1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 21:02
    RJHinds -

"There is no natural evolution for the better, only adaptation to a point, at best. Evolution requires design change, which always requires the input of new information from a Designer."

FabianFnas -

"Evolution is at work as we speak. No god is necessary. This is science, and evolution is a part of science. Talk about a Designer belongs in the Siritual Forum, as it is spiritual and not science."

RJHinds -

"So in your opinion, talking about the design and designer of a computer, a car, a television or anything else that man designs and makes is not science. I on the other hand believe it is necessary to talk about it to properly understand science."

FabianFnas -

"Science deals with phenomena within nature. Science doesn't deal with supernatural beings, gods, or some fuzzy universal intelligence. That's what religion is for. If you want to discuss god, then go to spiritual forum and discuss it there. Because it is not science."

RJHinds -

"Designers exist is science, so the science Forum is the proper place to discuss it. You are the one trying to discuss religion here, not me."

sonhouse -

"You mean like this thread in Science:"

Metamorphosis seems like the ultimate evolutionary magic trick - the amazing transformation of one creature into a totally different being: one life, two bodies. Is this evidence for something like the Cambrian explosion and fast evolution that does not take billions or millions of years of gradual change? The following video is from the evolutionists point of view.

YouTube

What about the Intelligent Design point of view?

http://www.evolutionnews.org/2011/11/the_irreducible_complexity_of052461.html

http://www.metamorphosisthefilm.com/

YouTube

RJHinds -

"I pointed out that the first video was from the evolutionist's point of view. Are you now saying that the evolutionist's point of view is not science? If so, I have accomplished my mission.

It seems only fair to present other points of view in science to be able to compare which makes the most sense."
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 21:18
    So what IS your point, man?
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 21:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That neither forum wants to hear from him? 😵
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 05:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The point is that I am trying to discuss the design element in nature, which I believe is science. However, FabianFnas, believes the discussion of design in nature belongs in the Spirituality Forum. So I brought it to the Spirituality Forum to see the opinion of the Spirituality Forum posters. What is your opinion?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 05:55
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    That neither forum wants to hear from him? 😵
    That may turn out to be correct. But could you humor me and give your opinion on which of the two Forums would be best to discuss design in nature?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 07:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That may turn out to be correct. But could you humor me and give your opinion on which of the two Forums would be best to discuss design in nature?
    You can attempt to discuss it all you want, it doesn't mean people will respond. The only point you can make scientifically is this 'designer' could have made the entire universe but you can't make a scientific argument some kind of designer is controlling every gene expression on Earth.
    That is religion.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 07:20
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You can attempt to discuss it all you want, it doesn't mean people will respond. The only point you can make scientifically is this 'designer' could have made the entire universe but you can't make a scientific argument some kind of designer is controlling every gene expression on Earth.
    That is religion.
    Perhaps some aliens from other planets were the intelligent designers. Would it be science then?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 07:53
    The point is that I am trying to discuss the design element in nature, which I believe is science. However, FabianFnas, believes the discussion of design in nature belongs in the Spirituality Forum. So I brought it to the Spirituality Forum to see the opinion of the Spirituality Forum posters. What is your opinion?
    My opinion is you should take it to the Clans forum and tell them you would like some feedback with integrity.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 08:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    My opinion is you should take it to the Clans forum and tell them you would like some feedback with integrity.
    Thanks, but I am not a member of a clan, so I don't believe that would be appropriate. Anyway, I wanted opinions between Science and Spirituality.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 08:15
    Thanks, but I am not a member of a clan, so I don't believe that would be appropriate. Anyway, I wanted opinions between Science and Spirituality.
    Many people are not members of clans but still post in there. Why would you posting in the Clans forum be inappropriate? Don't you think they need your instruction?
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 08:46
    We need a third option, another forum, the Idiots' Forum.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 19:211 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Many people are not members of clans but still post in there. Why would you posting in the Clans forum be inappropriate? Don't you think they need your instruction?
    The Public Forums gives the following purposes for each of these three forum:

Clans - Taunt, goad or ridicule rival clans, or just discuss this team based feature.

Spirituality - Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.

Science - Scientific discussion and debate.

I want to discuss and debate the design in nature and the scientific cause. It seems clear to me that the Science Forum is the appropriate forum for that. However, FabianFnas believes I should take it to the Spritituality Forum because that discussion and debate is religious even though I told him I did not want to discuss God and religion.

I was hoping to get enough opinions to set FabianFnas straight.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 21:15
    I was hoping to get enough opinions to set FabianFnas straight.
    Well, you failed.

Now, what would it take to get RJHinds straigt?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 21:19
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Well, you failed.

Now, what would it take to get RJHinds straigt?
    A real god coming down and telling RJ personally his god is a fake, man made.

Of course there is the possibility if that actually happened, poor old RJ would have a heart attack on the spot.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 21:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    A real god coming down and telling RJ personally his god is a fake, man made.

Of course there is the possibility if that actually happened, poor old RJ would have a heart attack on the spot.
    You already did that. It didn't phase me in the least.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree