Satan's role

Satan's role

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 13

Many people including many Christians blame God for all that happens. They believe God is responsible for death, destruction (Insurance companies call them "Acts of God"😉. My question is, what is Satan's role? Is he a puppet controlled by God?
Or is there a great spiritual battle going on unseen by human eyes, unless God is willing to allow some to see?

http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=364

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
30 Mar 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Many people including many Christians blame God for all that happens. They believe God is responsible for death, destruction (Insurance companies call them "Acts of God"😉. My question is, what is Satan's role? Is he a puppet controlled by God?
Or is there a great spiritual battle going on unseen by human eyes, unless God is willing to allow some to see?

Thumbs up.

F

Moves
30 Mar 13
1 edit

[I]s there a great spiritual battle going on unseen by human eyes, unless God is willing to allow some to see?
Why would the God figure in your convoluted scenario not be "willing" to allow all to see? It sounds like the misanthropic or anti-social behaviour of an imperfect human.

Indeed, it sounds like a concoction of human imagination rather than something spiritual.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
30 Mar 13

Any and all activities are by the direct will of whatever supreme being you hold to be in charge of the Universe. Satan, as your belief system holds, is god's creation, his minion, his agent, his slave. Unless you believe that your god is not the superior force in the Universe.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Mar 13

I assume you can see. So can you tell us who is winning?
Is it possible that some of the victims in the war are civilian casualties from attacks by the 'forces of good'?
Any victims of friendly fire?
Why can't Satan and God take their war somewhere else and stop bothering us?

Moves
30 Mar 13

I take it you don't believe in the sovereignty of God then?

Moves
30 Mar 13

what would happen if satan defeated god? whats his manifesto for eternity? does he have a pamphlet i can read?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
I assume you can see. So can you tell us who is winning?
Is it possible that some of the victims in the war are civilian casualties from attacks by the 'forces of good'?
Any victims of friendly fire?
Why can't Satan and God take their war somewhere else and stop bothering us?
1.Wrong, I cannot see. I am referring to a a section in Isaiah.
2. no
3. no
4. Because Earth is the battlefield and the prize

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 13

Originally posted by divegeester
I take it you don't believe in the sovereignty of God then?
Yes/no...He will eventually win. This earth was given to Satan legally by Adam.

Luke 4:6-7
And the devil said to Him, "All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. 7 Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours."
NKJV

God who happens to be righteous, cannot just take it back. But He has a plan. All throughout the bible Satan has tried to destroy the seed promised in Genesis 3:15..Wherever the Jews went, the bible says, "and the Caanites were there, or the Amalikites, or Hitites, etc., etc., These were people Satan was using to stop this seed from ever coming. He even used Herod to kill all those under 2 years old, after Satan found out he had been born to a virgin.
Next there were several attempts when Jesus was on boats, satan brought up a storm, more than once, trying to kill Jesus.
Finally, Satan thought he had won when Jesus was crucified.
1 Cor 2:7-8
But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, 8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
NKJV
Now every believer has Christ in them with great potential power, so Satan tries to keep them ignorant with the rise of many different sects of Christianity. He knows the time is short for him, and he is desperate.

James 2:19-20
You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe — and tremble!
NKJV

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
what would happen if satan defeated god? whats his manifesto for eternity? does he have a pamphlet i can read?
The handwriting is on the wall, so to speak, The battle is won, just not completed yet. When God decides the time is fulfilled, He will send His Son for His church, then comes the Tribulation, Armaggedon and so on. Then Satan, the great dragon will be cast in the lake of fire.
For the time being, we Christians have been annointed as Ambassadors for Christ to spread the gospel while there is still time. God is not willing that any should perish, but we know this is not possible.

PDI

Moves
30 Mar 13

In the church of my upbringing there seemed to be two schools of thought.

1) Satan wins some battles along the way, but God will win the war in the end.

2) At least when it comes to the consequences for believers, everything Satan does that appears to be a victory for him is actually a victory for God, though the believer may not be able to see it that way at the time.

I can't remember what scriptural support may have been used for the first idea, but the second one came from, "All things work to good for those who love the Lord." [Quoting from memory.]

So for instance, we prayed that a certain believer would be delivered from leukemia. He died. We decided that in some way we were too puny to understand, the death was a victory for the Lord.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
30 Mar 13
1 edit

Yeah there really is a big old spiritual battle between the forces of dark and the forces of light; moreover, when God calls you to do his bidding you'd best make sure you have a magic sword! A long sword+2 should typically suffice for most of Satan's minions, however for balrogs and such you would need a +4 (or greater) modifier to tackle them.
Clearly levelling yourself up to the point where you are fit to explore areas with monsters that drop or guard these powerful weapons is going to be a laborious task, and so it is with great fortune that you may also, if you decide to pursue the arcane arts, throw around spells such as magic missile or fireballs! These will damage high levelled minions - furthermore, you can also summon your own minions (though for much of your time you'll be limited to simple skeletons or zombies), when you are high enough levelled you will be able to summon your very own balrogs (sanctioned by God of course).

When you do get into heaven you might be wise to adopt the fighter-thief-mage class (balls to clerics), indeed God has raised the level cap quite significantly, and so you will be able to use some really powerful level 9+ spells!!!

Of course none of the above makes much sense if one doesn\'t buy into the fairy\-tale, dungeons and dragons chit that fundies like yourself believe in.

Hope this helps 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 13

Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
In the church of my upbringing there seemed to be two schools of thought.

1) Satan wins some battles along the way, but God will win the war in the end.

2) At least when it comes to the consequences for believers, everything Satan does that appears to be a victory for him is actually a victory for God, though the believer may not be able to see i ...[text shortened]... ecided that in some way we were too puny to understand, the death was a victory for the Lord.
I know that death is an enemy..the bible says so, it is the last enemy to be defeated. I agree that Satan wins some battles, look no further than the Apostles. I know of believers that have been prayed over and died and some healed. I don't have an answer for that.
But having said that, I look at the bigger picture where believers will be resurrected and be made alive again, so it is a win win situation.
As I stated, the biggest tool the great accuser has, is keeping Christians ignorant of who they are in Christ.
Christians are redeemed, righteous, sanctified, have a greater spirit in them than the world has, they have holy spirit in them and can discern truth from error, and so much more if only they stay in fellowship and close communion with Jesus Christ. But even if they do none of the above, the worst that can happen to a born again believer is they die and be raised again at the rapture or gathering.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Agerg
Yeah there really is a big old spiritual battle between the forces of dark and the forces of light; moreover, when God calls you to do his bidding you'd best make sure you have a magic sword! A long sword+2 should typically suffice for most of Satan's minions, however for balrogs and such you would need a +4 (or greater) modifier to tackle them.
Clearly level ons and dragons chit that fundies like yourself believe in.[/hidden]

Hope this helps 🙂
Well, I happen to like the side of the fence I am sitting on, than yours...
Hope this helps....🙂

k

Moves
30 Mar 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
Satan's future has already been decided, there are no ifs, there are no what ifs, there certianly are no pamphlets, but I think you knew that. Chess?