1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 14:05
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Why are you all wasting time talking about this little defeated snake? Christ has crushed the Devil and defeated him. All we need to do is remind the little snake that he has been vanquished by Christ.

I wonder about people who have morbid curiosity to talk about Satan. If they ignore him as a figment of some imagination, he is happy. But if they have a ...[text shortened]... tside. From the inside working out is the victory of Jesus over Satan.

You have to apply it.
    morbid fascination,eh? If Christ has defeated him then I, for one, am just tapping into that power and showing that one can talk about satan without anything bad happening.
    Gods eternal mercy will be extended to all entities. Satan included.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 14:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Actually he is very powerful Jaywill, i would not underestimate him, in the book of revelation he drags a third of the stars with him, John states that he is powerful, having dominion over the earth, Peter states he is alike a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone. My opinion is that he is a megalomaniac, desiring the worship that is rightly due to God.
    When did this turn into the 'computer game' forum?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 14:54
    Lol, its all there illustrious one, in black and white, has been for over two thousand years.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 16:575 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    morbid fascination,eh? If Christ has defeated him then I, for one, am just tapping into that power and showing that one can talk about satan without anything bad happening.
    Who said nothing bad was happening to you ?

(I am not sure what power you are talking about tapping into)

Lots of people with self destructive habbits like smoking, drinking, drug use (to use examples in the physical realm) figure that one more binge can't possibly be doing them any harm.

Maybe your assuming nothing bad is happening to you is just your abject ignorance.

I would go further. Not only could your
    "tapping into [Satanic?] that power" is having a destructive effect on you of which you are unaware, it could also have a destructive effect your children.

It may not be a matter of just bringing down negative spiritual consequences on you alone, but on your children for more than a generation.

====================================
    ============================

I read the Bible with a very opened mind, questioning traditional understandings, searching out the real truth. There's not one line I can remember that Satan can look forward to the benefit of any "eternal mercy".

This sounds to me just like your cynical ploy to slander Christ.

So "morbid fascination" still stands as my view, and particularly so for one foolishly involved in "tapping into that [Satanic] power". If that is what you meant.

If you meant something else, my remark is not relevant to you personally.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 17:31
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    As I said, it all depends on your definition. I believe the Bible mentions gods in various places, but then that is the English version translated from various other languages, so one would really have to look at the original, and decide whether it means something similar to what you mean by 'god' and whether or not Satan fits that definition.
    I rather s ...[text shortened]... oy Satan for that reason. I don't think that equates to seeing him as an 'alike'.
    Then why did he destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 18:102 edits
    Actually he is very powerful Jaywill, i would not underestimate him, in the book of revelation he drags a third of the stars with him, John states that he is powerful, having dominion over the earth, Peter states he is alike a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone. My opinion is that he is a megalomaniac, desiring the worship that is rightly due to God.
    ===============================
    Actually he is very powerful Jaywill,
    ================================

But Christ is more powerful as the Godman. Jesus as a man has overcome the ruler of this world, and he has nothing in Christ:

" ... for the ruler of the world is coming, and in Me he has nothing." (John 14:30)

Since Satan has absolutely nothing in Christ, in Christ we are totally safe. We are not safe standing in our own power against the Devil. We are safe being united with Christ.

Did you not also read "For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil." (1 John 3:8)

In the sphere and realm of the living Jesus the works of Satan are destroyed. So it is imparative that we believe into Christ and stand in Christ.

The real Christians have received Christ into them, and "You are of God, little children ... greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world." (See 1 John 4:4)

Do you know what will happen in your life if you begin to proclaim to Satan "Satan, Christ in me is greater than you."?

The Bible says that if we resist the Devil he will flee from us. The secret is firstly to believe into Christ, the resurrected Victor and Overcomer of the Devil. Then to abide in the realm of this indwelling Christ. Then the evil one cannot touch us because we are steadfastly abiding in the realm of the victorious Christ:

"We know that everyone who is begotten of God does not sin, but he who has been begotten of God keeps himself, and the evil one does not touch him." (1 John 5:18)

We need to be born of God. We need to be born again of the Spirit of Jesus Christ. Then we need to abide, walk, remain, linger in that realm. This is to keep oneself in the sphere of the resurrected Christ and the evil one does not touch us.

The word of God says that our innermost being, our human spirit, needs to be begotten of God. When it is it overcomes the world. Our regenerated spirit, indwelt by the Spirit of Jesus Christ overcomes the world:

"For everything that has been begotten of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory which has overcome the world - our faith." (1 John 5:4)

Our faith in our oneness with Christ overcomes Satan and overcomes the world:

"And who is he who overcomes the world except him who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 John 5:5)

I dare you to say "Lord Jesus, My Lord Jesus, You have overcome Satan and You have overcome the world!"

=============================
    i would not underestimate him, in the book of revelation he drags a third of the stars with him, John states that he is powerful,
    ==================================

In the same chapter it speaks of the overcomers who overcome the accuser of the Christian brothers by the blood of the Lamb, by the word of thier testimony, and by not loving their soul-life even unto death. In the same chapter the overcomers bring in the kingdom of God.

But you have been mistaught that these overcomers are angels and not men and women. So it is no wonder that you are still gripped by dread. The angels may be fighting on the behalf of Christian humans, but God sees this as the overcoming of the Christian humans.

There is a direct link between your not being taught about Christ the God-man and your continued dread of Satan. This is not an accident. This is what the enemy of God wants.

Not believing in the incarnation of God as a man who defeated Satan, plays into the hands of Satan. Why don't you instead praise God that the man Jesus has totally defeated Satan as the word of God says?

"Since therefore the children have shared in blood and flesh, He also Himself in like manner partook of the same, that through death He might destroy him who has the might of death, that is the devil,

And might release those who because of the fear of death through all their life were held in slavery." (Hebrews 2:14,15)

Christ is the God Who became flesh that through death He might destroy the Devil. What wisdom! Christ used Satan's own tool to destroy himself.

=========================================
    having dominion over the earth, Peter states he is alike a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone. My opinion is that he is a megalomaniac, desiring the worship that is rightly due to God.
    ===================================

Ask Satan to sit down and look at the blood of Jesus Christ for one half hour. Tell Satan all about how the death of Christ has redeemed us sinners for eternity. And tell Satan how the blood of Jesus shuts up his slandering and lying mouth. Tell Satan that a MAN is on the throne of this universe - Jesus the Son of God.

Then when he wants to flee away, tell him not so fast. Keep the creep there for a little longer telling him how he is going to be tormented for ever and ever. Tell Satan that a MAN has defeated a mighty angel. Tell him that Christ is the Firstborn Son of God and the many brothers are following this Firstborn Son of God into the glorious expression of the Divine Being.

And when the Firstborn comes again into the inhabited earth we will wrest the globe out of the hands of Satan and his hosts. And man, God-men, will reign with Christ over the earth.

"And when He brings again the Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says, And let all the angels of God worship Him." (Hebrews 1:6)

The future of the sons of God is glorious. The future of Satan and his hosts is miserable. So praise the Lord Jesus.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 18:31
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]===============================
    Actually he is very powerful Jaywill,
    ================================

But Christ is more powerful as the Godman. Jesus as a man has overcome the ruler of this world, and he has nothing in Christ:

" ... for the ruler of the world is coming, and in Me he has nothing." (John 14:30)

Sinc ...[text shortened]... The future of Satan and his hosts is miserable. So praise the Lord Jesus.[/b]
    and there i was, considering the words of the apostle Paul,

(1 Corinthians 10:12) . . .Consequently let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall. . .

complacency is not wise.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 18:51
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Then why did he destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?
    If I knew the answer to such questions I might take religion a bit more seriously - or not, depending on the answer. As it is, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it tends to be marketed as if it does. What I find most interesting is how many people act and talk as if they understand it all but once you ask a few searching questions they start dodging and turning like Satan is after them.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 19:05
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    In another thread I asked if Satan is a God. (Thread 118513) I got no replies.

If Satan is a God, then God is infact not the only god there is.

If Satan is not a God, then what is he? Why being so afraid of him? Then he has no power superior to God's, God can cruch him whenever He wants, Satan can do no harm. Worshipping Satan is futil ...[text shortened]... efinition wrong - "A god is a supernatural being with powers."
    If so, is there a better one?
    According to the Bible there are many gods, but there is only one True and living God.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 19:12
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    According to the Bible there are many gods, but there is only one True and living God.
    Good quote.....
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 19:21
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Good quote.....
    I see you have a Mustang.

I have a 2003 Mustang GT Black. I have had it sence OCt. of 2005.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 19:28
    Satan drove a Mustang in the film crossroads!
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 19:31
    Satan drove a Mustang in the film crossroads!
    i didnt see the movie.

But I think Satan owns cheve's.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 19:34
    i didnt see the movie.

But I think Satan owns cheve's.
    mmm, you could be right! there is no way he drives a European car, that's for sure!
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 19:48
    I see you have a Mustang.

I have a 2003 Mustang GT Black. I have had it sence OCt. of 2005.
    Well I did but had to cut back on expensives. 🙁 It was my 5th so I'll get another one soon I hope... This one was a 01' Cobra.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree