1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 00:37
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    No I don't.... Here is what you said....

[b]The Bible is widely open to interpretation and contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions.

Read your own words. Now, show me a contradiction.[/b]
    More's the pity.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 00:43
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    More's the pity.
    Indeed.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 00:46
    Indeed.
    He isn't one to wish to explain what he means means nor to be questioned.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 00:571 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    He isn't one to wish to explain what he means means nor to be questioned.
    Says the guy who refuses to plainly state what he has to say.

As such, there doesn't seem to be much point in answering the questions of such a person.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 01:01
    Says the guy who refuses to plainly state what he has to say.

As such, there doesn't seem to be much point in answering the questions of such a person.
    I can't help it if you do not believe me when I give an honest answer.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 01:06
    I can't help it if you do not believe me when I give an honest answer.
    What are you talking about? I kept telling you that if you had something to say, then plainly state it. You refused and last I checked, you still hadn't stated it.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 04:42
    No, obey God and do what is right.
    Does that include voting republican or are American Christians who vote Democrat still "obeying god and doing what is right" in your opinion?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 04:44
    Perfect, no.

Agree with God on what is sin, yes.

I have never lived a life in rebellion to God. I could have embraced it, but I rejected it.

Do I still sin from time to time? Sure, but I do not continue in it.
    Wow you are certainly a high powered Christian.

So you are not overweight and never get angry?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 05:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Wow you are certainly a high powered Christian.

So you are not overweight and never get angry?
    Being over weight is a ticket to hell?

Getting angry is a ticket to hell?

You are Satan's child trying to tell people that they must be perfect to enter heaven.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 05:142 edits
    Being over weight is a ticket to hell?

Getting angry is a ticket to hell?

You are Satan's child trying to tell people that they must be perfect to enter heaven.
    Look up gluttony and especially anger in your well-thumbed bible righteous boy.

PS I have been called a prodgeny of Satan in this forum by aggressive religionists because I disagree with them, for years. You should investigate what god thinks of people who do that to other people, especially other Christians.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 10:18
    Originally posted by sonship
    I agree. Without revelation from the Spirit of God upon our conscience, we're in the dark.
    And that regardless of philosophy of life or politics.
    1 Corinthians 2:13
    And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit,
    interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

I think we spend to much time figuring out how much better we are than the next guy,
    if we are worried about Republicans, Democrats, conservative, liberal, or progressive,
    and not worried about Christ, where are our eyes? Certainly not on the Lord, but ourselves
    and with that we are dividing God's church by doing it.

ESV 1 Corinthians 1: 10-13 I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus
    Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be
    united in the same mind and the same judgment. For it has been reported to me by
    Chloe's people that there is quarreling among you, my brothers. What I mean is that each
    one of you says, “I follow Paul,” or “I follow Apollos,” or “I follow Cephas,” or “I follow
    Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name
    of Paul?

I think when we reveal our divided hearts we show where are affections are, and it is not
    on the Lord. When we proclaim our allegiances’ to anyone or thing outside of the Lord we
    reveal our hearts are not wholly where they need to be. I thought it odd early on when I
    read this that even in Paul's rebuke of the Corinthians he even included Christ until I
    came here. Since there are a few that treat their walk with Christ as an exclusive
    experience reserved only to them, since they are doing it right.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 10:535 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    1 Corinthians 2:13
    And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit,
    interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

I think we spend to much time figuring out how much better we are than the next guy,
    if we are worried about Republicans, Democrats, conservative, liberal, or progressive,
    and not worried about ...[text shortened]... lk with Christ as an exclusive
    experience reserved only to them, since they are doing it right.
    Its a good word you wrote. I have not graduated fully from these pitfalls especially when it comes to reacting to our personal domestic philosophies which we were brought up on before we were Christians. National philosophy and colloquial survival skills, including politics are all things the old man is very proud of and depends upon.

But we need to hold fast the One in Whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and understanding - Christ. And in the locality, such as Corinth, stand upon the fact that Christ is not divided.

Paul's first task there was to deal with divisions in Corinth. For the brothers and sisters were "shooting themselves in the foot." The divisions weakened everyone because Christ is not divided. It is very self defeating because the blended Body of Christ is the realm in which victory is best secured.

Some said they were "of Christ" as you say. "Of Christ" or "of Paul" or "of Cephas" is I think a preferable translation for me than the paraphrase "follow Christ" or "follow Paul".

Paul did say to be imitators of him, BUT as he was an imitator of the Lord Jesus.
    In other words, as long as so-and-so is a follower or imitator of Christ we may follow them. This, i think, is a little different from saying "I am OF Luther" or "I am OF Calvin".

" Be imitators of me, as I also am of Christ." (1 Cor. 11:1)

"I exhort you therefore, Become imitators of me." (1 Cor. 4:4)

This exhortation, i think is not a call to be disciples OF the apostle. But it is an exhortation that AS they follow and imitate Christ, so also please follow their example.

Anyway some in Corinth said that they were "of Christ" but were so in an exclusive way. It subtlety may have escaped us but it did not escape the Lord's servant.

Here are some relevant passages in the Recovery Version translation:

"For it has been made clear to me concerning you, my brothers, by those of the household of Chloe, that there are strifes among you.

Now I mean this, that each of you says, I am of Paul, and I of Apollos, and I of Cephas, and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized into the name of Paul?" (1 Cor. 1:11-13)

" For you are still fleshy. For if there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly and do you not walk according to the manner of man?

For when someone says, I am of Paul, and another, I of Apollos, are you not men of flesh?" (1 Cor. 2:3,4)
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 12:08
    Originally posted by sonship
    Its a good word you wrote. I have not graduated fully from these pitfalls especially when it comes to reacting to our personal domestic philosophies which we were brought up on before we were Christians. National philosophy and colloquial survival skills, including politics are all things the old man is very proud of and depends upon.

But we need to hold ...[text shortened]... Paul, and another, I of Apollos, are you not men of flesh?" (1 Cor. 2:3,4)
    [/quote][/b]
    Typo: Chapter 3 not 2.

" For you are still fleshy. For if there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly and do you not walk according to the manner of man?

For when someone says, I am of Paul, and another, I of Apollos, are you not men of flesh?" (1 Cor. 3:3,4)
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 15:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Look up gluttony and especially anger in your well-thumbed bible righteous boy.

PS I have been called a prodgeny of Satan in this forum by aggressive religionists because I disagree with them, for years. You should investigate what god thinks of people who do that to other people, especially other Christians.
    Gluttony equals fat? Ones lack of exercise, hormonal issues and metabolism has nothing to do with fat?

Your humanistic / government indoctrination is clouding your ever dimming point of view.

Your belief that since everyone sins at some point nothing is actually sinful is of Satan.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 18:041 edit
    What are you talking about? I kept telling you that if you had something to say, then plainly state it. You refused and last I checked, you still hadn't stated it.

You hardly apply this attitude to yourself.
    Watch!

Could you plainly explain how many verses in John chapter one are authentic teaching of Jesus and how many are wrapped around mythology added latter ?

That's only 51 verses to deal with.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree