1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 19:491 edit
    RajK999,
    Here is a verse passage that might show clearly who is the Savior between Christ and keeping commandments. . .

King James Version
    ==============
    John 6: 28, 29
    Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 20:322 edits
    KingonPoint,
    You wrote who is the Savior between Christ and keeping commandments.

Why do you need to prove to anyone that Jesus Christ is the saviour?
    Is anyone doubting that Christ is the Saviour?
    To believe in Christ is to follow his commandments.
    Those who truly believe in Christ and those who know Christ, and those who trust in Christ will follow his commandments.
    There are many who claim to believe but the do not. Their actions, lifestyle, works do not follow the teachings of Christ. So their belief is worthless
    Therefore to believe IS THE SAME THING AS following his commandments.
    Belief is from the heart and belief is transformed into action and good works.

King James Version
    =====================
    =====================

1Jn_2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    1Jn_2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    1Jn_3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
    1Jn_3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
    1Jn_5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
    1Jn_5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
    2Jn_1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
    Rev_22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 04:26
    RajK,
    If you want to be saved, then first believe in Christ for your salvation. A list of things to do will not give you eternal life.

It is important for you to understand that your Savior is Christ and not a list of commandments.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 11:241 edit
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    RajK,
    If you want to be saved, then first believe in Christ for your salvation. A list of things to do will not give you eternal life.

It is important for you to understand that your Savior is Christ and not a list of commandments.
    I get my doctrine from Jesus Christ. I dont take doctrine from a chess players on a chess forum.
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 11:45
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I get my doctrine from Jesus Christ. I dont take doctrine from a chess players on a chess forum.
    Where's the love?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 12:03
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Where's the love?
    What is that supposed to mean?

'Love' means that I must accept KoP's teachings ?
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 16:43
    What is that supposed to mean?

'Love' means that I must accept KoP's teachings ?
    It's your tone dude. I thought those that name Jesus Christ as their Lord are brothers. You come off as the grumpy old man on the corner that yells at the kids for having fun... It's what i gathered from your postings.

Do you relate to anybody in this forum on any level? Do you relate to Christians on this forum on any level? If we accept Christ, don't you think that others that accept him as well could speak to you through them?

Food for thought.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 16:50
    It's your tone dude. I thought those that name Jesus Christ as their Lord are brothers. You come off as the grumpy old man on the corner that yells at the kids for having fun... It's what i gathered from your postings.

Do you relate to anybody in this forum on any level? Do you relate to Christians on this forum on any level? If we accept Christ, ...[text shortened]... think that others that accept him as well could speak to you through them?

Food for thought.
    You come across as xyz .. what does it matter?

That is not a rhetorical question. Please answer what does it matter how I come across.

Do you read what I write? Do you understand?

Can you tell the difference between what Christ taught and other doctrines.

I suggest you concern yourself with that more than anything else.

Sounds like you have a pile of teachings in your head that is all manmade.
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 17:20
    You come across as xyz .. what does it matter?

That is not a rhetorical question. Please answer what does it matter how I come across.

Can you tell the difference between what Christ taught and other doctrines.

I suggest you concern yourself with that more than anything else.

I have read what you post and have asked a question or two and was told that I should read your posts to find out what you believe.

Do I understand? Not you I don't, thus the questions.

I do feel I understand better now though than a few minutes ago.

Don't we all?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 17:23
    ..Don't we all?
    No. My beliefs come from the mouth of Christ.
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 17:36
    No. My beliefs come from the mouth of Christ.
    You mentioned you go to church or "churches" I think you said. Are you not going to hear a teaching that can maybe be applied to your life and your walk?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 17:37
    You mentioned you go to church or "churches" I think you said. Are you not going to hear a teaching that can maybe be applied to your life and your walk?
    I dont understand that question.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 18:28
    I dont understand that question.
    Let me rephrase it like this...

Do you go to church to hear a teaching that can maybe be applied to your life and your walk?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 18:391 edit
    Let me rephrase it like this...

Do you go to church to hear a teaching that can maybe be applied to your life and your walk?
    I still do not understand.

Are you asking me if I go to church [which I rarely do], are there times when the pastor can teach something which applies to me personally? Maybe Yes, but how is that relevant?
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 19:30
    I still do not understand.

Are you asking me if I go to church [which I rarely do], are there times when the pastor can teach something which applies to me personally? Maybe Yes, but how is that relevant?
    My point is this...

5 posts or so back, you said "My beliefs come from the mouth of Christ". If your beliefs come from the mouth of Christ what purpose does a church serve for you. You said that maybe a pastor could teach you something that applies to you personally. Do you think that the mouth of Christ May come from the pastor? Do you think that possibly the mouth of Christ could be from some Christian in this forum?

You said to another poster that "I don't take doctrine from a chess players on a chess forum". There are people here that don't even play chess but are every bit of a Christian with the heart to serve God.

You dismiss the wisdom that others offer immediately, and devalue their contribution. Christians should have a little more brotherly love towards one another and not disdain. That's all, let's not use the scriptures to fight, but unite!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree