1. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 19:391 edit
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    My point is this...

5 posts or so back, you said "My beliefs come from the mouth of Christ". If your beliefs come from the mouth of Christ what purpose does a church serve for you. You said that maybe a pastor could teach you something that applies to you personally. Do you think that the mouth of Christ May come from the pastor? Do you think that p ...[text shortened]... ards one another and not disdain. That's all, let's not use the scriptures to fight, but unite!
    Pastors can preach things relevant to me Yes. He can never preach anything relevant to me getting eternal life which I dont already know. I hope you can see the difference.

Church serves no purpose to me other than to meet other Christians. I dont learn anything new. I often end up showing people in church how far removed their teachings are from those of Christ and the Apostles. The reason is very simple. People dont read their Bible anymore. They go to church with the hope that the pastors words are enough. It is often not enough.

Pastors preach from the mouth of Christ? If they say what Christ says yes. IF they say otherwise then they are apostate. KOP which is the subject of this discussion is not preaching what Christ preached. Hence my statement was for him.

Brotherly love .. by that do you mean I have to accept the false doctrines which I see so rampant here? No thanks.
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 22:11
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Pastors can preach things relevant to me Yes. He can never preach anything relevant to me getting eternal life which I dont already know. I hope you can see the difference.

Church serves no purpose to me other than to meet other Christians. I dont learn anything new. I often end up showing people in church how far removed their teachings are from those ...[text shortened]... by that do you mean I have to accept the false doctrines which I see so rampant here? No thanks.

If I am to understand you correctly, you know and understand all there is about eternal life, and you can't be taught anything more?

Church serves no purpose to me other than to meet other Christians. I dont learn anything new. I often end up showing people in church how far removed their teachings are from those of Christ and the Apostles.

Have you considered this scripture...

Hebrews 10:24-25
    New International Version (NIV)

24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

We are encouraged to get together as Christians.

Brotherly love .. by that do you mean I have to accept the false doctrines which I see so rampant here? No thanks.

Nope not what I meant al all. Perhaps there is false doctrine, perhaps it is not from where you think.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 22:35

If I am to understand you correctly, you know and understand all there is about eternal life, and you can't be taught anything more?

[quote]Church serves no purpose ...[text shortened]... t what I meant al all. Perhaps there is false doctrine, perhaps it is not from where you think.
    You place far too much emphasis on the teachings of men.
    You should listen more to Jesus Christ.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 23:591 edit
    It is right out of the bible, you give no credence to the bible?

We're you not just quoting Hebrews?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 01:00
    If I am not mistaken, it was other men who wrote down what Jesus said.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 03:47
    It is right out of the bible, you give no credence to the bible?

We're you not just quoting Hebrews?
    You were just saying that I should listen to the wise posters on this site.
    You are the one that does not listen to the bible
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 04:35
    You were just saying that I should listen to the wise posters on this site.
    You are the one that does not listen to the bible
    Never said any such thing, please don't put words in my mouth.
    I also notice you are avoiding the question I asked. Well?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 05:241 edit
    My point is this...

5 posts or so back, you said "My beliefs come from the mouth of Christ". If your beliefs come from the mouth of Christ what purpose does a church serve for you. You said that maybe a pastor could teach you something that applies to you personally. Do you think that the mouth of Christ May come from the pastor? Do you think that p ...[text shortened]... ards one another and not disdain. That's all, let's not use the scriptures to fight, but unite!
    This is exactly right.

There are those here who would tell others why their beliefs are lacking while not understanding the lack in their own understanding.

If one's focus is the commandments of Christ, then I would imagine that one would follow ALL the commandments of Christ.

The JWs err in just this way.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 05:271 edit
    No, but it does mean that you must love your neighbor as yourself, and that includes treating them with the same respect you demand that others show you.

This is what I meant by following ALL of Christ's commandments.

I remember there being something about loving God in there too. Maybe you could examine that one as well.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 05:29
    No. My beliefs come from the mouth of Christ.
    Really.

My beliefs come from the Word of God, as did Christ's beliefs.
  11. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 23:362 edits
    RajK,
    Wherever did Christ say to anyone believe in my commandments for you to be saved? Wherever did Christ say don't believe in me for your salvation? When did Christ tell someone that He can save anyone?

King James Version
    ===============
    John 6: 28, 29
    Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

I Peter 2: 24
    Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 00:37
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    RajK,
    Wherever did Christ say to anyone believe in my commandments for you to be saved? Wherever did Christ say don't believe in me for your salvation? When did Christ tell someone that He can save anyone?

King James Version
    ===============
    John 6: 28, 29
    Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Jesus ...[text shortened]... e, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
    Nobody said anything about BELIEVING IN COMMANDMENTS.
    Commandments are not to believe in but TO FOLLOW AND TO DO.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Read it slowly .. THOSE WHO DO HIS COMMANEMENTS WILL ENTER INTO GODS KINGDOM.
  13. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 00:481 edit
    If you never believe in Christ Jesus for your salvation, then how are commandments going to earn you eternal life? The first thing to do for anyone is to put faith in Christ for salvation. Everything else comes afterward.

If you are going to depend on commandments to earn you eternal life, then you are missing the importance of Christ's sacrifice. He is the one who took our sins, died and rose again, not the commandments. The commandments are not the Savior.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 00:53
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    If you never believe in Christ Jesus for your salvation, then how are commandments going to earn you eternal life? The first thing to do for anyone is to put faith in Christ for salvation. Everything else comes afterward.

If you are going to depend on commandments to earn you eternal life, then you are missing the importance of Christ's sacrifice. ...[text shortened]... took our sins, died and rose again, not the commandments. The commandments are not the Savior.
    You have a few screws loose pal. I never said anything about never believing in Christ.

In any case what about the pre-Christ people? are they doomed?

As usual you ask questions and when I quote the Bible you ignore it. What did the Revelation quote say :

Rev_22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 16:363 edits
    You have a few screws loose pal.

Oh Rajk999, since you are so true to the commandments of Jesus. In light of this quip above could you expound for us the meaning of Jesus' words here?

" ... And whoever says to his brother, Raca, shall shall be liable the judgment of the the Sandredrin; and whoever says, Mereh, shall be liable to the Gehenna of fire." (Matt. 5:22)

Mereh and Raca are Jewish expressions of contempt like "worthless" or "knucklehead" or "numbskull!"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree