Satan's Priority One

Satan's Priority One

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Jan 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59

I'm far away from being the brightest one on these forums but your idiotic questions are easily answerable.

1. What came first - the chicken, or the egg?
The egg. All chickens come from eggs. But not all eggs come from chickens.

2. If you keep on travelling east, when will you reach the east? And what will lie east of you then?
(east is re ...[text shortened]... . When we 'feel' Love, which part of our body 'feels' it?
dont you remember gramps?
"... your idiotic questions."

They're not mine, WG. Simply tried to provide a little stray grist for JS' Mill.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
05 Jan 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Satan's Priority One

Satan's Priority One is to pervert God's love in the minds of men and women. He does so to perpetuate the age old question, 'How can God be so unfair as to condemn and sentence anyone to an eternal lake of fire?' Some say that Scripture reveals the answer to this otherwise unanswerable question. What say you?
.[/b]
Jesus warns us about Satan.... "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep." (John 10:10-11) KJV

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jan 13

[b]Unanswerable Questions (Questions from the World of Science and Philosophy):

1. What came first - the chicken, or the egg?

2. If you keep on travelling east, when will you reach the east? And what will lie east of you then?
(east is replaceable with west / north / south)

3. What was there before the 'big bang'?

4. Where were you ...[text shortened]... ng the Unanswerable, Making Sense
of the Nonsensical, and Solving the Unsolvable)
.[/b]
This is from a friend..

WHO CREATED GOD?
It is easy to make an argument for God’s existence from a cosmological standpoint. As the years have gone by, a growing amount of scientific data has accumulated which negates atheistic assumptions about how matter and the cosmos came into existence and how it has arrived at its present condition.

One question which inevitably comes up in a discussion of this nature is what the origin of God is? If God created matter and energy and designed the systems that have propelled matter into its present arrangement, who or what accomplished that for God? Why is it any more reasonable to believe that God has always been than it is to say that matter has always been? As Carl Sagan has said, “If we say that God has always been, why not save a step and conclude that the universe has always been?” (Carl Sagan, Cosmos, [New York: Random House, Inc., 1980], p. 257).

From a purely scientific standpoint, it is easy to demonstrate that matter cannot be eternal in nature. The universe is expanding from what appears to be a beginning point in space and time, which appears to be a one time event. Hydrogen is the basic fuel of the cosmos, powering all stars and other energy sources in space. If the fuel of the universe has been used eternally, that fuel will eventually be depleted; but the evidence is that the cosmological gas gauge, while moving toward “empty,” is yet a long way from being there—a condition incompatible with an eternal universe.

The second law of thermodynamics insists that the cosmos is moving toward a condition of disorder, sometimes referred to as “heat death.” Even in an oscillating universe, things ultimately run out of energy and “die.” All of these evidences, and several others we have not made reference to, show that matter cannot be eternal, as Dr. Sagan and his associates would like to believe. However, this does not mean that we automatically accept the hypothesis that God is the Creator. Why is it not equally invalid to suggest that God has always been?

The problem here is that many people have a mistaken concept of God. If we conceive of God as physical, anthropomorphic (like man) being, the question of God’s origin is valid. However, such a concept of God is alien to the Bible and to common sense.

The descriptions and concepts of God given in scripture are that God is a spiritual entity. He exists outside of the three-dimensional physical world in which we live. Not only is God described as being outside space, but He is also described as being outside of time.

If God is a being that is unlimited in time, and if He has access to every piece of time as if it were now, the question of who created God is an invalid question. The problem is like asking a student to draw a four-sided triangle. The terminology is self-contradictory.

When asked “Who or what created God?” we are making the assumption that God was created. If God exists outside of time and space, and if He is the Creator of time and space, He obviously was not created! God began the beginning! This is why He says, “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last”

God created time. The statement of Genesis, “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth,” is making reference to the creation of time. The reason that things like heat death, the expansion of the universe, and the depletion of hydrogen do not apply to God is because He is outside of time. God has always been. He did things before time began He not only began time; He will also end it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jan 13

[b]Satan's Priority One

Satan's Priority One is to pervert God's love in the minds of men and women. He does so to perpetuate the age old question, 'How can God be so unfair as to condemn and sentence anyone to an eternal lake of fire?' Some say that Scripture reveals the answer to this otherwise unanswerable question. What say you?
.[/b]
I think before Satan has this as a priority he first gets man to question that God has said ANYTHING at all in the first place.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
05 Jan 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
[b]... The terminology is self-contradictory.

... God has always been. He did things before time began [b]
I'm quite happy with your argument that God has no creator because he has always been. (Its the same argument that atheists use for the Universe not requiring a creator)
BUT
You cannot use logic and science in an argument and then use the phrase
"before time began"
its self-contradictory

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
05 Jan 13

This is from a friend..

WHO CREATED GOD?
It is easy to make an argument for God’s existence from a cosmological standpoint. As the years have gone by, a growing amount of scientific data has accumulated which negates atheistic assumptions about how matter and the cosmos came into existence and how it has arrived at its present condition.

One quest ...[text shortened]... od has always been. He did things before time began He not only began time; He will also end it.
... a growing amount of scientific data has accumulated which negates atheistic assumptions about how matter and the cosmos came into existence...

Could you list any 'scientific data' which 'negates "atheistic" assumptions' in this regard? Because so far you haven't, and I don't think you can. Tell you what, I'll make it easier for you. Firstly, give us just one "atheistic assumption" about the origin of matter and the universe, then reference a single scientific paper which negates that assumption.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
06 Jan 13

Originally posted by Agerg
Others say that big old lakes of fire housing flammable souls (equipped with pain receptors) that will wail and gnash their (soul!) teeth for ever and ever and ever and ... ever ...

don't exist! 😵
Who's others?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Jan 13

Originally posted by sonship

I think before Satan has this as a priority he first gets man to question that God has said ANYTHING at all in the first place.
Satan, "Trust me".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jan 13

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
... a growing amount of scientific data has accumulated which negates atheistic assumptions about how matter and the cosmos came into existence...

Could you list any 'scientific data' which 'negates "atheistic" assumptions' in this regard? Because so far you haven't, and I don't think you can. Tell you what, I'll make it easi ...[text shortened]... the universe, then reference a single scientific paper which negates that assumption.
No, as I stated this was from a friend. I do not have the scientific background to argue and articulate what you seek. I did find an interesting site but you probably are not interested. But here it is anyway..

It is entitled "The case against Evolution" ...you might find the answer there..

http://www.the-highway.com/against-evolution_Morris.html

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Jan 13

Preoccupation with Cyberspace, the Internet and Red Hot Pawn goes only so far... then, comes God.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Jan 13

No, as I stated this was from a friend. I do not have the scientific background to argue
I have a friend too.
He sent me this;
Theologians have discovered indisputable proof that no deity
exists. Previously the knowledge was held only by the Vatican
but it has been leaked to the JWs and Mormons who are now
arguing over who found out first.

indisputable proof that means you cannot dispute it because its indisputable

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
06 Jan 13

No, as I stated this was from a friend. I do not have the scientific background to argue and articulate what you seek. I did find an interesting site but you probably are not interested. But here it is anyway..

It is entitled "The case against Evolution" ...you might find the answer there..

http://www.the-highway.com/against-evolution_Morris.html
I did glance briefly at the creationist site you referenced, but finding that the article in question is a chapter from a book published in 1963 overly taxed my ability to consider the potential pertinence of any information contained therein.

Here's a link for you:

http://tinyurl.com/aheonz9

It's a google search listing over 2 million results for scholarly publications attesting to the genetic basis for evolution, all of which post-date "The Case Against Evolution" by your man, Morris, and all of which have the benefit of some, much, most or all of the truly amazing advances in genetic science not available to Morris prior to his publication.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Jan 13

Originally posted by sonship

http://www.alwaysbeready.com/index.php?id=135&option=com_content&task=view

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
06 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by RBHILL
Who's others?
RBHILL, this post is one of those rare exceptions to the rule I have which states that when we have need to refer to RBHILL (usually to conjure up the image of a poster who most of us would laugh at, or pity), we should only talk about RBHILL, and not to him. Cheerio! 🙂

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Jan 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
I have a friend too.
He sent me this;
Theologians have discovered indisputable proof that no deity
exists. Previously the knowledge was held only by the Vatican
but it has been leaked to the JWs and Mormons who are now
arguing over who found out first.

[b]indisputable proof
that means you cannot dispute it because its indisputable[/b]
Your friend has a really loose definition of proof.