1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 06:25
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [bPrior to making the conscious decision for the latter, he and the woman spent every day for an undetermined amount of time enjoying the company of one another, of God and of all the bounty of the rest of the Garden.
    Paradise.
    .[/b]
    Poor Adam.
    Whenever I'm in the garden with my wife she complains about the flying insects.
    Couldn't put up with that every day.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 06:58
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you are saying that God made eve look sexy purely for his own enjoyment? And those reproductive parts were only added later? Or are you saying we would still be having sex but not know how good it feels?
    If I understand well, if Adam and Eve hadn't sinned, they would've lived happily in the garden forever without the need to pro-create and the rest of humanity would have never come into existence.

I'm pretty sure that is what Grampy Booby believes.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 10:191 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    They don't realise they are naked until after eating the apple, it's how they're found out.
    They didn't think it was wrong until they ate the apple. That doesn't mean they didn't like seeing each other naked. Animals get attracted to each others nakedness and they didn't eat the apple.

The wearing of clothes is actually only necessary when humans live in large groups with strangers and you don't want to give the wrong signals.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 10:24
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    I think creating the talking snake was a mistake.
    An interesting point also related to the "did God create evil" thread.

However I think there is evidence in the Bible to suggest that the creature was created with legs and with an affinity between it and the woman.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 10:25
    They didn't think it was wrong until they ate the apple. That doesn't mean they didn't like seeing each other naked. Animals get attracted to each others nakedness and they didn't eat the apple.

The wearing of clothes is actually only necessary when humans live in large groups with strangers and you don't want to give the wrong signals.
    The text says that they saw that they were naked. I think it is written as their eyes were opened and they saw (perceived) that they were naked.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 11:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The text says that they saw that they were naked. I think it is written as their eyes were opened and they saw (perceived) that they were naked.
    Which basically means they recognised nakedness as being wrong.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 13:37
    Which basically means they recognised nakedness as being wrong.
    Yes, after perceiving (seeing) that they were naked, they then used their newly acquired knowledge of good and evil to decide that being naked was wrong.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 13:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yes, after perceiving (seeing) that they were naked, they then used their newly acquired knowledge of good and evil to decide that being naked was wrong.
    No, I do not think that is what it means. Its kind of obvious that you are naked when you are naked. Its not like they would not be able to see each other. What they perceived after they ate the apple was that nakedness was wrong.
    Think of it like this: a one year old child will know perfectly well when they are naked and when someone else is naked. They will be able to perceive it. They will not be bothered by it or see it as morally wrong until they grow up a bit.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 13:59
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    If I understand well, if Adam and Eve hadn't sinned, they would've lived happily in the garden forever without the need to pro-create and the rest of humanity would have never come into existence.

I'm pretty sure that is what Grampy Booby believes.
    But did they have the parts to procreate, or were those added later? If they had them, then God clearly knew what would happen and planned ahead. He took the time to give them special reproductive parts but didn't bother to put a fence around the apple tree.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 14:00
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Poor Adam.
    Don't worry, even the mosquitoes were vegetarians back then.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 14:05
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]God wanted to keep humans in an animal-like state, without the ability to determine right and wrong (basically, free will).
    God made man in His image; among other 'ins' was the 'in' of free will.
    Man was given free will to choose between two systems: the one he was created into, Life, and the one he was tricked/pussy-whipped into, the ...[text shortened]... sed Satan's deceit to bring salvation to all mankind.

At least, for those who are interested.[/b]
    Well said.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 14:08
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Poor Adam.
    Much of this came with the curse.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 14:44
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Much of this came with the curse.
    How annoying insects are, or insects themselves?
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 10:31
    But did they have the parts to procreate, or were those added later? If they had them, then God clearly knew what would happen and planned ahead. He took the time to give them special reproductive parts but didn't bother to put a fence around the apple tree.
    Well, as you know, I am an atheist and as baffled by the mindnumbingly lack of logic present here as you are.

But luckily there are many people here who do believe in the story of Adam and Eve, so perhaps they could shine some light into out blackened eyes.

Divegeester?
    Suzi?
    Sonship?
    Old Fossil?
    RJ?
    RBHill?
    Whodey?
    Joseph?
    KellyJay?
    checkbaiter?
    Jesus?

Please explain, if you will.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 11:06
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Well, as you know, I am an atheist and as baffled by the mindnumbingly lack of logic present here as you are.

But luckily there are many people here who do believe in the story of Adam and Eve, so perhaps they could shine some light into out blackened eyes.

Divegeester?
    Suzi?
    Sonship?
    Old Fossil?
    RJ?
    RBHill?
    Whodey?
    Joseph?
    KellyJay?
    checkbaiter?
    Jesus?

Please explain, if you will.
    What are you confused about? There were no flaws in the human gene pool they could
    have procreated without issues.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree