1. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 23:41
    Originally posted by josephw
    I can think of one very important way in which the Spirit interacted with the universe. It happened when Jesus was resurrected.
    But few will believe it even though there were over 500 witnesses.
    Be careful, we're not talking about 500 indiependently verifiable witnesses. This didn't happen on youtube.
    We have a written account by someone that claims that 500 people saw it.
    Isn't that known as hearsay?
    I'm not saying it's an incorrect account (although obviously I believe it is) but you have to recognise the incomplete context in which the account is coming to us from.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 00:02
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    If it isn't matter or energy, and doesn't exist in 4-dimensions then science says it doesn't exist. Knightmeister, on the other hand, knows better than Professor Einstein, Hawkins or any of the rest of them, has something that can exist in non-existence, even though non-existence doesn't exist for him.
    Science has its built in blinders.
    Kelly
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 02:15
    Originally posted by amannion
    Be careful, we're not talking about 500 indiependently verifiable witnesses. This didn't happen on youtube.
    We have a written account by someone that claims that 500 people saw it.
    Isn't that known as hearsay?
    I'm not saying it's an incorrect account (although obviously I believe it is) but you have to recognise the incomplete context in which the account is coming to us from.
    They all knew each other! They all saw the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ. That's what it says.
  4. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    12 Mar '07 01:20
    They all knew each other! They all saw the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ. That's what it says.
    You're missing my point. It doesn't matter if they knew each other or if they all saw it. Our only account comes through a SINGLE written statement. We're TOLD that they all saw it. But we don't have 500 DIFFERENT statements about the events - just ONE that SAYS there were 500 people there.
    Do you get the difference?
    The writer could make any claim.
    How would we know the difference?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 00:22
    Originally posted by amannion
    You're missing my point. It doesn't matter if they knew each other or if they all saw it. Our only account comes through a SINGLE written statement. We're TOLD that they all saw it. But we don't have 500 DIFFERENT statements about the events - just ONE that SAYS there were 500 people there.
    Do you get the difference?
    The writer could make any claim.
    How would we know the difference?
    Sorry I missed your point. Technically you're right. But I believe everything the bible says, so I guess I'm biased.
  6. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 00:45
    Sorry I missed your point. Technically you're right. But I believe everything the bible says, so I guess I'm biased.
    2000 saw me knock off 50 supermodels (they arent included in the 2000 as they were blindfolded) so that means my story is 4 times more likely than the jesus story!

Yeah for me (just dont tell the wife ok!)
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 01:30
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Science has its built in blinders.
    Kelly
    Yes. We're rather keen on things that exist.
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 01:36
    Originally posted by jaywill
    1.) Whether the earth was ever flood totally by water is a matter of HISTORY not just science.

2.) It is a matter of interpretation as to whether or not the Bible intended to teach that the entire planet was flooded with water or just the area where early mankind was living (which would have been the world as far as they were concerned).

3.) Even i ...[text shortened]... ny people consider that to be spiritual and to be religious are not necessarily the same thing.
    1-3, that;s not what the bible specifically states though, is it?

Oh, and feel free to find all that missing water, otherwise, you are basing your whole hypothesis on the sole evidence of one book, with no physical evidence whatsoever.

4. Have a cry if that's what makes you feel better.

We've broached this subject many times. Being religious doesn't make someone stupid. What makes someone stupid is ignoring the evidence so that they can continue to believe in their preferred beliefs.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 06:11
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Yes. We're rather keen on things that exist.
    Like you'd know.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree