1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 11:47
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    How did Jesus correct things?
    One example is that he pointed out that religiosity was not the way by healing on the Sabbath. He corrected their judgementalism by saying forgive your enemies and also their hypocrisy by saying "let he who is without sin cast the first stone..." . The Jews were also stuck in the merit/salvation cycle (eg ToO) and didn't get grace properly.

There's a whole load of things that the Gospels overturn.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 13:49
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Did not the God of Jesus task his people with waging war on Jericho?

Did not the God of Jesus task his people with waging war on Sodom?

Did not the God of Jesus task his people with waging war on Midian?

Did not the God of Jesus task his people with waging war on Canaan?
    In many respects the portrayal of God in the Old Testament is irreconcilable with the God of Jesus. Those are some examples.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 14:02
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    One example is that he pointed out that religiosity was not the way by healing on the Sabbath. He corrected their judgementalism by saying forgive your enemies and also their hypocrisy by saying "let he who is without sin cast the first stone..." . The Jews were also stuck in the merit/salvation cycle (eg ToO) and didn't get grace properly.

There's a whole load of things that the Gospels overturn.
    I do not believe in the "merit/salvation" conceptual model of the Jews and what that usually entails. I believe that Jesus taught salvation through righteousness. I believe that Jesus taught salvation through transformation.

I have corrected you on this dozens of times. Why do you insist on misrepresenting my position?

Even though I've asked you dozens of times to stop posting about me you persist.

Even though I've corrected you dozens of times as to what I believe you persist in misrepresenting my position.

Your actions show that you do not follow / believe in the God of Jesus. Your actions show that you do not follow / believe in the God of truth.

You could have easily left me out of your post.

Once again, please stop addressing posts to me, posting about me as well as starting threads about me and lying about me.
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 14:121 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I do not believe in the "merit/salvation" conceptual model of the Jews and what that usually entails. I believe that Jesus taught salvation through righteousness. I believe that Jesus taught salvation through transformation.

I have corrected you on this dozens of times. Why do you insist on misrepresenting my position?

Even though I've asked yo ssing posts to me, posting about me as well as starting threads about me and lying about me.
    I believe that Jesus taught salvation through transformation.---------------------------ToO----------------------------------------

So do I. I just think it's Jesus that does the transforming via the Holy Spirit and not ourselves independently. It's a team effort initiated by grace through faith. But on the transformation issue we are agreement. I think we just disagree on whether it's God that does the transforming.
  5. England
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 14:14
    Originally posted by brendan94
    United States Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin said that the war in Iraq is an example of God`s Work. What does everyone think of this?
    think its more to do with oil, and as far as i know god does not need it.
  6. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 14:15
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

Even though I've asked yo ...[text shortened]... ssing posts to me, posting about me as well as starting threads about me and lying about me.
    You could have easily left me out of your post. -----------ToO----------

Sorry mate , I do not recognise your authority to completely censor me.

In any case the only way you could possibly be noticing these things is if you are stalking my posts. You seem to be watching everything I write.
  7. England
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 14:19
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think he was taking his lead from ThinkOfOne who may not believe that Jesus was God (ThinkOfOne please correct me on that if I am wrong).
    think he may take his lead from jesus who worshiped god and never put himself equal to him.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 14:201 edit
    I believe that Jesus taught salvation through transformation.---------------------------ToO----------------------------------------

So do I. I just think it's Jesus that does the transforming via the Holy Spirit and not ourselves independently. It's a team effort initiated by grace through faith. But on the transformation issue we are agreement. I think we just disagree on whether it's God that does the transforming.
    Jesus teaches that there is no salvation until the transformation is complete. Jesus teaches that there is no salvation until one IS righteous. From what I can tell, this is not what you believe.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 14:235 edits
    You could have easily left me out of your post. -----------ToO----------

Sorry mate , I do not recognise your authority to completely censor me.

In any case the only way you could possibly be noticing these things is if you are stalking my posts. You seem to be watching everything I write.
    "In any case the only way you could possibly be noticing these things is if you are stalking my posts. You seem to be watching everything I write."

Do you realize how stupid this assertion is? - In light of the fact that I posted on this thread before you did. At least it's consistent in that way with your other assertions about me.

Even though I've asked you dozens of times to stop posting about me you persist.

Even though I've corrected you dozens of times as to what I believe you persist in misrepresenting my position.

Your actions show that you do not follow / believe in the God of Jesus. Your actions show that you do not follow / believe in the God of truth.

If you ever wonder why so many have such a low opinion of "Christians", look in the mirror.
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 14:43
    United States Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin said that the war in Iraq is an example of God`s Work. What does everyone think of this?
    Almost no one thinks this. Those that do read creative, evocative literature replete with obscure symbols and complex metaphors as if it is somehow literal history, albeit written prior to the events described. In some circles such misreading is called illiteracy, but it's not nice to say that about so many bookish Americans, so most folks dance around the truth to such a degree that errors are passed along unchallenged.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 14:47
    Originally posted by stoker
    think its more to do with oil, and as far as i know god does not need it.
    Be careful there son, truth such as this is a little dangerous on this here forum.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 14:51
    Her exact words were, "a task from God."

But everybody knows it was an oil grab.

Palin is as deluded as George W.
    It's politics Epi. Palin has her supporters to make feel good and Obama has his. It's like the abortion issue. Palin MUST be pro-life and Obama must please the pro-choice crowd no matter their respective feelings on the issue at hand.....that is if they want to succeed in their respective parties.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 14:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    It's politics Epi. Palin has her supporters to make feel good and Obama has his. It's like the abortion issue. Palin MUST be pro-life and Obama must please the pro-choice crowd no matter their respective feelings on the issue at hand.....that is if they want to succeed in their respective parties.
    What do you think of those who use God as a weapon to further their politics? What do you think of those who use God as a weapon to "justify" the unjust?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 14:581 edit
    The God of the Jews, Jehovah ("I AM THAT I AM" ), is the "Father" which Jesus mentions throughout his earthly ministry. Referenced as "LORD" in the OT, Jehovah used nations to bring judgment upon other nations all the time.

God abounds with mercy and loving-kindness, but we mustn't forget that he is also holy and just. He's the Lion [i]and[/i use God's judgment is something rightly to be feared. Wisdom is the fear of the LORD.
    From my Biblical perspective, the problem at hand is sin. Sin is the reason for the season of war. In fact, we are and will continue to be at war until the issue of sin has been dealt with once and for all. In terms of OT times, this war seemed more harsh than today because we did not have the blood of Christ to help deal with sin as we do today. The object of God's wrath has always been sin, however, if one cannot separate the sinner from the sin the sinner often times became or becomes directly in the line of fire. With the blood of Christ we have better chances of separating the sin from the sinner than in days of old.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 14:59
    context please.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree