1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 22:04
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Then I would say no.
    No to what? Please try to be a bit more coherent?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 22:05
    Who do you think he is?
    You are not talking about who he is, you have been describing what he is.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 22:13
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    How do you know? What do you gauge against?
    my apologies, i thought you were asking if a knew the literal difference between a lie and truth. you meant - can i tell if im being told the truth or a lie. the answer to that is yes and no. sometimes i can sometimes i cant, depending on the skill of the liar.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 22:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You are not talking about who he is, you have been describing what he is.
    All right what are your thoughts on what he is?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 22:31
    He is not sovereign
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 22:59
    I was on my Iphone so please forgive the short responses. If the question on yes or no is God Sovereign?. I will have to say no, he is not sovereign over the earth since he gave that authority to Adam, who in turn gave it to Satan.
    Who wins the war? God of course, then he will again be sovereign over the earth.
    My question to you, is what do you think Satan's role is. You call yourself a Christian so you must at least believe he exist's no?
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 03:18
    Well, I happen to like the side of the fence I am sitting on, than yours...
    Hope this helps....🙂
    yeah, you get to play lets-pretend and too few people are prepared to stand up and call you out on it given you are an adult, and really ought to know better! 😵
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 03:55
    Originally posted by Agerg
    yeah, you get to play lets-pretend and too few people are prepared to stand up and call you out on it given you are an adult, and really ought to know better! 😵
    Ironically, you are the one with limited knowledge. You cannot know real truth from within yourself, you need an irrefutable outside source which is holy spirit.
    God/Wisdom cry out to you and many like you, yet you refuse to hear.
    God freely gave his only son for the sins of every one in the world, all you need is to humble yourself, admit you don't really know anything, and make him Lord. He will come and make his abode with you, teach you, comfort you and love you.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 14:481 edit
    I was on my Iphone so please forgive the short responses. If the question on yes or no is God Sovereign?. I will have to say no, he is not sovereign over the earth since he gave that authority to Adam, who in turn gave it to Satan.
    Who wins the war? God of course, then he will again be sovereign over the earth.
    My question to you, is what do you think Satan's role is. You call yourself a Christian so you must at least believe he exist's no?
    I only know what is revealed in scripture and that it doesn't say he is a brilliant mad scientist. It does talk about him being the father of lies, the accuser (before God), an angel of light (appears as), the prince of this earth etc. He does not operate alone remember as I believe a third of the host rebelled with him - that's quite a lot considering who they must have realised they were taking on but it's more likely representative of Satan's ability to deceive.

I believe God is absolutely sovereign over all things at all times, he is responsible for everything that happens and that has happened; some of which I would like to reason with him about. To go through life as a Christian believing Satan is sovereign over this earth is not something I've ever remotely considered as there is no evidence for it in scripture. In several cases the Devil asks permission of God (i.e. Job) but he does "contend" with the other archangels.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 15:20
    I only know what is revealed in scripture and that it doesn't say he is a brilliant mad scientist. It does talk about him being the father of lies, the accuser (before God), an angel of light (appears as), the prince of this earth etc. He does not operate alone remember as I believe a third of the host rebelled with him - that's quite a lot considering ...[text shortened]... Devil asks permission of God (i.e. Job) but he does "contend" with the other archangels.
    When i said he is like a brilliant mad scientist, I did not say it was in scripture, it was figuratively speaking, since he rebelled against God. How foolish was that?
    As for your other comments about God being in total control of all that happens, it would behoove you to read here...
    http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=368
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 15:34
    Ironically, you are the one with limited knowledge. You cannot know real truth from within yourself, you need an irrefutable outside source which is holy spirit.
    God/Wisdom cry out to you and many like you, yet you refuse to hear.
    God freely gave his only son for the sins of every one in the world, all you need is to humble yourself, admit you don' ...[text shortened]... d make him Lord. He will come and make his abode with you, teach you, comfort you and love you.
    Well actually on this issue I am more knowledgeable than yourself because though I do not know for absolute mathematical certainty I will not be licking strawberry spiral lollipops, in fields of dancing sunflowers, and chirping bluebirds on permanently sunny days when the functionality of my physical body here in the real world expires - I do know that such delights will not be doled out by the god you believe in. Indeed the teaching, comfort and love you derive from your god is sourced entirely from your imagination.

- There is no Satan, there is no silly old battle between Satan and God, and "sin" is just a pointless concept defined entirely in terms of what your imaginary friend doesn't like (who did not freely give "h"is only son for anything)
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 15:43
    Ha ha. I'd like to see some claims from one of those irrefutable sources. Care to list some? I bet I can refute some of them.
    I could certainly refute your claim that I cannot know real truth from within myself. Did you get that from an outside source, or did you make it up? I sure hope it didn't come from within yourself or it could not be a real truth could it?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 20:08
    As for your other comments about God being in total control of all that happens, it would behoove you to read here...
    http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=368
    What part of your life to you think God is in control of and what parts are Satan in control of?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 21:481 edit
    What part of your life to you think God is in control of and what parts are Satan in control of?
    None. I do however yield to Jesus Christ. Anything Satan controls is by deception, and I need the Lord to reveal it to me.
    God does not control people, He gave us freedom of will.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 22:21
    None. I do however yield to Jesus Christ. Anything Satan controls is by deception, and I need the Lord to reveal it to me.
    God does not control people, He gave us freedom of will.
    Ok, so neither God nor Satan control any part of your life, so why does it matter?

What part of the Earth/creation does God control (if any) and what part does Satan control?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree