Satan - a God?

Satan - a God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
02 Sep 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
In another thread I asked if Satan is a God. (Thread 118513) I got no replies.

If Satan is a God, then God is infact not the only god there is.

If Satan is not a God, then what is he? Why being so afraid of him? Then he has no power superior to God's, God can cruch him whenever He wants, Satan can do no harm. Worshipping Satan is futil ...[text shortened]... efinition wrong - "A god is a supernatural being with powers."
If so, is there a better one?
the Supernatural Being conceived as The Perfect and Omnipotent and Omniscient Originator and Ruler of the universe.

There is only One God,

Satan is a fallen angel, you shouldn't really be scared of him, of course if he beats you up every night, you can understand WHY anyone would be afraid of him...

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Sep 09

Originally posted by jaywill
Who said nothing bad was happening to you ?

(I am not sure what power you are talking about tapping into)

Lots of people with self destructive habbits like smoking, drinking, drug use (to use examples in the physical realm) figure that one more binge can't possibly be doing them any harm.

Maybe your assuming nothing bad is happening to you is ju ...[text shortened]... u meant.

If you meant something else, my remark is not relevant to you personally.
Nice Jaywill.. Seems we agree on a lot.

My atittude towards drinking and smoking is one of 'diluting' my habits. I do not binge.

Just cause 'eternal mercy' is not in the bible doesn't mean its not true.

I have no cynical ploy to slander Christ, though I may come across that way. I reckon I'm pretty open and forthright about what I believe, as you also appear to be...

I never said nothing about tapping into 'satanic' power . please dont put words into my mouth.

Hows that? You think you can respond to that without refferring to Jesus just once? Or is it Satanic of me to ask for that?

j

Moves
07 Sep 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Nice Jaywill.. Seems we agree on a lot.

My atittude towards drinking and smoking is one of 'diluting' my habits. I do not binge.

Just cause 'eternal mercy' is not in the bible doesn't mean its not true.

I have no cynical ploy to slander Christ, though I may come across that way. I reckon I'm pretty open and forthright about what I believe, as ...[text shortened]... d to that without refferring to Jesus just once? Or is it Satanic of me to ask for that?
=============================
Hows that? You think you can respond to that without refferring to Jesus just once? Or is it Satanic of me to ask for that?
===================================

I probably on the Spirituality Forum, will refer to Jesus every chance I get.

If you catch me on one of the other Forums I might not mention Jesus.

Now, I don't recall what we were talking about. However "His mercy undures forever" is a line repeated in one of the Psalms. So that comes pretty close to the phrase "eternal mercy," whereby I would correct myself if I said that was not a term in the Bible.

Oh, I did mention that I could have misunderstood you about the tapping into power thing. So I gave you a heads up that if I was misunderstanding you my whole reply was irrelevant.

I'm a little lazy tonight, so excuse me for not revisiting whatever it was we were talking about. I do recall that you are the one not interested in being saved, or not interested in being "saved" Christian style or something or other.

I'm an unrepentent evangelist. So I'll just stay out of your way.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
07 Sep 09
2 edits

Satan is a god to those who let him be.
James 4:7

7Submit therefore to God Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

I agree with Jay Will the Devil's power was broken however there is another scripture that says woe to those who dwell on the earth for the Devil has been thrown down to the earth and is full of wrath because he knows his time is short!

Manny

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Sep 09

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]=============================
===================================

I probably on the Spirituality Forum, will refer to Jesus every chance I get.

If you catch me on one of the other Forums I might not mention ...[text shortened]... hing or other.

I'm an unrepentent evangelist. So I'll just stay out of your way.[/b]
Thank you for the response Jaywill. I really dont mind if you ignore my requests. You dont need to stay out of my way, I mean you no harm. I am also aware of the saying "Idle hands are the devils plaything" , which seems to fit in loosly with some of your views,(no?)

And please remember, I too think Jesus was a great man, even a 'king of kings'. I just think there are other great spiritual teachers in our illustrious Earth history , and the repitition of Jesus and his message seems to get weaker and weaker for me the more it is repeated.
But dont change,(I'm sure you wont), keeping in mind that change is the only thing we can be certain of. 🙂
(I do enjoy a lot of your posts, keep that in mind.)

Wisconsin

Moves
07 Sep 09

In another thread I asked if Satan is a God. (Thread 118513) I got no replies.

If Satan is a God, then God is infact not the only god there is.

If Satan is not a God, then what is he? Why being so afraid of him? Then he has no power superior to God's, God can cruch him whenever He wants, Satan can do no harm. Worshipping Satan is futil ...[text shortened]... efinition wrong - "A god is a supernatural being with powers."
If so, is there a better one?
Satan is not a God, he was created by God. He is a fallen angel. God gave all beings a free will, humans and angels. Saten chose evil and he took with him a third of all the angels with him. His name was lucifer before he turned to evil. Lucifer means morning light he was the most beutifull angel God created but in his pride he fell and then God cast him out of heaven. Now he is the father of lies and is here to decieve as many people as possible. Do not fear Satan, fear God only.

F

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by Gary Weaver
Satan is not a God, he was created by God. He is a fallen angel. God gave all beings a free will, humans and angels. Saten chose evil and he took with him a third of all the angels with him. His name was lucifer before he turned to evil. Lucifer means morning light he was the most beutifull angel God created but in his pride he fell and then God cast him ...[text shortened]... her of lies and is here to decieve as many people as possible. Do not fear Satan, fear God only.
Interesting! Have you read this in the bible? Where...?

Wisconsin

Moves
08 Sep 09

Yes, in Isiaih 14:11-14 he talks about Lucifer being the morning star.
The angels in heaven are sometimes refered to as stars. Satan also is called by many names serpent, dragon,demon and father of lies and many other names. In John 8:44 he is called the father of lies. In Genesis 3: 1-15 he lied to Eve and was called a serpant. In revelation 12: 3-5 and 8-10 it talks about a third of the stars (angels) being cast down with satan and in 8-10 it names some of his names that dragon the serpant called the devil or satan. There are many other passages in the bible that talk about Satan, these are only a few. I have studied and searched the bible for many years. I also belong to a prayer chain that has many members that are very Knowledgeable about the bible and spiritual matters. We have a web site if you care to know more at www.prayerchaininternational.org .

d

Moves
08 Sep 09

It's true.

F

Moves
09 Sep 09

Originally posted by daniel58
It's true.
Yes, I know, that's your opinion. From where do you back it up?

F

Moves
09 Sep 09

Originally posted by Gary Weaver
Yes, in Isiaih 14:11-14 he talks about Lucifer being the morning star.
The angels in heaven are sometimes refered to as stars. Satan also is called by many names serpent, dragon,demon and father of lies and many other names. In John 8:44 he is called the father of lies. In Genesis 3: 1-15 he lied to Eve and was called a serpant. In revelation 12: 3-5 an ...[text shortened]... itual matters. We have a web site if you care to know more at www.prayerchaininternational.org .
So by these fragments you trickle a legend so detailed?
Where in the bible can I read the legend in it's entirety?

d

Moves
09 Sep 09

Yes, I know, that's your opinion. From where do you back it up?
http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-religion/fall-grace-lucifer-4991.html

F

Moves
09 Sep 09
1 edit

Originally posted by daniel58
You mean, you don't have any opinion of your own?
So very christian of you!

d

Moves
09 Sep 09

You mean, you don't have any opinion of your own?
So very christian of you!
This is my opinion;

Wisconsin

Moves
09 Sep 09

So by these fragments you trickle a legend so detailed?
Where in the bible can I read the legend in it's entirety?
This story is pieced together from many passages in the bible, there is no one place thet tells the story of satan from beginning to end. The best advise I can give you is to search the bible and ask other faith based Christians.
The whole bible tells the story of salvation. In the big picture Satan plays a very small role. I would Concentrate on who Jesus is first.