1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 17:54
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    Actually, there's a contradiction above, the resolution of which casts the patriarch in an even poorer light. The image was doctored on Saturday the 31st of March, the interview took place the next day (Sunday, April Fools'😉, the ruse was discovered on Wednesday the 4th of April, and the patriarchate's acknowledgement of deception on Thursday the 5th o ...[text shortened]... pril. No wonder the patriarch could enjoy such confidence. The image had already been fudged!
    You are letting your imagination run wild with speculations.
  2. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 18:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are letting your imagination run wild with speculations.
    What "speculations"? Where has my "imagination run wild"?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 19:131 edit
    What "speculations"? Where has my "imagination run wild"?
    I probably can not explain it so you can understand, so I'll just let it go and you
    can believe wha ever you want. It is not going to make any difference to the
    Patriarch what you believe. So have fun with whatever you wish to imagine.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 20:44
    Actually, there's a contradiction above, the resolution of which casts the patriarch in an even poorer light. The image was doctored on Saturday the 31st of March, the interview took place the next day (Sunday, April Fools'😉, the ruse was discovered on Wednesday the 4th of April, and the patriarchate's acknowledgement of deception on Thursday the 5th o ...[text shortened]... pril. No wonder the patriarch could enjoy such confidence. The image had already been fudged!
    I am still confused on chronology. He made statements to the effect that he did not wear the watch before the scandal of the image-doctoring was publicised in the blogosphere?
  5. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 21:06
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I am still confused on chronology. He made statements to the effect that he did not wear the watch before the scandal of the image-doctoring was publicised in the blogosphere?
    Yes, as the quote on the previous page makes clear.

"Coincidentally, the patriarch addressed the watch issue on Sunday, three days before the photo-doctoring scandal hit the blogosphere, in an interview with a prominent Kremlin-friendly television journalist, Vladimir Solovyov ... Sorting through gifts he had received over the years, the patriarch discovered that he did indeed own the Breguet, Mr. Solovyov said. But he insisted that he had never worn it and said he suspected that any photos of him wearing it had been altered with Photoshop [my emphasis]."
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 21:53
    Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's rolex, nor his porche, nor his sexy housemaid, nor his ox, nor his ass /buttocks/, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

If any one of you is without a microwave oven or expensive mobile phone, let him be the first to throw a stone at Russian patriarch.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree