1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 00:34
    Originally posted by e4chris
    I think its easier to see the devil / satan then god - God is the gap between the starlings, but satan is everywhere, in wars, lies etc...

Not sure if this will interest you but these are my top 5 songs about satan - i think they are anyway you might not;

Leonard Cohen - Stranger Song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNUYF73aI3I

MGMT - Weekend Wars ...[text shortened]... hould be a rolling stones one in there too just can't think of it...

You like? You hate? 🙂
    Sympathy for the devil....like the tune but hate the words.🙂
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 00:47
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Sympathy for the devil....like the tune but hate the words.🙂
    yeah?

I thought they are great lyrics...
    "just like every cop is a criminal and all the sinners saints..." awesome and hits the nail on the head , hinting at the inbuilt corruption of the police force.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 00:54
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Tom Cruise isn't doing so bad either.
    I guess Scientology is the right track too.
    That's right.
    If it works for jaywilll..i mean sonship or whoever, then great. Same with Tom Cruise, but when they say that their way is the only way that's when we enter into verbal exchanges which NEVER have a resolution-the harder they try to persuade you, the more turned off we become.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 01:02
    Originally posted by sonship
    The problem with your analogy is there is no "down-side" to the starving man eating the sandwich. The "down-side" to a belief in the super-natural is that you may pick the wrong team (likely since there are hundreds of religions) or you may just be wasting your time, effort and intellect believing in something which does not exist.

I ...[text shortened]... winning at life since I made such a decision. So I think I must be on the right track.
    By the sound of your post you must be on the right track-and I say that in all honesty, but why do you insist on trying to persuade us, totally unsuccesfully mind you, that we too must take your path? why??

Is it because if others follow then you will feel more justified in your life path you have chosen? Or is it simply that you feel sorry for us wretched sinners and you are trying your best to persuade as many as possible that your way is the right one? (and if it is the latter, how many do you think you've got to follow you? )
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 17:43
    Originally posted by e4chris
    I think its easier to see the devil / satan then god - God is the gap between the starlings, but satan is everywhere, in wars, lies etc...

Not sure if this will interest you but these are my top 5 songs about satan - i think they are anyway you might not;

Leonard Cohen - Stranger Song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNUYF73aI3I

MGMT - Weekend Wars ...[text shortened]... hould be a rolling stones one in there too just can't think of it...

You like? You hate? 🙂
    Add to that:

Black Sabbath - N.I.B.

You got to have a Sabbath track in the Satan list.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 19:046 edits
    By the sound of your post you must be on the right track-and I say that in all honesty, but why do you insist on trying to persuade us, totally unsuccesfully mind you, that we too must take your path? why??

Well, I'll give it my best shot.

Actually my goal is more modest usually. That is just to get you to think on some things. And if anyone as a result decides to start to read through the Bible more carefully for themselves, I am very happy.

Is it because if others follow then you will feel more justified in your life path you have chosen?

I share the gospel because I want to be on the winning side of history.

You see one inevitable and unstopable outcome of world history, I know, will be the total vindication of the man Jesus of Nazareth. I just would like to on the side of the Victor.

Or is it simply that you feel sorry for us wretched sinners and you are trying your best to persuade as many as possible that your way is the right one? (and if it is the latter, how many do you think you've got to follow you? )

This is a rather cynical question. But I am going to give you an honest answer.

One of the things that gives the evangelizing Christian the burden to keep wanting to tell others is definitely this:

He or she just cannot believe their great fortune that God has granted them the ability to believe in the Savior Christ and receive the eternal salvation.

The saved receiver just cannot allow that others to not have at least the same chance. He is haunted by the thought - "But why me Lord ? Why me ?"

Because of the weight of that burden on his new heart that he knows he was undeserving, least deserving others just have to know about Jesus. They have to.

It is a burden for the lost right from God's heart. Others just have to have a chance to be blessed by the undeserved eternal blessing of Christ as the gospel speaker was.

We too, many of us, scoffed at first.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 20:54
    2 Cor 5:20-21
    Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
    NKJV
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 21:53
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    2 Cor 5:20-21
    Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
    NKJV
    Right. And there is a critical mass of victorious believers who will usher in the coming against of Christ.

As new ones are coming to believe AND mature properly there is a critical mass to be reached known only to God. An event horizon of mature believers built up together will be a wooing of the Lord back physically to the earth.

So our spreading the gospel is by no mean in vain. This critical mass of normal overcoming believers is forming today. And this is the engine driving the arrival of Christ.

He comes from two directions - from above and outside of the Christians and from within radiating out.

I'll verify this in the word for the asking.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 14:38
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

Is it because if others follow then you will feel more justified in your life path you have chosen? Or is it simply that you feel sorry for us wr ...[text shortened]... y is the right one? (and if it is the latter, how many do you think you've got to follow you? )
    It is Christ the savior that we wish you to follow, not us. We Christians are just a mouthpiece trying to spread the good news of a savior. It is Christ Jesus that said, "I am the way the truth and the life." So follow Him.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 14:44
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    That's right.
    If it works for jaywilll..i mean sonship or whoever, then great. Same with Tom Cruise, but when they say that their way is the only way that's when we enter into verbal exchanges which NEVER have a resolution-the harder they try to persuade you, the more turned off we become.
    That's just another form of vanity. Vanity causes us to not recognize simple truths.

I somehow doubt that jaywill is a Scientologist. Did you just make that up?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 20:591 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is Christ the savior that we wish you to follow, not us. We Christians are just a mouthpiece trying to spread the good news of a savior. It is Christ Jesus that said, "I am the way the truth and the life." So follow Him.
    Much better, Ron.

When in doubt, K.I.S.S.

😀

(Oh yeah, please do not go back to the "smug" smiley. Smugness is vanity also.)
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 00:00
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Much better, Ron.

When in doubt, K.I.S.S.

😀

(Oh yeah, please do not go back to the "smug" smiley. Smugness is vanity also.)
    I am glad that you are pleased.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 13:59
    Originally posted by sonship

Well, I'll give it my best shot.

Actually my goal is more modest usually. That is just to get you to think on some things. And i ...[text shortened]... nal blessing of Christ as the gospel speaker was.

We too, many of us, scoffed at first.
    Hey man "God" moves me too but I don't take sides. Isn't God like One?
    I always see fractured versions of "god" as presented by Christians whereas I see all as God - including that which I dont. i attribute the same spiritual value to everything, and can never say one aspect of creation is better than another.
    Taking sides is what I do when I follow sport, when it comes to Spirituality every piece of dust is special, including every sinner as well as demons/devils,etc.
    God loves all
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 14:00
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I follow my dharma, no other path makes any sense.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 14:01
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That's just another form of vanity. Vanity causes us to not recognize simple truths.

I somehow doubt that jaywill is a Scientologist. Did you just make that up?
    I wasn't implying he was a scientologist.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree