1. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 02:27
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I don't understand what this has to do with your original question.
    Herod was looking to Kill Jesus.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 02:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Herod was looking to Kill Jesus.
    So what. That was Herod.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 03:07
    So what. That was Herod.
    My question was about the star and who was behind it leading the astrologers to Herod. The accepted Christmas story was that it was being used to bring them to Jesus to give presents, but that was not the case.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 04:11
    Originally posted by galveston75
    My question was about the star and who was behind it leading the astrologers to Herod. The accepted Christmas story was that it was being used to bring them to Jesus to give presents, but that was not the case.
    You're funny. They weren't astrologers. If anything they were astronomers.

The Bible says it was "His star" (Jesus'😉, and that's all. Speculate all you want.

The Bible says they were wise men from the east. Probably a remnant of Jews from Babylon who were descendants of those taken into captivity by Nebuchadnezzar.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 04:18
    They brought gifts, not presents. 🙄
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 04:421 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Yes.

When Satan realized that God had become a man he thought - "Well if he is now a man I'll just KILL him."

In doing so he sealed his own fate terribly. And he afforded God a way to accomplish His eternal redemption.

Satan killing of Christ also afforded Christ a way to release His life into others that He could be multiplied:

"Truly, tr
    If Satan can just keep man APART from God as his life he can forestall his execution.
    Rarely do I see such license taken with the English language. I assume you do that with much of the rest of the Bible, too?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 04:55
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Rarely do I see such license taken with the English language. I assume you do that with much of the rest of the Bible, too?
    Why be crafty? If you disagree with jaywill then with the Bible prove he is wrong.
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 05:00
    Originally posted by josephw
    Why be crafty? If you disagree with jaywill then with the Bible prove he is wrong.
    One cannot prove a falsehood. The Bible does not state that Satan tries to kill Jesus, does not imply that Satan tries to kill Jesus; thus, jaywill takes tremendous liberties with the English language in a failed attempt to demonstrate otherwise. It isn't there.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 05:09
    One cannot prove a falsehood. The Bible does not state that Satan tries to kill Jesus, does not imply that Satan tries to kill Jesus; thus, jaywill takes tremendous liberties with the English language in a failed attempt to demonstrate otherwise. It isn't there.
    Ah! But you are mistaken.

Satan was behind every attempt to kill Jesus, (consider Herod killing all those babies), but throughout the old testament he(Satan) tried to destroy the bloodline through which the Messiah would come. Beginning with Able.
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 05:201 edit
    Ah! But you are mistaken.

Satan was behind every attempt to kill Jesus, (consider Herod killing all those babies), but throughout the old testament he(Satan) tried to destroy the bloodline through which the Messiah would come. Beginning with Able.
    No, I am not mistaken. All Satan would have had to do is kill Jesus when they met, case closed. Nowhere in the Bible does it imply that Satan is behind any attempt to kill Jesus. This is a case of you imposing your perspective upon what you claim to be The Word.

I'd have a guess that Satan is behind that. How dare you distort the Bible to your own ends!!
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 07:09
    You're funny. They weren't astrologers. If anything they were astronomers.

The Bible says it was "His star" (Jesus'😉, and that's all. Speculate all you want.

The Bible says they were wise men from the east. Probably a remnant of Jews from Babylon who were descendants of those taken into captivity by Nebuchadnezzar.
    From Wikipedia:
    Description
    The Magi are popularly referred to as wise men and kings. The word Magi is a Latinization of the plural of the Greek word magos (μαγος pl. μαγο&#953😉, itself from Old Persian maguŝ from the Avestan magâunô, i.e. the religious caste in which Zoroaster was born into, (see Yasna 33.7:' ýâ sruyê parê magâunô ' = ' so I can be heard beyond Magi '😉. The term refers to the priestly caste of Zoroastrianism.[3] As part of their religion, these priests paid particular attention to the stars, and gained an international reputation for astrology, which was at that time highly regarded as a science. Their religious practices and use of astrology caused derivatives of the term Magi to be applied to the occult in general and led to the English term magic. Translated in the King James Version as wise men, the same word is given as sorcerer and sorcery when describing "Elymas the sorcerer" in Acts 13:6-11, and Simon Magus, considered a heretic by the early Church, in Acts 8:9-13.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 07:171 edit
    No, I am not mistaken. All Satan would have had to do is kill Jesus when they met, case closed. Nowhere in the Bible does it imply that Satan is behind any attempt to kill Jesus. This is a case of you imposing your perspective upon what you claim to be The Word.

I'd have a guess that Satan is behind that. How dare you distort the Bible to your own ends!!
    Satan could not have'd killed Jesus if he had tried when he approached him to tempt him in the wilderness. Jesus was a man but had the ability to call for angelic help at anytime he might need it. Example: Matt 26:51-53.
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 07:30
    Satan could not have'd killed Jesus if he had tried when he approached him to tempt him in the wilderness. Jesus was a man but had the ability to call for angelic help at anytime he might need it. Example: Matt 26:51-53.
    The temptation in the wilderness serves as the backdrop to the very beginning of Jesus' ministry. It serves as Jesus' initiation into everything that follows. So, as I said earlier, Satan was actually helping Jesus.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 08:12
    The temptation in the wilderness serves as the backdrop to the very beginning of Jesus' ministry. It serves as Jesus' initiation into everything that follows. So, as I said earlier, Satan was actually helping Jesus.
    Don't think so as nothing in those scriptures points to that at all. I don't believe there are any scriptures in the Bible that says Satan is "purposely" helping God in anyway. But Satan by his actions and God knowing what those would be in a given situation, Satan would act or react as God could foresee.
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 08:23
    Don't think so as nothing in those scriptures points to that at all. I don't believe there are any scriptures in the Bible that says Satan is "purposely" helping God in anyway. But Satan by his actions and God knowing what those would be in a given situation, Satan would act or react as God could foresee.
    Well, if you're so damn smart about all this, why can't you answer the original question in this thread?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree