Romans 1

Romans 1

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
11 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by checkbaiter
No, obey God and do what is right.
What you call "obey God and do what is right" is the product of what you pick and choose from the Bible.

E

Moves
11 Jul 17

Originally posted by divegeester
I guess you must be perfect then, right?
Perfect, no.

Agree with God on what is sin, yes.

I have never lived a life in rebellion to God. I could have embraced it, but I rejected it.

Do I still sin from time to time? Sure, but I do not continue in it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jul 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
What you call "obey God and do what is right" is the product of what you pick and choose from the Bible.
Sure I do, when I grow up I want to follow your model...🙄

T

Moves
11 Jul 17

Sure I do, when I grow up I want to follow your model...🙄
The Bible is what it is. The Bible is widely open to interpretation and contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions.

Though most refuse to admit it, they pick and choose the verses and passages that support their beliefs and dismiss those that don't and often do so in a most disingenuous manner.

What's even more disturbing is that those who claim that it is to be taken literally, nonetheless pick and choose which parts they do and don't take literally, pick and choose passages to ignore and/or alter, impress their own preconceived biases and beliefs onto their "literal" interpretation, etc.

Furthermore, they somehow delude themselves to believe that because they take it "literally", they KNOW the word of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jul 17
4 edits

The Bible is what it is. The Bible is widely open to interpretation and contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions.

Could you please show us the passages which are inconsistent with, in discrepancy with, and contradict that -

1.) Jesus the Son of God, died and rose on the third day.
2.) That Jesus ascended to the right hand of God in heaven.
3.) That Jesus is the living Lord today. I mean today
4.) That Christ will physically return to this earth one day.
5.) That the Spirit of Christ can enter into believers in Christ today.

Where are the "inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions" which teach the exact opposite of these central tenets of the Christian faith ?

T

Moves
11 Jul 17
2 edits

Originally posted by sonship

Could you please show us the passages which are inconsistent with, in discrepancy with, and contradict that -

2.) That Jesus ascended to ...[text shortened]... ctions" which teach the [b] exact opposite
of these central tenets of the Christian faith ?[/b]
The following contradict or at least fly in the face of the core beliefs of many Christians however they may arrive at them:
1 John 3
4Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him. 7Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

Ezekiel 18
21“But if a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, that person will surely live; they will not die. 22None of the offenses they have committed will be remembered against them. Because of the righteous things they have done, they will live. 23Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign Lord. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?
24“But if a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked person does, will they live? None of the righteous things that person has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness they are guilty of and because of the sins they have committed, they will die.
25“Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Hear, you Israelites: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust? 26If a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin, they will die for it; because of the sin they have committed they will die. 27But if a wicked person turns away from the wickedness they have committed and does what is just and right, they will save their life. 28Because they consider all the offenses they have committed and turn away from them, that person will surely live; they will not die. 29Yet the Israelites say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Are my ways unjust, people of Israel? Is it not your ways that are unjust?
30“Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? 32For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!

John 8
"34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
" 31 ...If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
"36So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. "
" 35The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
51Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jul 17
3 edits

The following contradict or at least fly in the face of the core beliefs of many Christians however they may arrive at them:
1 John 3
4Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who contin ...[text shortened]... er.
51Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”
Which one of these passages teaches the opposite of these proclamations?

5.) That the Spirit of Christ can enter into believers in Christ today.

First John 3 ?
John 8 ?
Ezekiel 18 ?

T

Moves
11 Jul 17
2 edits

Originally posted by sonship
Which one of these passages teaches the opposite of these proclamations?

5.) That the Spirit of Christ can ...[text shortened]... evers in Christ today.

[b]First John 3
?
John 8 ?
Ezekiel 18 ?[/b]
The introduction to those passages was as follows:
"The following contradict or at least fly in the face of the core beliefs of many Christians however they may arrive at them: "

Many of your beliefs are inconsistent with the gospel according to Jesus. To the purpose for which Jesus was anointed.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jul 17

Though most refuse to admit it, they pick and choose the verses and passages that support their beliefs and dismiss those that don't and often do so in a most disingenuous manner.

What's even more disturbing i ...[text shortened]... w delude themselves to believe that because they take it "literally", they KNOW the word of God.
You show me a contradiction and I'll show you your poor understanding.
If it were full of contradictions then yes, anyone can pick and choose but it is not.

T

Moves
11 Jul 17

If it were full of contradictions then yes, anyone can pick and choose but it is not.
Like I said:
"Though most refuse to admit it, they pick and choose the verses and passages that support their beliefs and dismiss those that don't and often do so in a most disingenuous manner."

We've been through enough passages for you to have made it clear just how disingenuous you are.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jul 17

Like I said:
"Though most refuse to admit it, they pick and choose the verses and passages that support their beliefs and dismiss those that don't and often do so in a most disingenuous manner."

We've been through enough passages for you to have made it clear just how disingenuous you are.
I don't care about the core beliefs of Christians, I want to know where the bible contradicts itself.

T

Moves
12 Jul 17

I don't care about the core beliefs of Christians, I want to know where the bible contradicts itself.
I was talking about you. Reread my previous post.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jul 17

I was talking about you. Reread my previous post.
I don't care who you were talking about, you said the bible is full of contradictions.

T

Moves
12 Jul 17

I don't care who you were talking about, you said the bible is full of contradictions.
Okay, I'll lay it out for you as simply as I can.

You posted the following:

I posted the following in response:
Like I said:

Understand now?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jul 17

Okay, I'll lay it out for you as simply as I can.

You posted the following:

I posted the following in response:
Like I said:
"Though most refuse to admit it, they pi ...[text shortened]... assages for you to have made it clear just how disingenuous you are.

Understand now?
No I don't.... Here is what you said....

The Bible is widely open to interpretation and contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions.

Read your own words. Now, show me a contradiction.