1. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 10:06
    Originally posted by royaltystatement
    I don't have to not know, The Bible tells me and I know, the same way you read Lao Tzu and believe you know.
    B asic
    I nstructions
    B efore
    L eaving
    E arth
    BIBLE
    B orderline
    I nsanity
    B ut
    L ittle
    E lse

Aren't acroynms wonderfully probative?
  2. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 10:071 edit
    You obviously are an individual who is of age. Yet you speak as all lost men do when facing a change in their way of thinking.
    Stuck.
    Alot of adults do not accept truth(especially men) because "their" truths are the very backbone of their lives and aspirations. If they were to be proven incorrect in their views, then they believe that their lives and the street, yet the flower will allways grow through the cracks in the concrete.
    Why does God exist?

"That's just how it is."

Still feeling ontologically superior to everyone else?
  3. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 10:08
    Can noone answer me.
    That's "no one".

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/noone.html
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 18:45
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    i noticed you felt that i could be a mr or ms. how come you never considered i was a mrs?
    are you guys getting married?
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 19:23
    Alot of adults do not accept truth(especially men) because "their" truths are the very backbone of their lives and aspirations. If they were to be proven incorrect in their views, then they believe that their lives will become shattered with no hope in restoration.

Hard to breathe . . . air so thick with . . . irony.

Why is there weather? Why doesn't the Earth just be sunny and never get dark and we just did whatever we wanted and never died? Why do apples grow crunchy and grapes juicy? Why are there animals yet no animal is as smart as us? Why do humans think of doing everything?
    "That's just how it is" Many of you answer. But with faith I know why the Earth is as it is or why there is weather and why anything that exists is here.

There is weather because we live in a dynamic system. You should get on wikipedia and look up "water cycle." There is also a great deal of heating and cooling on the surface of the Earth. Heating the air near the surface of the Earth causes it to rise and expand. This then causes the same air to begin to cool. This cooling/heating causes pressure systems. This leads to things like wind or even hurricanes.

It cannot always be sunny on Earth because Earth is shaped like a ball. If it were always sunny somewhere on earth, it would be always dark on another. Besides a lot of creatures like the dark. Why should they be dead just so you can have a chipper day?

We die (like other living things) so that new life can grow from us. If you are consumed by a bear, much of your body is broken down and fused with that of the bear. Most of the rest of your body gets excreted. In this way, life continues just not in the same form.

The crunchiness of an apple or the juiciness of a grape comes from the molecular structure of the fruit. An apple being crunchier than a grape is of no more consequence than a rock being crunchier than an apple.

No animal may be as smart as us, but then no animal can run as fast as a cheetah. Why is this? No animal is as big as the blue whale. Why is this? You should look up the word "anthropocentric" and then ponder it for a while. I'm not being a smart@ss. You really should do that.

BTW while you're trusting in the wisdom of God, why don't you ask him to give you some basic lessons in spelling and grammar. And you clearly don't know the first thing about "why" many of these things are. You believe on faith that you are right, but that is different than knowing.
  6. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 23:49
    Originally posted by telerion
    [b]Alot of adults do not accept truth(especially men) because "their" truths are the very backbone of their lives and aspirations. If they were to be proven incorrect in their views, then they believe that their lives will become shattered with no hope in restoration.

Hard to breathe . . . air so thick w ...[text shortened]... e. You believe on faith that you are right, but that is different than knowing.[/b]
    I have already evaluated all the scientific explanations and know most of them, I don't accept them because the explanations of men is flawed and still leaves questions unanswered.
  7. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 23:50
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    B orderline
    I nsanity
    B ut
    L ittle
    E lse

Aren't acroynms wonderfully probative?
    HA ha HA HA HA!
    Touche
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 05:10
    I have already evaluated all the scientific explanations and know most of them, I don't accept them because the explanations of men is flawed and still leaves questions unanswered.
    Your logic is self-defeating, because after all, you are also a man. Unless you are a god? Or maybe a female?
  9. Cosmos
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 05:57
    "because the explanations of men is flawed" I assume you mean the slightly less flawed statement; "because the explanations of men ARE flawed"....

...but anyway, just remind me, who wrote the BIBLE?
  10. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 13:38
    Your logic is self-defeating, because after all, you are also a man. Unless you are a god? Or maybe a female?
    I follow the Word of God. Though the hands that wrote it were man, it did not come from the mind of a man.
  11. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 13:39
    Originally posted by howardgee
    "because the explanations of men is flawed" I assume you mean the slightly less flawed statement; "because the explanations of men ARE flawed"....

...but anyway, just remind me, who wrote the BIBLE?
    The Bible is different from all other books. It is the only book that is the Words of GOD himself. It was written through PROPHETS OF GOD not just men.
  12. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 13:44
    I follow the Word of God. Though the hands that wrote it were man, it did not come from the mind of a man.
    You interpret the "Word of God," and that interpretation is necessarily flawed by your self-defeating logic.

It's really very simple.
    BTW: Are you going to go to a real college or to a Bible school?
  13. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 13:58
    You interpret the "Word of God," and that interpretation is necessarily flawed by your self-defeating logic.

It's really very simple.
    BTW: Are you going to go to a real college or to a Bible school?
    Any kingdom that is against itself is doomed for destruction. If I contridicted myself, then I would be doomed for destruction, which I am not. Rome was against itself, it was doomed for destruction. America is against itself(ex. The Revolutionary War) it is doomed for destruction as well.
    I will go and do whatever the Lord instructs.
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 14:25
    Any kingdom that is against itself is doomed for destruction. If I contridicted myself, then I would be doomed for destruction, which I am not. Rome was against itself, it was doomed for destruction. America is against itself(ex. The Revolutionary War) it is doomed for destruction as well.
    I will go and do whatever the Lord instructs.
    All dogs have 7 pairs of ears. If I were wrong about this, then I would be fallible, which I am not. Therefore all dogs have 7 pairs of ears.

Sorry kiddo, your faith does not trump logic.

BTW: I see you cleverly dodged my question. Perhaps I presumed too much by assuming you are college-bound?
  15. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 18:181 edit
    The explanations of men is flawed?

In what way is they flawed, precisely?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree