are flaunting the laws against polygamy, and it cannot be conceived of as polyamory, IMO, because they are literally just doing a traditional, old practice in Mormonism of marrying multiple wives, and there is obviously no circumstance in which those women are allowed to take on lovers on the side, as if they are in some modern, hippy polyamorous relationship.

Some of them continue to do this in several states.

So, in a sense, it really isn't illegal in spirit, but only illegal to be done bureaucratically.
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    09 Oct '20 01:25
    @divegeester said
    The rules of these forums are not a mistake. They were implemented because people want the forums to be alive and to not be a total waste of time by being just flame wars.

I am grateful for the mods enforcing civility.

You are just complaining about not being able to be rude and underhanded.
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    09 Oct '20 16:52
    @philokalia said
    Source on the Temple being exclusively non-theistic Satanists?
    What you mean set up an interview room for you to interrogate every member?
    Source to the contrary?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree