Sarah Palin and Holy War in Iraq?

Sarah Palin and Holy War in Iraq?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
16 Sep 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
The thing is ToO would never tell you if he was going to turn up or not. LOL
Does he really need to? Aren't you picking up the signals he's sending out? πŸ˜€

P

weedhopper

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Do you think giraffes are generally more or less wicked than toddlers?
I don't find giraffes wicked at all. Nor (most) toddlers.

P

weedhopper

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by Rajk999
Yep .. the OT has no record of God sending the armies of Israel to wipe out entire nations ... men women and children.
I use the smiley face only to show that I have no animosity to the reader. It's hard enough to convey true meaning on this infernal machine without someone getting emotional.
My "statement" was my opinion only; I never claimed it was some sort of dogma that everyone should believe--and those that don't are woefully inept and inferior. Though I see plenty of that attitude on here.
As for the post I am replying to, The OT has a number of such instances when God ordered Joshua, Moses, etc. to wipe out a group of people. You should know this.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Does he really need to? Aren't you picking up the signals he's sending out? πŸ˜€
Exactly ... I think they are soulmates.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
I use the smiley face only to show that I have no animosity to the reader. It's hard enough to convey true meaning on this infernal machine without someone getting emotional.
My "statement" was my opinion only; I never claimed it was some sort of dogma that everyone should believe--and those that don't are woefully inept and inferior. Though I see plent ...[text shortened]... s when God ordered Joshua, Moses, etc. to wipe out a group of people. You should know this.
OK .. so I am wondering what is the logic behind this opinion of yours :

"..Couldn't there have been only people over the age of accountability when the flood occurred?"

Bear in mind the Bible says that people were living their normal lives at the time .. eating, drinking, marrying etc etc.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
17 Sep 08

I don't find giraffes wicked at all. Nor (most) toddlers.
Did any giraffes die in the flood? If so, was it just for them to suffer the same punishment as the wicked?

P

weedhopper

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by Rajk999
OK .. so I am wondering what is the logic behind this opinion of yours :

"..Couldn't there have been only people over the age of accountability when the flood occurred?"

Bear in mind the Bible says that people were living their normal lives at the time .. eating, drinking, marrying etc etc.
Living their normal lives does not preclude a period of time when people (for whatever reason) did not chosse to have families, or to postpone marraige until later in life; which in Noah's time could have been several centuries.
To answer your real question, there are but two possibilities as to whether there were any "innocent" people swept away in the flood:
1) No, there weren't. The "age of accountability" is not in the Bible anywhere--it was unheard of until the Reformation, and yes, that means that babies, even unborn babies, can reject God, which was the whole reason for the flood--the people's rejection of the one true God; or
2) There may have been some who wanted to join Noah and did not reject God--they may have been prohibited from doing so by ungodly parents who refused to allow them to join Noah. In their case, they died in the flood and went to heaven.

P

weedhopper

Moves
17 Sep 08

Did any giraffes die in the flood? If so, was it just for them to suffer the same punishment as the wicked?
Animals are lesser creatures--they are neither wicked nor good. To compare them to humans makes no sense to me, so I'm sorry I can't answer this question.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
17 Sep 08

Animals are lesser creatures--they are neither wicked nor good. To compare them to humans makes no sense to me, so I'm sorry I can't answer this question.
Do you think giraffes can experience suffering?

P

Moves
17 Sep 08
1 edit

Living their normal lives does not preclude a period of time when people (for whatever reason) did not chosse to have families, or to postpone marraige until later in life; which in Noah's time could have been several centuries.
To answer your real question, there are but two possibilities as to whether there were any "innocent" people swept away in the f ed to allow them to join Noah. In their case, they died in the flood and went to heaven.
Even unborn babies can reject god? Wow. I'm sure there were a lot of phetus' worshiping idols.

Can a fertilized egg reject god?
How about a sperm?

How about just after it's affixed itself to the uterine wall?

At what point can a gestating human embryo start rejecting or worshipping the one true god?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Evidently you really want to continue to insist on making stupid assertion after stupid assertion.
This is a statement. Anyone can say this. You have no argument , and no answer. You cannot answer the question because of the huge problems it creates for you. And now you are reduced to just repeating yourself.

I have used logic and argument to challenge you and you have no answer. I never really expected you to answer anyway , it's been enough for me to just observe your inability to address this issue.We both know you can't go there.

We have reached an impasse as we always have done from the beginning because of your inability to take the next logical step and explore your position in full. This is a shame because you have some interesting things to say on Jesus but....

...........The question below is your stumbling block because the answer is almost definitely "no" , and and "no" answer makes all your posts about Jesus's commandments seem...well......silly.

Do you believe in the active Father God that Jesus preached was central to his commandments ?

You are cheating yourself.

P

weedhopper

Moves
18 Sep 08

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
Even unborn babies can reject god? Wow. I'm sure there were a lot of phetus' worshiping idols.

Can a fertilized egg reject god?
How about a sperm?

How about just after it's affixed itself to the uterine wall?

At what point can a gestating human embryo start rejecting or worshipping the one true god?
Yes.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Conception.

P

weedhopper

Moves
18 Sep 08

Do you think giraffes can experience suffering?
Yes.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Sep 08

Originally posted by epiphinehas
A pacifist is someone who is against violence for any reason whatsoever. But consider that Jesus fashioned a whip and drove out the money changers with it. A strict pacifist would never have attempted such a thing. Also consider what the book of Revelation has to say about the second coming of Christ, "Out of His mouth comes a sharp sword with which t ...[text shortened]... iron scepter. He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty" (Rev. 19:15).
And you believe those were the words of Jesus? It just goes to show you how screwed up the bible really is, it's a document of contradictions.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Sep 08
2 edits

The flood was to punish the wicked, which was everybody EXCEPT Noah and his immediate family.
Why does the genetic data pool show real migrations that diverged tens of thousands of years ago? If the Noah story was even close to true, the present genetic diversity would be nil. There should be no blacks, no asians, no aborigines from Australia for instance. Another instance of reality flying in the face of the bible.
Do you ever, as a supposedly modern man, ever consider such evidence? The archeological record is pretty clear in the Americas, it took almost 20,000 years to go from Siberia to Terra Del Fuego and the DNA record bears that out. How can anyone in the 20th or 21st century consider the Noah story to be anything but allegory? For instance, suppose there was a real Noah and he built the arc and there was a flood, doesn't mean it was world-wide, the vast majority of evidence says there was no world wide flood, maybe lots of real wide spread floods, the grandaddy of them all, the flood that built the Med, a landbridge broke and there was the biggest flood in earth's history, a waterfall a thousand times as big as Niagra lasting for something like 100,000 years, all of this about 5 million years ago if I remember correctly. What I think is this, and of course what I am about to say is pure unadulterated speculation, freely admitted: I think there is a genetic memory that stores significant events from the past, for instance, 5 million years ago, there were primates, or proto-humans, whatever you want to call them, smaller brains than ours of course, maybe something only a bit bigger than a chimp, but they were around at that time and may have witnessed that incredible flood and it would have been such an emotional, scary event that it could have gotten imprinted in the genes and passed on for millions of years as a subconscious memory. I have no evidence to back this up, just that there is an awful lot of junk dna that APPEARS ATT not to be doing anything so I can safely attribute memory function to that dna till proven otherwise. I think that genetic memory explains a lot of what we percieve as myths, some real tale that got passed on genetically in our very genes. That's my story and I am sticking to itπŸ™‚