Scientology

Scientology

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
12 Dec 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
Germany looks like its going back to its old habits. I wonder if a country declared that the RCC was primarily an economic organization (after all, it possesses immeasurably more wealth than the CoS), taxed it and suggested banning Roman Catholics from pretty much every job in its economy, whether you would be soooooooooooooooo supportive.
The pope's stress test involves some type of a device known simply as "The Rack." What's up with that?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
13 Dec 06
2 edits

Germany looks like its going back to its old habits. I wonder if a country declared that the RCC was primarily an economic organization (after all, it possesses immeasurably more wealth than the CoS), taxed it and suggested banning Roman Catholics from pretty much every job in its economy, whether you would be soooooooooooooooo supportive.
Your assessment of the facts is so .... original ..... and your analytical abilities are so ..... astounding .... and .... mindboggling .... wonderful ... really ....

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
13 Dec 06
1 edit

Are there any Scientologists at this site ? Marauder, you ? After all you're cookoo enough to be one ......

w

Moves
13 Dec 06

Originally posted by belgianfreak
just a minor nit-pick... I thought psychiatrists were the doctors doing the medicating and psychologists were the non-doctors who talked with patients and got them to talk about their feelings/mothers. This may be a national difference, but maybe important as in the UK you don't need any qualifications to call yourself a psychologist.

This als ...[text shortened]... ent who has finally improved enough to go home after 6 years of therapy & meds!
Psychiatry seems to me to be going more and more towards handing everyone pills. I did a psychology degree, and by the end of it I was so disgusted with the whole profession that I elected not to continue my studies in that area. Psychologists, as well as anyone else who will sit you down and help you work out your problems, can be a great tool. However, in my experience psychiatrists do often jump for pills as a first measure instead of attempting to help the person work out their own problems. Take attention deficit disorder, for example. Where was it 30 years ago? Is this some crazy new genetic mutation? It seems obvious to me that it is due to lack of exercise and poor eating habits, but thousands of children each year are put on ritalin and continue sitting in front of the television eating chocolate.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
13 Dec 06

Originally posted by whiterose
Psychiatry seems to me to be going more and more towards handing everyone pills. I did a psychology degree, and by the end of it I was so disgusted with the whole profession that I elected not to continue my studies in that area. Psychologists, as well as anyone else who will sit you down and help you work out your problems, can be a great tool. However, i ...[text shortened]... n each year are put on ritalin and continue sitting in front of the television eating chocolate.
whiterose: ...... but thousands of children each year are put on ritalin and continue sitting in front of the television eating chocolate."

... and MSG !

http://www.msgtruth.org/

Disease States Affected by MSG

ADD/ADHD

Addiction

Alcoholism

Allergy

A.L.S.

Alzheimer's Disease

Asthma

Atrial Fibrillation

Autism

Diabetes

Depression

Dizziness

Epilepsy

Fibromyalgia

Heat Stroke

High Blood Pressure

Hypothyroidism

Hypoglycemia

IBS

Inflammation

Migraine

Multiple Sclerosis

Obesity

Pituitary tumors

Rage/Panic Disorder

Rosacea

Sleep Disorders

Tinnitus

Vision Problems

http://www.msgtruth.org/states.htm

w

Moves
13 Dec 06

Originally posted by ivanhoe
whiterose: ...... but thousands of children each year are put on ritalin and continue sitting in front of the television eating chocolate."

... and MSG !

Disease States Affected by MSG

ADD/ADHD

Addiction

Alcoholism

Allergy

A.L.S.

Alzheimer's Disease

Asthma

Atrial Fibrilla ...[text shortened]... leep Disorders

Tinnitus

Vision Problems

http://www.msgtruth.org/states.htm
Well there you go. Perhaps the solution is to look at and modify what we already put into our bodies, rather than simply to add drugs.
Is this what scientology advocates? If so, I think they have a good point.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Dec 06

All well and good, but getting back to Scientology, one aspect not well known is what happens if you become a scientologist and then quit. It's somewhat like apostasy in Islam. You go from being a friend to being a total enemy. I happen to have been involved in scientology for about a week in 1968, where they were being nicey nicey trying to suck me in. They started inviting me into the offices (Washington DC)
and I saw inside the main office, L Ron Hubbard was still alive at that point and he was living on a boat never coming into the territorial waters of the US because he had pulled a Wesley Snipe deal and the IRS definitely wanted to have a close encounter with the dude. So they communicated by radio and stuff and the communiques were called Rongrams. So one of the discussions was about those who left the flock. They asked L Ron what to do. His reply, which I saw with my own two eyes, (well 4, with glasses🙂 was this: " There is always the 45 solution" It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what that meant. They go after the quitters very aggresively especially the ones who write insider books about all the BS going on in the upper ranks. It's a cult of the lowest kind. They prey on people's weaknesses, getting people to turn over their entire family fortune including mortgages, car loans, anything they can get of value from the unfortunate victims.
They are after one thing and one thing only, grow the organization and make money. For instance, in order to gain 'respectability' in the eyes of the rest of the world, they forced the books of L Ron Hubbard to the top of the charts, making it a best seller. How? simply putting the book, I think it was L Ron Hubbard's "Battlefield Earth" the one just co-incidently turned into that incredibly bad film with, wow, a bunch of scientologists, and to make the book a best seller, they just bought enough copies to make the 'best seller' list. I could go on but you all don't want to hear about the underbelly of scientology.

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
13 Dec 06

I used to be a Jesus Freak. Carried the Bible to bowling alleys and airports trying to save people. When I got out none of my old Jesus People friends would give me the time of day.

Man, did it take me a long time to get over that period.

stitching you up

Moves
13 Dec 06

Psychiatry seems to me to be going more and more towards handing everyone pills. I did a psychology degree, and by the end of it I was so disgusted with the whole profession that I elected not to continue my studies in that area. Psychologists, as well as anyone else who will sit you down and help you work out your problems, can be a great tool. However, i ...[text shortened]... n each year are put on ritalin and continue sitting in front of the television eating chocolate.
interesting experiences, thanks. Which country are you in?

This can make a major difference. For example, France is known to medicate more than other contempary countries (eg. antibiotics, antidepressents), while the US they tend to jump on new therapies and use them widely, while other countries are more concertative and tend to wait for clinical evidence that the new drug/therapy works without undue side effects (with much of this data coming from the US where they are using the therapy...)

stitching you up

Moves
13 Dec 06

... and MSG !

hmmm.... got any evidence beyond 'people have increased X since Y date, and people have also been eating more MSG...' because thats' circumstantial and not very concvincing.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
13 Dec 06

Well there you go. Perhaps the solution is to look at and modify what we already put into our bodies, rather than simply to add drugs.
Feed children properly.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
13 Dec 06

Germany looks like its going back to its old habits.
Home-schooling is also now banned in Germany, or so I'm told.

stitching you up

Moves
13 Dec 06

Are there any Scientologists at this site ? ...you're cookoo enough to be one ......
a side question Ivanhoe - do you have respect for religions apart from Catholisism? Do you respect some more than others? But, being Christain, you think all other religions are wrong, so on what basis do you say that some are more wrong than others? By perceived intention of the religion? Similarity to Christianity? Perceived social harm/good?

Moves
13 Dec 06

Originally posted by sonhouse
I could go on but you all don't want to hear about the underbelly of scientology.
Actually I do. Please go on. I think folks should hear about it as much as possible so that the scum of the earth are known for what they are.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
13 Dec 06

Whiterose: "Is this what scientology advocates?"

No, whiterose. Scientology is not interested in human health but rather in making money.

I would rather picture them as stockholders of the MSG producing industries.

"The Glutamate Association, established in 1977, is an association of manufacturers, national marketers, and processed food users of glutamic acid and its salts, principally the flavor enhancer, monosodium glutamate (MSG). Among the Association's international members are many of the world's largest food companies involved in such diverse areas as the manufacturing and marketing of food ingredients, spice and flavor blends, and canned, frozen and other packaged prepared foods."

http://www.msgfacts.com/aboutus.html

Same site:

"Not only does MSG make good food taste better for consumers, new studies show that MSG may play a role in the overall health and nutrition of people who need it most. Aging, as well as a number of diseases and illnesses, decrease our ability to taste and smell. This decrease in our senses is a major contributor to poor nutritional status in populations like the elderly, making it increasingly difficult for doctors and nutritionists to ensure that their patients get much-needed nutrients. Studies have found that adding MSG to certain foods, such as soup and mashed potatoes, has been successful in increasing the food intake in institutionalized elderly populations.

http://www.msgfacts.com/facts/msgfact12.html

They already add this controversial taste enhancer to the food of people who belong to "institutionalized elderly populations", because MSG makes you eat more !

At the same time they are claiming that MSG consumption doesn't make you fat ! Of course not ! It's the extra food you eat because of MSG, stupid ........ McDonald's, KFC, Campbell's and all the rest of these junk food restaurants and junk food producers know this and therefore add MSG to their products. MSG is known to be the "nicotine of the food industry". Just google on "MSG obese rats" ....... Long live the obesity epidemic !

Oh well, this hasn't much to do with Scientology as far as I know, but it is an interesting sidetrack anyway.