1. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Oct '20 23:36
    @kevcvs57 said
    You say child I say foetus. No one is disputing a child’s right to life. A woman’s right to not carry a foetus to term is definitely a question of her liberty, civil or otherwise.
    Your innate misogyny is once again noted.
    You correctly noted that I believe an unborn baby is a child.

And then a sentence later you accuse me of misogyny -- as if I am Pro-life because I specifically want to curtail women's "liberty."

This is harassment if you continue misrepresenting my view as misogynistic when nothing I have said has ever indicated that my motive is to take away the "rights" of women. I am fighting to protect unborn girls.
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Oct '20 23:37
    @kevcvs57 said
    What you mean set up an interview room for you to interrogate every member?
    Source to the contrary?
    Oh no, I just asked for a source.

It's fine. We don't have to discuss this -- it is probably better to not discuss things if you do not care to provide sources or evidence for any of your claims.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 Oct '20 02:14
    @philokalia said

And then a sentence later you accuse me of misogyny -- as if I am Pro-life because I specifically want to curtail women's "liberty."

This is harassment if you continue misrepresenting my view as misogynistic when nothing I have said has ever indicated that my motive is to take away the "rights" of women. I am fighting to protect unborn girls.
    Is it also harrassment if, after gettin' her preggerz offa Tindr, she comes at you fo' child support, even tho you say you ain't her baby-daddy? 🤣🤣🤣
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Oct '20 05:01
    @secondson said
    "Religious dogma"?

Like maybe life is sacred and should be protected from conception to the end of life?

God forbid we should have our "sensibilities" assaulted with such an archaic notion.

Let's protect our civil rights and kill babies to prove we can do as we will without restraint.
    You eat dead life every day.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    12 Oct '20 06:33
    @athousandyoung said
    You eat dead life every day.
    This actually is not true.

I do not eat meat every day.

Unless, of course, you believe vegetables are life. Which is, in its own way, acceptable.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 Oct '20 07:55
    @philokalia said

So you don’t agree with forcing a woman to take a foetus to term then?
    You need to work on your communication skills because you certainly give that impression.
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Oct '20 07:59
    @kevcvs57 said
    So you don’t agree with forcing a woman to take a foetus to term then?
    You need to work on your communication skills because you certainly give that impression.
    I believe in preventing women from murdering the life in their wombs, yes.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '20 08:30
    @philokalia said
    You said in another thread that slavery was sometimes acceptable even in God’s eyes because he saw it as what you termed a “concession” to mankind.

Do you not find it in yourself to exercise the same concession to women.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Oct '20 09:09
    @philokalia said
    So you demand the right to control the wombs and lives of women but deny the accusation of misogyny?
    You accuse women who have terminated a pregnancy of murder but deny the accusation of misogyny?
    So in what circumstances would you concede a woman’s right to choose?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Oct '20 09:431 edit
    @philokalia said
    While the bible is silent on the issue of abortion, one can use their common sense and arrive at a reasonable conclusion on the issue. Paul had said that not everything he says he got it from God, but are in fact his own conclusions. Nothing is stopping the Christian from doing the same.

A woman that is raped should be allowed to abort the unborn child if she do desires. A woman whose life is at risk, the same. Abortion is not a decision to be take lightly and abortions which are done simply because of fornication or adultery or just a mistake, should not be allowed. In the case of rape the bible recommends that the rapist is executed, so it cannot be a sin to also kill the unborn child, as his offspring cannot continue to live in the woman.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 Oct '20 20:26
    @philokalia said
    This actually is not true.

I do not eat meat every day.

Unless, of course, you believe vegetables are life. Which is, in its own way, acceptable.
    Vegetables are life.
  12. S. Korea
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 06:34
    @rajk999 said
    While the bible is silent on the issue of abortion, one can use their common sense and arrive at a reasonable conclusion on the issue. Paul had said that not everything he says he got it from God, but are in fact his own conclusions. Nothing is stopping the Christian from doing the same.

A woman that is raped should be allowed to abort the unborn child if she do desires. A ...[text shortened]... annot be a sin to also kill the unborn child, as his offspring cannot continue to live in the woman.
    We've come to the conclusion that God knew us and formed us in the womb based on Biblical passages, and our Saints warned us of abortion:

“[I]n truth, all men know that they who are under the power of this disease [the sin of covetousness] are wearied even of their father’s old age [wishing him to die so they can inherit]; and that which is sweet, and universally desirable, the having of children, they esteem grievous and unwelcome. Many at least with this view have even paid money to be childless, and have mutilated nature, not only killing the newborn, but even acting to prevent their beginning to live”

(Homilies on Matthew 28:5 [A.D. 391]). – John Chrysostom
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 06:37
    @kevcvs57 said
    So you demand the right to control the wombs and lives of women but deny the accusation of misogyny?
    You accuse women who have terminated a pregnancy of murder but deny the accusation of misogyny?
    So in what circumstances would you concede a woman’s right to choose?
    People with fundamentally different metaphysics on these things will never see eye to eye.

Why remove them from their context, and forcefully reassert them in yours as a bigot..?

You are an atheist, right? If you do not believe in any truth beyond the material, why would you bother calling people who do not agree with you on these things misogynists and the likes to begin with?
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 09:22
    @philokalia said
    People with fundamentally different metaphysics on these things will never see eye to eye.

Why remove them from their context, and forcefully reassert them in yours as a bigot..?

You are an atheist, right? If you do not believe in any truth beyond the material, why would you bother calling people who do not agree with you on these things misogynists and the likes to begin with?
    No I’m an agnostic.
    I don’t think i called you a bigot in relation to this topic but the reason I think anti choice is misogynistic is the idea that something as autonomous to a woman as childbirth should be deemed open to interference by a third party. That’s not to say that I’m pro abortion, I sincerely hope that no woman has to endure that particular procedure, but on that basis I have to assume that if she elects to it’s for very good reasons that need not be agreed upon by you or I.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree