1. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 04:271 edit
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Fine, I retract my original claim and say the premises are false because honest atheists do not believe in 'good' and 'bad'.
    To which premises are you referring? Euthyphro's question doesn't have premises, because it is not an argument. It is a question, hence the name 'Euthyphro's question'. Anyway, I really truly am an atheist, and I really truly with all my heart believe that there are objective moral truths, that some actions are impermissible no matter what, that we have obligations to cultivate within ourselves certain character traits, etc. etc. etc. So, one more false assertion from you and you'll have a hat trick!
  2. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 05:14
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I would have to say you are right.

Romans 3:23;Romans 10:9-13;Romans 8:1
    Please can you expand on your answer.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 13:07
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    Well, here's my stance on salvation, as I understand it, from the Bible.

The OT was about justice. Man was judged based upon his actions. Under the divine laws of this time, in the example given as the basis of this thread the murderer would have been unable to simply confress and go to heaven. Under the premise of the OT confession did not have the s ...[text shortened]... scriptures. We came to the conclusion that they would be judged much like the people of the OT.
    This "two-tiered" system of salvation and damnation is explicitly rejected by Jesus' words in Matthew 25. Can a "Christian" adhere to a belief system that Jesus in no uncertain words rejects?
  4. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 14:47
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    This "two-tiered" system of salvation and damnation is explicitly rejected by Jesus' words in Matthew 25. Can a "Christian" adhere to a belief system that Jesus in no uncertain words rejects?
    No CHRIST'S love and Salvation is for all men. Man rejects CHRIST. Ethier by rejecting HIM, or not accetting HIM completely. Man sometimes thinks that The Salvation that GOD, has offered is on mans terms. It is not. Salvation is offered and acceptted on the terms that GOD has already decided on. It is up to man to accept those terms.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 17:31
    Originally posted by Alcra
    Please can you expand on your answer.
    Romans 3:23;Romans 10:9-13;Romans 8:1

1. We are all sinners in need of a Savior.

2. That whoever confesses Jesus as Lord and Savior and calls upon him will be saved.

3. And that after you call on him there is no condemnation on you because you are in Christ Jesus.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 03:45
    Originally posted by Alcra
    Based on the salvation theory, here is a new question (at least for me). Again, my interest is purely academic, so all views welcome.

Bob kills Sam. Bob is a bad man, while Sam is a good man (but not "saved", as he has not confessed his sins). Sam goes to hell, as he died in a state of sin (is this true so far? )

Bob now confesses his sins and is absol ...[text shortened]... As I stated before, this is not a "bashing" session, and all views (and
    corrections) welcome.
    Lets just say this Sam could be a good man by human standards right.

But he was murder right.

But he when to hell because he was lost in his sins.

Know Bob killed Sam right, but truly Sam is just as a sinful man as Bob. Because Sam lied every day of his life, Said Gods name in vain which is worse then murdering someone, he stole in his life, he lusted after women. So he was a sinful person.
  7. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 11:30

But he was murder right.

But he when to hell because he was lost in his sins.
    This is a little bit confusing...

What does "But he was murder right" mean?

And can you get lost in one's sins? Is this the same as getting lost in the Everglades or Murramarang National Park? Can one use a GPS to find out where one is when one is lost in sins?

Oh dear, Christian theology is so confusing...
  8. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 17:53
    Said Gods name in vain which is worse then murdering someone, he stole in his life, he lusted after women.
    RB, should a person be put to death because of saying God's name in vain? That's what you could be implying. Worse than murdering someone, RB? It may be woefully ignorant to say such things like swearing thoughtlessly, but maybe you should consider more carefully the vitriol you spew at times.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree