Moves
    13 Dec '06 13:05
    Scientology Complains that Advanced Technology appears in Google Groups

http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca512/notice.cgi?NoticeID=2360
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 13:06
    Notable Scientology Critics.

Many of whom are former Scientologists, learn more about Scientology by reading their account.

http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/index.html
  3. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 13:11
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    All well and good, but getting back to Scientology, one aspect not well known is what happens if you become a scientologist and then quit. It's somewhat like apostasy in Islam. You go from being a friend to being a total enemy. I happen to have been involved in scientology for about a week in 1968, where they were being nicey nicey trying to suck me in. Th ...[text shortened]... I could go on but you all don't want to hear about the underbelly of scientology.
    But I do wanna hear about "the underbelly of Scientology". Please, tell us all about it ! !
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 13:151 edit
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    hmmm.... got any evidence beyond 'people have increased X since Y date, and people have also been eating more MSG...' because thats' circumstantial and not very concvincing.
    There are many sites dealing with the food enhancer MSG. This is one of the more important ones.

http://www.msgtruth.org/

From the site:

"The information on msgtruth.org is a culmination of the important independent research regarding the food additive Monosodium Glutamate.

MSGTruth.org is a not-for-profit site created by former food process engineer and food scientist, Carol Hoernlein. MSGtruth.org was designed to help the public grapple with all the latest scientific information regarding monosodium glutamate and make sense of it all.

Carol Hoernlein, the main writer for MSGTruth.org is currently in the process of writing a book - "Virtual Food" about why she left her lucrative career in the food industry. After graduating from Rutgers with degrees in both Food Science and Agricultural Engineering, she went on to work in Research and Development at several major companies including American Home Products, Reckitt and Colman, Thomas J. Lipton, and M&M/Mars.

Over 4 years old, MSGTruth.org and the independent scientific information on it has been translated into other languages and shared around the world. We couldn't be more thrilled. We invite all to use any information on this site freely. It was meant to be shared."

The following site is a site owned by "The Glutamate Association", the association of MSG manufacturers.

"The Glutamate Association, established in 1977, is an association of manufacturers, national marketers, and processed food users of glutamic acid and its salts, principally the flavor enhancer, monosodium glutamate (MSG). Among the Association's international members are many of the world's largest food companies involved in such diverse areas as the manufacturing and marketing of food ingredients, spice and flavor blends, and canned, frozen and other packaged prepared foods."

http://www.msgfacts.com/facts/msgfact12.html
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 13:271 edit
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/aj/ajin.htm

"Ajinomoto" is the Japanese name for MSG. The Ajinomoto Group is the largest MSG manufacturer in the world.

From the site: "The Ajinomoto Group is a global food and amino acid powerhouse, with estimated worldwide sales totaling approximately $8 billion. One of Japan's best-known and most respected brand names, Ajinomoto is also the unrivaled leader in amino acid R&D, commanding an approximate 60% share of the global amino acid market. Ajinomoto's life-saving innovations with amino acids include the world's first formula for IV feeding.

Now, athletes and fitness enthusiasts around the world are looking to Ajinomoto's renowned sports medicine expertise for the most effective and beneficial amino acid ingredients and sports performance products available."
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 13:352 edits
    a side question Ivanhoe - do you have respect for religions apart from Catholisism? Do you respect some more than others? But, being Christain, you think all other religions are wrong, so on what basis do you say that some are more wrong than others? By perceived intention of the religion? Similarity to Christianity? Perceived social harm/good?
    I certainly respect other religions, but I do not respect Scientology. Investigate this organisation and you'll find out it is a totalitarian, anti-democratic, more or less criminal organisation.

Besides, Scientology is not a religion. It is a company trying to make as much money as possible, cheating and misleading people in accomplishing this.
  7. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 17:131 edit
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    There are many sites dealing with the food enhancer MSG. This is one of the more important ones.

http://www.msgtruth.org/

From the site:

"The information on msgtruth.org is a culmination of the important independent research regarding the food additive Monosodium Glutamate.

MSGTruth.org is a not-for-profit site created by former food process en and other packaged prepared foods."

http://www.msgfacts.com/facts/msgfact12.html
    statements about and claims of independant research on how bad MSG is is not what I consider proof. Is there any proper proof, such as double blind cohort studies, against placebo, to show a correlation between MSG intake and these illnesses, while excluding cofactors? I only see conjecture and circumstantial correlation at this site.
  8. The sky
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 18:26
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Home-schooling is also now banned in Germany, or so I'm told.
    That's nothing new. It has never been allowed in post-war Germany, apart from some special cases, for example children who can't be transported to school due to illness.
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 20:22
    statements about and claims of independant research on how bad MSG is is not what I consider proof. Is there any proper proof, such as double blind cohort studies, against placebo, to show a correlation between MSG intake and these illnesses, while excluding cofactors? I only see conjecture and circumstantial correlation at this site.
    Maybe there is. Reading your reactions and questions you are probably more equiped to google on it and find it than yours truly.
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 22:37
    I certainly respect other religions, but I do not respect Scientology. Investigate this organisation and you'll find out it is a totalitarian, anti-democratic, more or less criminal organisation.

Besides, Scientology is not a religion. It is a company trying to make as much money as possible, cheating and misleading people in accomplishing this.
    But wouldn't that mean that.........well, you know what I mean.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 22:47

Oh, the irony. Last I checked the CoS didn't think that its head was "infallible". And I'd be curious to see its assets portfolio matched up with the RCC's.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 22:542 edits
    Speaking of totalitarian, here's an interesting German practice:

Since 1996, government employment offices throughout the country have implemented an Economics and Labor Ministry administrative order directing them to enter an "S" notation next to the names of firms suspected of employing Scientologists. Employment counselors are supposed to warn their clients that they might encounter Scientologists in these workplaces.

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2005/51554.htm

EDIT: Here's the last paragraph from the US government report cited above:

The status of Scientology was the subject of many official discussions. The U.S. Government expressed its concerns over infringement of individual rights because of religious affiliation and over the potential for discrimination in international trade posed by the screening of foreign firms for possible Scientology affiliation. Embassy officers at all levels consistently and repeatedly supported Church of Scientology requests for direct dialogue with government officials.

😲
  13. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 00:33
    Marauder, you are a Scientology freak ! Admit it ....
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 00:35
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    But wouldn't that mean that.........well, you know what I mean.
    The Righteous Reverend ... being cristal clear ... as always .... See ya, Captain Kirk .... 😀
  15. Joined
    25 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 04:24
    Originally posted by knightwest
    I've noticed Scientology really aggresively trying to get people in with so-called "Stress tests" on the streets of London. These are offered for free, but the "Dianetics" book is on sale there too. I wonder if these "stress tests" are set up to make people believe they are very stressed and then try and dupe them into buying the book and ultimately joini ...[text shortened]... always been led to believe that this "church" is somewhat suspect.

Any thoughts?
    notice the difference between science and scientology.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree