1. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 16:521 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    You have a few screws loose pal.

Oh Rajk999, since you are so true to the commandments of Jesus. In light of this quip above could you expound for us the meaning of Jesus' words here?

[quote] [b] " ... And whoever says to his brother, Raca, shall shall be liable the judgment of the the Sandredrin; and whoever says, Mere ...[text shortened]... b]Raca
    are Jewish expressions of contempt like "worthless" or "knucklehead" or "numbskull!"[/b]
    Where did I say I was "so true to the commandments of Jesus"?
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 19:07
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    KingonPoint,
    You wrote who is the Savior between Christ and keeping commandments.

Why do you need to prove to anyone that Jesus Christ is the saviour?
    Is anyone doubting that Christ is the Saviour?
    To believe in Christ is to follow his commandments.
    [b]Those who truly believe in Christ and those who know Christ, and those who trust in Christ wi ...[text shortened]... they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. [/i]
    Christ's first command was to repent for the kingdom of God is at hand. So without repenting first there's no way you could truly follow his other commands.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 19:39
    I get my doctrine from Jesus Christ. I dont take doctrine from a chess players on a chess forum.
    You make an interesting point Rajk, but have you ever considered that not all Biblical doctrine is for the same people groups universally?

For example: Jesus taught His disciples to do as the Pharisees say but not as they do because they sit on Moses' seat.

Therefore, if one is going to follow the commandments of Jesus, one needs to be circumcised, be baptized, repent, keep the whole law, and give away all one's earthly possessions to the poor. etc. etc.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 20:33
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Christ's first command was to repent for the kingdom of God is at hand. So without repenting first there's no way you could truly follow his other commands.
    Are you assuming that people dont repent?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 20:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    You make an interesting point Rajk, but have you ever considered that not all Biblical doctrine is for the same people groups universally?

For example: Jesus taught His disciples to do as the Pharisees say but not as they do because they sit on Moses' seat.

Therefore, if one is going to follow the commandments of Jesus, one needs to be circumcised, be ...[text shortened]... , repent, keep the whole law, and give away all one's earthly possessions to the poor. etc. etc.
    I have not seen all that in the Bible.
    Some references would be helpful, thanks.

eg where did Christ say :
    "do as the Pharisees say"?
    "be circumcised"?
    "follow the whole law"?
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 23:062 edits
    RajK,
    According to the bible. . .
    A person must put faith in Christ for salvation, not the keeping of commandments given by Christ. If you want to work the works of God, then put belief in Christ as the first step. In that passage about working the works of God, Christ never mentions gaining eternal life through keeping commandments.

I don't want you to miss a great eternity because you are determined to depend on keeping commandments for eternal life rather than the Savior Himself. For sure, repent unto salvation, but don't depend on being good to get to God. The bible clearly shows that Christ Himself is the Savior, not the keeping of commandments.

If you want to really keep the commandments of Christ, that is great. But do it out of obedience, and to be blessed of God, and not out of trying to earn eternal life.

King James Version
    ===============
    John 14: 6
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Christ doesn't tell Thomas here to be good or keep My commandments to get to God. Christ says that He Himself is the way to God. The keeping of commandments is done to please God AFTER putting faith in Christ for salvation to start with.

If Jesus had not took our sins on Himself, shed His blood, died, and rose again, then no salvation would be available for Israelites or for Gentiles. The Israelites kept God's Law, but Christ had to die for everyone to be saved regardless of God's Law.

God knew Christ would die for man, so the promises of God's Law were secured in Christ's sacrifice. It wasn't that man kept God's Law to get eternal life. Christ is the last sacrifice for Israelites for their sin. If the Israelites reject Christ they will not be saved no matter how many commandments of God's Law they keep and no matter how many commandments of Christ they keep.

It is the same for non-Israelites. It is by Christ's stripes that we can be healed, but not by the keeping of Christ's commandments that we can be healed.

King James Version
    ===============
    John 6: 28, 29
    Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

I Peter 2: 24
    Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
  7. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 23:34
    RajK,
    You Typed
    --------------
    Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Read it slowly .. THOSE WHO DO HIS COMMANEMENTS WILL ENTER INTO GODS KINGDOM.
    -----------------

First of all, go back in the passage and try to find what "city" is being talked about. Don't assume that the "city" is synonymous with being given eternal life.

Being able to eat from the tree of life and enter into the gates of the city does not say that you will be given eternal life for keeping commandments. And being given a crown of life, is not for being given eternal life. Nor is being given a crown of righteousness for being given eternal life.

King James Version
    ================
    James 1: 12
    Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

The Revelation 2: 10
    Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

2 Timothy 4: 7, 8
    I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 23:42
    RajK,
    You Typed
    ----------------
    ----------------

By your own question, you leave room for the suggestion that you may not be keeping the commandments of Jesus.

So, why would you depend on them for eternal life, if you do not keep them? Your salvation is not in your ability to keep the commandments of Jesus, but it is in the ability of Christ to give you eternal life.

King James Version
    ================
    John 1: 10-12
    He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 00:071 edit
    Who should I listen you or Jesus Christ? ... I will take my chances with Christ .. so you take a hike and please stop taking my name in vain in every post.
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 00:20
    RajK,
    Go and read all the words of Christ, not just the ones you want to depend on for your salvation. You are missing the value of Christ's sacrifice for you. You are missing that it is Christ who does the saving and not the commandments you think that you have to keep. Below are Jesus' own words.

King James Version
    ==============
    John 13: 36-38 Continuing through John 14: 6

Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.

Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake.

Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 00:31
    I didn't say that that was a quotation.

Nice try.

It was my summary of your general attitude here. Other posters are not for keeping the commandments of Jesus but are looking for cheap "Once Saved Always Saved" Gospel.

Has that not been your general attitude for over some years now ?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 01:08
    Originally posted by sonship
    I didn't say that that was a quotation.

Nice try.

It was my summary of your general attitude here. Other posters are not for keeping the commandments of Jesus but are looking for cheap "Once Saved Always Saved" Gospel.

Has that not been your general attitude for over some years now ?
    You are as smart as a bucket of nails. I have always said that I dont know who is doing good works neither do I care to know. I do not disclose what I do either. My statements have always been general ones along the lines of the teachings of Christ. ie to Love God and love your neighbour as yourself among other commandments. Your teachings select what you think is the easiest route to eternal life ie to accept Christ with your mouth and you will be saved .. but unfortunately for you and your type Christ said no such thing.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 01:574 edits
    You are as smart as a bucket of nails.

By the time this post is read we'll all see that a bucket of nails then, is smart enough to see through your worthless brand of spirituality.

I have always said that I dont know who is doing good works neither do I care to know.

Lies. You have repeatedly accused me and other Christians of spreading anarchy and you have "cared" quite a bit.

In fact practically any subject brought up about the Christian Gospel you regularly morph into a legalistic discussion with ample dosages of accusations against anyone who believes in salvation as spelled out in Romans 10.

If you really "don't care" then you don't have any gospel burden to be in the great commission of Christ to His disciples. Your "great commission" seems only to level condemnation towards the Christian brotherhood.

I do not disclose what I do either.

Humble huh?
    Or maybe its just not worth telling anyone.

My statements have always been general ones along the lines of the teachings of Christ. ie to Love God and love your neighbour as yourself among other commandments.

In John 15 where Jesus emphasized that the disciples love God and one another He also said "Abide in Me and I in you."

I don't think you know anything about that.

Your teachings select what you think is the easiest route to eternal life ie to accept Christ with your mouth and you will be saved

More lies.

It certainly was not "easy" for Christ to go through what He did in shedding His blood for the forgiveness of sins.

"For this is the blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins." (Matt. 26:28)

I stand upon His merit. I know other stand.
    Are you standing on your own merit to be saved?

Go back and read about how your good works are as filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6).

.. but unfortunately for you and your type Christ said no such thing.

The days of me giving you a benefit of a doubt have ended.
    You're in rebellion against the New Covenant which Jesus said was established in His blood for the forgiveness of sins.

"This cup is the NEW COVENANT established in My blood, which is being poured out for you." (Luke 22:20)

I use to give you a benefit of a doubt. I use to think that you were mistaken about the Gospel and wanted to give a more accurate presentation of it thinking it was the real Good News for the salvation of sinners.

Now I realize your only commission is to be the accuser of the brothers day and night. You're an antichrist.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 02:051 edit
    Originally posted by sonship to Rajk999
    By the time this post is read we'll all see that a bucket of nails then, is smart enough to see through your worthless brand of spirituality.
    You think the kind of Christianity Rajk999 subscribes to is worthless?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 02:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    You think the kind of Christianity Rajk999 subscribes to is worthless?
    Questions and crocodile tears.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree