1. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 08:21
    Regardless of whether royaltystatement's views are right or wrong, isn't the most noticeable feature of his posts that they positively drip with egotism?

royaltystatement proudly parades his almighty and vengeful God before RHPers with all the self-deluding assurance of a narcissistic, child who declares importantly to his playmates that his toys are much better than theirs.

It strikes me that this is one psychological reason why people may cleave rigidly to fundamentalist worldviews: it permits them the satisfaction of regarding themselves as superior to others.

Such a worldview also conveniently enables them to conceal their egocentricity from themselves. It permits them, on the one hand, to declare overtly that they are nothing and God is everything, and on the other, to simmer covertly in the smug certainty of their own righteousness. It is the ultimate means of basking in reflected glory.

Using BIG LETTERS to lecture us poor lost souls? God's right hand man providing us with lexical illumination?

Perhaps we could hear your message better if who you are didn't speak so loud.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 09:00
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Regardless of whether royaltystatement's views are right or wrong, isn't the most noticeable feature of his posts that they positively drip with egotism?

royaltystatement proudly parades his almighty and vengeful God before RHPers with all the self-deluding assurance of a narcissistic, child who declares importantly to his playmates that his toys are ...[text shortened]... umination?

Have you considered that maybe Fred Phelps took you up on your invitation to come to the site?
  3. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 09:24
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Have you considered that maybe Fred Phelps took you up on your invitation to come to the site?
    Alas, I think it's just a garden-variety fundie, not the de luxe model.
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 09:47
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Nah, Fred would have mouthed off about fags by now.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 10:17
    If religion did not provide to its adherents some percieved benefit to themselves, do you think that they would loose faith? Is faith for most people actualy a choice (and therefore a form of self deception).
    How does this fit in with an apparent message of selflessness in many religions?

A very common statement I hear is equivalent to the following: "I like the idea of such and such and therefore I will believe it. I dont like the idea of such and such and therefore I will choose not to believe it."
    For example if the Bible said that the devil was destined to win, would Christianity have less followers?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 12:29

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 12:59

royaltystatement proudly parades his almighty and vengeful God before RHPers with all the self-deluding assurance of a narcissistic, child who declares importantly to his playmates that his toys are ...[text shortened]... umination?

This type of venom is typical of a new convert to Christian Fundemental priciples, that has experienced recent or longterm trauma. It is out of his acute pain that he lashes out at any one whom he percieves as a disbeliever.

Now what ever has happend to this person in the past. It has conflicted with his instinctual need to be protected by powerful others. I would suggest that he may have become complicit with the misdirection of others. Therefore, he cannot reveal the true nature of the apparent crimes he commited againts God or his continued sin nature.

He has opted to live in denial through omittion of the facts of his life and the need for his own forgivness and reconciliation. A common approach to pain and denial is to attack from a vantage point like this forum. Largely becuase someone knows the length and breadth of his offenses

The classical question that torments this kind is "If there was a God then why" So the theory is that, if others would repent and come into the flock. God would begin to listen to his prayers. And right at this time who and what he understands as God is not answering.

So what he does is take up the mantle so to speak, and becomes God's serial agent. The fact of the matter is that he is not sure if his God has forgiven him for his dirty little secrets. "A man is only as sick as his secrets"
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 13:051 edit

9. Playing with matches
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 13:10
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Nah, Fred would have mouthed off about fags by now.
    Mmmm, fags... dems de good stuff, eh?
  10. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 13:20
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    i think you're just as much of an idiot.
    One thing for sure is I never have to resort to four lette words to make my point. Furthermore, there is a world out there with wide and varying opinion yours is welcomed too. The difference between you and I is that, I understand the premise of never turn an opponent into an enemy. It's just not kosher!
  11. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 13:25
    Oh yeah, Mr or Ms 7ate9 what ever it is you believe , the facts are your'e doing life on this penal colony called earth also. So stay on your tier
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 13:48

13. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 14:11
    i ain't some rubbish psychic.
    I can't tell by you constant oneliners and off cuff quips, So my suggestion is when your posting about spiritual matters, use your big boy voice!😀
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 14:21

15. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 14:37
    i noticed you felt that i could be a mr or ms. how come you never considered i was a mrs?
    Just tyin to come down the middle. The point is that my friend Royaltystatement may be typical of personality types on both sides of the question. He has found religion as a means of expression. Likewise there are others who are equally as passionate as he or she may be. But have not chosen this path. In either case for or against the idea that there is a God or Creator or not; he should teach not preach. If one cannot teach, it is because one has refused to learn. I would not be so shallow as to, pretend to know what an Atheist believes without asking him or her. To understand someone elses point of view has never shaken the faithfulls foundation. This is what happens to individuals who have not yet self actualized. They remain perpetually in a state of flux. Youth is characterized by self-concept after - self concept. Forever learning and never achieving understanding.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree