Russia: Witnesses a terrorist group

Russia: Witnesses a terrorist group

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
galveston75, on page 5 there are four responses to your posts. If this thread topic is of genuine interest to you, please reply to them.
He's not interested, or is possibly unable to reply.

Moves
20 Apr 17

Originally posted by galveston75
Well before it's over more countries will be doing this and eventually even worse.
Robbie has stated in this thread that he is not interested in the persecution of other Christian sects outside of the JWs; how do you feel about this subject?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Apr 17

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/vasiliy-kalin-statement-on-ban-of-jehovahs-witnesses/

F

Moves
21 Apr 17

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/vasiliy-kalin-statement-on-ban-of-jehovahs-witnesses/
What political action would you like to see non-JWs take to support your group in its current predicament in Russia?

rc

Moves
21 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
What political action would you like to see non-JWs take to support your group in its current predicament in Russia?
This assumes that we want others to petition on our behalf when as far as I know they only political institution (using your rather broad and all encompassing definition of political that you seem to harbour) we have used is the judicial system and attempted to legally establish our form of worship. If you know of any other group that we have petitioned then please let it be known. If not then your question is without precedent and actually makes NO SENSE.

Moves
21 Apr 17
2 edits

If I had my way your dangerous religious beliefs would be banned everywhere. Your views on blood transfusions and the way your leaders bully dissenters in the membership is outrageous.

F

Moves
21 Apr 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
This assumes that we want others to petition on our behalf when as far as I know they only political institution (using your rather broad and all encompassing definition of political that you seem to harbour) we have used is the judicial system and attempted to legally establish our form of worship. If you know of any other group that we have petit ...[text shortened]... se let it be known. If not then your question is without precedent and actually makes NO SENSE.
I am interested in galveston75's answer.

rc

Moves
21 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
I am interested in galveston75's answer.
and I am interested in yours, so out with it!

A

RSA

Moves
21 Apr 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
The Russian Justice Ministry is moving to label Jehovah's Witnesses as terrorists and ban their worship, sparking a global letter- writing campaign appealing to Kremlin and Supreme Court officials for relief.

Some 8,000 Jehovah's Witnesses in Trinidad and Tobago are being encouraged to write letters to Russia.

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Wi ...[text shortened]... m on April 5.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20170327/news/russia-witnesses-a-terrorist-group
I used to live in Trinidad and Tobago. JW's would knock on our door in their sunday best clothes.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ashiitaka
I used to live in Trinidad and Tobago. JW's would knock on our door in their sunday best clothes.
I live here [T&T] and we get a visit from them almost every Sunday. When I have the time I enjoy giving them a good history and track record of their organisation. What part of Trinidad did you live?

A

RSA

Moves
21 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
I live here [T&T] and we get a visit from them almost every Sunday. When I have the time I enjoy giving them a good history and track record of their organisation. What part of Trinidad did you live?
Scarborough, Tobago. Near a beach called pigeon point.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Apr 17

Scarborough, Tobago. Near a beach called pigeon point.
Nice.

A

RSA

Moves
21 Apr 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
Nice.
I was very young, but I still remember the sugar plantations, and ant infestations. I didn't understand "jehovah's witnesses" were at that age (age 4), but I remembered them visiting on Sundays. The whole island was dead quiet due to everyone being at church.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Apr 17
1 edit

On Saturday.

At least they come around here on Saturdays.

I always assumed it was because they were all at Kingdom Hall on Sunday.

Maybe it's actually because they worship on Saturday and come around after so they don't have to get dressed up two days in a row, I dunno. They seem to have other things which are common with the SDA, so why not, I'm just not sure.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Apr 17

I was very young, but I still remember the sugar plantations, and ant infestations. I didn't understand "jehovah's witnesses" were at that age (age 4), but I remembered them visiting on Sundays. The whole island was dead quiet due to everyone being at church.
Its still is a kind of a primitive environment and very laid back.