1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 13:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You already did that. It didn't phase me in the least.
    So now I have been elevated to the status of God. Wow.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 21:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So now I have been elevated to the status of God. Wow.
    Maybe in your own mind.
  3. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 21:46
    There is no natural evolution for the better, only adaptation to a point, at best. Evolution requires design change, which always requires the input of new information from a Designer.
    What you think of as design that requires a designer is better explained as adaptation
    through selective natural pressure. It's the better explanation, because it is the simpler one,
    and it fits the evidence.

How well do you understand DNA? What it's made of, how it's replicated and the various
    ways in which it can mutate during replication?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 03:503 edits
    Originally posted by C Hess
    What you think of as design that requires a designer is better explained as adaptation
    through selective natural pressure. It's the better explanation, because it is the simpler one,
    and it fits the evidence.

How well do you understand DNA? What it's made of, how it's replicated and the various
    ways in which it can mutate during replication?
    I probably understand DNA better than most people on RHP. I know that the DNA molecule of a cell is something like a hard drive storage media in computers. It stores the information programming for the construction of parts in the cell and the total reproduction of cells.

Here is a quick video introduction to what I mean.

YouTube

Using Your DNA as a Hard Drive

YouTube

What is DNA?

YouTube
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 05:53
    DNA Refutes Evolution

YouTube
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 06:25
    DNA Refutes Evolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rCkFLq3uts
    You shouldn't really believe in Youtube, you know.
    Every opinion has its counterpart and you can find them both in Youtube.
    Whatever opinion there is in the world, there is a corresponding Youtube clip.
    Because you don't take the evolution clips for the truth, do you? Then why should the evilution clips be more truth?

If you use Youtube as your bible, then you have big problems.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 06:49
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You shouldn't really believe in Youtube, you know.
    Every opinion has its counterpart and you can find them both in Youtube.
    Whatever opinion there is in the world, there is a corresponding Youtube clip.
    Because you don't take the evolution clips for the truth, do you? Then why should the evilution clips be more truth?

If you use Youtube as your bible, then you have big problems.
    Yes, but YouTube takes me away to a world in which I'm a great presenter, like the guy I'm watching, and the opposition doesn't get to respond, because this is my YouTube channel.
  8. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 11:01
    I probably understand DNA better than most people on RHP. I know that the DNA molecule of a cell is something like a hard drive storage media in computers. It stores the information programming for the construction of parts in the cell and the total reproduction of cells.

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...[text shortened]... w.youtube.com/watch?v=_O-kLA3uEyA

What is DNA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwibgNGe4aY
    I will respond to the first two videos later (when I'm seated by my desktop and can type on
    a keyboard because this smartphone typing is annoying to the point of insanity), the last
    video is an excellent introduction to DNA that I have no objection to (in fact, ironically
    enough it ends by pointing out that as complicated as it seems, it's all chemistry). The
    reason I asked what you know of DNA is a response to your claim that information is never
    added to DNA without a designer input, which is a patently false statement, as I will
    demonstrate in my response.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 14:02
    I will respond to the first two videos later (when I'm seated by my desktop and can type on
    a keyboard because this smartphone typing is annoying to the point of insanity), the last
    video is an excellent introduction to DNA that I have no objection to (in fact, ironically
    enough it ends by pointing out that as complicated as it seems, it's all chemistry ...[text shortened]... t a designer input, which is a patently false statement, as I will
    demonstrate in my response.
    The laws the governs chemistry were made by God.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 14:56
    Like the radiometric dating using charbon, Uranium-thorium, and Potassium-argon dating methods?
  11. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 16:38
    Prove it.
  12. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 20:34

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...[text shortened]... w.youtube.com/watch?v=_O-kLA3uEyA

What is DNA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwibgNGe4aY
    The problem with the first video is that he's using a metaphor to describe
    what the DNA is about, but the metaphor is poorly chosen. DNA is "code" for
    life, in the same way that black powder is "code" for thermal energy.

The process by which DNA is used to produce proteins is under ideal
    circumstances as portrayed in the last video, but often (like really often)
    mistakes occur (or nothing happens). That's because what you've got is not a
    perfectly tuned machine reading code and following instructions to the letter,
    but instead molecules floating around, colliding and reacting with each other
    in really random ways. A lot of what should happen in a cell doesn't happen
    nine times out of ten, but when it does, it works. Sometimes even the wrong
    reactions take place (like when a virus randomly hits a cell which can react
    with it in such a way that the virus is copied, increasing the odds that more
    cells will be infected). It should be clear now that the only reason anything in
    your body works, is because of the sheer number of molecules available with
    which a cell can react. Not every protein you digest is going to be broken into
    amino acids, and not every amino acid in a cell is going to be used to create
    new proteins. It's a very imprecise, sloppy machine with a lot of waste, the
    cell is.

When using DNA as a storage medium, that's the moment that DNA
    ceases to be just a molecule, and becomes information. The information part
    is in our minds, and the DNA can carry information for us. Of course, when
    saying "when will I carry my torrents around in my cells", it should be clear
    to everyone that the man is joking. I'd like to see what happens to you if you
    insert DNA structured to hold Shakespeare’s collected works into the nuclei
    of your cells. It should be interesting.

Now, because the cell is an imprecise machine, DNA is not self-replicating
    (the cell is), DNA is not self-correcting (don't know where he got that from),
    when cells divide, they don't always divide perfectly. This is how new kinds
    of cells can come to be. Those cells that works well survives, and those that
    don't die. Everything in nature, from bacteria to elephants are made up of
    cells (well, bacteria would be one cell...), so if cells are self-replicating
    through imperfect means allowing changes to creep into the process, clearly
    "information" can be added to produce new life forms, and since only those
    forms of life that are successful in their environment survives, it appears as
    though someone designed only the forms to fill their specific niche in nature.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 20:421 edit
    Prove it.
    We expect the universe to be organized in a logical, orderly fashion and to obey uniform laws because the universe was created by the power of God.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

(Genesis 1:1 NIV)

This is what the Lord says: ‘If I have not made my covenant with day and night and established the laws of heaven and earth, then I will reject the descendants of Jacob and David my servant and will not choose one of his sons to rule over the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. For I will restore their fortunes and have compassion on them.’”

(Jeremiah 33:25-26 NIV)

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

(Colossians 1:16 NIV)

So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

(Genesis 1:27 NIV)

These are a few of the verses in the Holy Bible that show that God created the heavens and the earth, including those things visible and invisible to us, and established the laws of heaven and earth that would include the laws of physics and chemistry.

Robert Boyle, the father of modern chemistry, said, "God would not have made the universe as it is unless He intended us to understand it."

Conflicts between science and the Bible, Boyle explained, were either due to a mistake in science or an incorrect interpretation of Scripture.

http://www.icr.org/article/science-man-god-robert-boyle/
  14. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 20:53
    Conflicts between science and the Bible, Boyle explained, were either due to a mistake in science or an incorrect interpretation of Scripture.
    Your interpretation of scriptures is obviously flawed then.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 20:561 edit
    The problem with the first video is that he's using a metaphor to describe
    what the DNA is about, but the metaphor is poorly chosen. DNA is "code" for
    life, in the same way that black powder is "code" for thermal energy.

The process by which DNA is used to produce proteins is under ideal
    circumstances as portrayed in the last video, but often (like r ...[text shortened]... , it appears as
    though someone designed only the forms to fill their specific niche in nature.
    The DNA molecule is not the actual code, but it stores coded information as the second video proves. The replication process is not random, but pre-programmed by the coded information that must be read and interpreted to produce the correct proteins in a specific order. You need to review these videos again so you can correct your errors in thinking about DNA.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree