1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 02:28
    Satan's Priority One

Satan's Priority One is to pervert God's love in the minds of men and women. He does so to perpetuate the age old question, 'How can God be so unfair as to condemn and sentence anyone to an eternal lake of fire?' Some say that Scripture reveals the answer to this otherwise unanswerable question. What say you?
    .[/b]
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 03:19
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Satan's Priority One is to pervert God's love in the minds of men and women. He does so to perpetuate the age old question, 'How can God be so unfair as to condemn and sentence anyone to an eternal lake of fire?' Some say that Scripture reveals the answer to this otherwise unanswerable question. What say you?
    [/b]
    What makes you think anyone will be condemned and sentenced to "an eternal lake of fire"?
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 05:32
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There is no such thing as an "eternal" lake of fire. Created things have a beginning and an end and therefore cannot be eternal.
    Not true, the hot air emanating from this forum alone can heat the fourth level of Hell for half an eternity. 😕
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 06:001 edit
    "I'll just ask you. Is there any reason why anyone should believe your claims that people will be condemned and sentenced to "an eternal lake of fire"?

In His awesome glory, God can never compromise any of the attributes of His character. Couldn't. If He did, he wouldn't be God. Therefore, His righteousness and justice (or standards of fairness) cannot dence that it has happened to anyone, anywhere, at any time, ever?"

Empirical, no.
    .[/b]
    "I'll just ask you. Is there any reason why anyone should believe your claims that people will be condemned and sentenced to "an eternal lake of fire"? Originally posted by FMF

In His awesome glory, God can never compromise any of the attributes of His character. Couldn't. If He did, he wouldn't be God. Therefore, His righteousness and justice (or standards of fairness) cannot be altered in order to deal with imperfect creatures... solely out of love.

"Do you have any evidence that it has happened to anyone, anywhere, at any time, ever?"

Empirical, no.
    .[/b]
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 11:30
    [b]"I'll just ask you. Is there any reason why anyone should believe your claims that people will be condemned and sentenced to "an eternal lake of fire"? Originally posted by FMF

In His awesome glory, God can never compromise any of the attributes of His character. Couldn't. If He did, he wouldn't be God. Therefore, His righteousness and justice ...[text shortened]... at it has happened to anyone, anywhere, at any time, ever?"[/b]

Empirical, no.
    .[/b][/b]
    If you have no evidence then you have no reason for anyone to believe your claims. period.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 13:12
    The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
    And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

(Revelation 20:10,12-14 NKJV)

Everlasting destruction means a destruction that lasts forever and not total annihilation. If we assume that everlasting destruction means the wicked is annihilated, as do the Jehovah's Witnesses, then the wicked can not be "TORMENTED DAY AND NIGHT FOR EVER AND EVER" as stated in the scripture above.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 06:46
    Originally posted by googlefudge

If you have no evidence then you have no reason for anyone to believe your claims. period.
    Guess you're the Judge and Bailiff and Jury, GF.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 09:18
    Guess you're the Judge and Bailiff and Jury, GF.
    If not GF then who?
    Your reply seems to indicate scorn on his objective response.
    Who is qualified to judge your unsubstantiated claims???
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 10:48
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

If not GF then who?
    Your reply seems to indicate scorn on his objective response.
    Who is qualified to judge your unsubstantiated claims???
    ... or yours?
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 18:43
    ... or yours?
    1. I am not making unsubstantiated claims.

2. I am not complaining about being judged.

3. Act your age!
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 18:58
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    1. I am not making unsubstantiated claims.

2. I am not complaining about being judged.

3. Act your age!
    Rational thought and relaxed conversation are still impossible when one or more within the circle insist on emotional tantrums and personality attack.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 19:42
    Rational thought and relaxed conversation are still impossible when one or more within the circle insist on emotional tantrums and personality attack.
    More random words thrown into the air.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree