1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    24 Feb '12 17:13
    It seems that if it was very very important that people understand the nature of God, and what you must do to please a God, and all the specifics needed to have an afterlife, you would communicate in a more direct and clear manner than with the confusion of Scripture . Look at all the different views on the same Book .. It's anything but clear . If it was clear there would not be so many different denonminations and different religions .Anytime someone starts to quote Scripture as something that is solid and concrete I walk away from the discussion. Each cultist believes he has found the Truth through Scripture and the others that see it differently must be under Satans spell or or just plain evil . Sad .
  2. England
    Moves
    24 Feb '12 17:36
    whats so hard in the comandments, scripture is easy its our interpretation of it that confuses many. ive read many who use love is gods gift, but some turn it for their own sexual desirers
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Feb '12 18:13
    Originally posted by buckky
    It seems that if it was very very important that people understand the nature of God, and what you must do to please a God, and all the specifics needed to have an afterlife, you would communicate in a more direct and clear manner than with the confusion of Scripture . Look at all the different views on the same Book .. It's anything but clear . If it was cle ...[text shortened]... and the others that see it differently must be under Satans spell or or just plain evil . Sad .
    The ones that see it differently are being mislead by the influence of Satan. 😏
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Feb '12 20:35
    It seems that if it was very very important that people understand the nature of God, and what you must do to please a God, and all the specifics needed to have an afterlife, you would communicate in a more direct and clear manner than with the confusion of Scripture . Look at all the different views on the same Book .. It's anything but clear . If it was cle ...[text shortened]... and the others that see it differently must be under Satans spell or or just plain evil . Sad .
    Perhaps God wants us to be willing to take the time and effort to "search out" the scriptures. This searching and effort is not easy and this would test ones reason for looking into God's word. The heart is what God looks into and and by one taking the much effort involved in learning the Bible, it test ones heart.
    If one were only looking to learn the basics of the Bible and leave it at that and have their "ears tickled" with the good sounding things, then perhaps that's all they want and that may prove to God that their love for him is not that deep. But if they are willing to look into the "deep" things of God and are willing to clean their life's up physically and more importantly spiritually, then that may prove to God that they are truly wanting to learn the "deep" truths of the Bible. Once he sees that in ones heart then he let's them learn those things. So those "deep" things are only given to those who God approves to learn them.
    So it would be safe to say that God had the Bible written in such a way that most would never understand the majority of the writings in it.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    24 Feb '12 20:44
    I think you're right. If Jesus had thought that a bible was so important, you'd think he'd have written it (or dictated it) during his own lifetime. The fact that he didn't indicates to me that he did not endorse the concept of a bible. As it is, it's nothing more than a concretization of a bunch of things that Jesus probably never said in the first place.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Feb '12 22:41
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I think you're right. If Jesus had thought that a bible was so important, you'd think he'd have written it (or dictated it) during his own lifetime. The fact that he didn't indicates to me that he did not endorse the concept of a bible. As it is, it's nothing more than a concretization of a bunch of things that Jesus probably never said in the first place.
    "So it would be safe to say that God had the Bible written in such a way that most would never understand the majority of the writings in it."
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    24 Feb '12 23:08
    Originally posted by galveston75
    "So it would be safe to say that God had the Bible written in such a way that most would never understand the majority of the writings in it."
    God didn't have the bible written. Let's assume for the second that there is a god in the first place. It would be my contention that the bible was not endorsed by him and that he would disavow any connection to it (if he were capable of doing so).
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '12 23:181 edit

I find this a silly and shortsighted criticism.

The feeding of the five thousand with a few loaves and few fishes demonstrates Christ's way of doing things. He distributed the food to His disciples. They ate. Then they gathered up the fragments of crumbs and distributed the miraculous encrease to the hungry crowd.

Why didn't Jesus directly feed each of them Himself ? Why did He delegate the distribution of the miraculously produced food to His twelve disciples ? He has His way of doing things to bring glory to His Father, involve His disciples as deputy authorities, and minister to the world.

That Jesus penned no chapter to the Bible but delegated to His apostles to minister through their changed lives was effective. He doesn't do everything just the way some skeptic thinks He should have.

"Heaven and earth will pass away but My words will not pass away."

The apostles were delegated deputy authorities to have this word touch and transform their lives and to pass it on to the world.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Feb '12 23:18
    God didn't have the bible written. Let's assume for the second that there is a god in the first place. It would be my contention that the bible was not endorsed by him and that he would disavow any connection to it (if he were capable of doing so).
    So I'll repeat again as you are a prime example: "So it would be safe to say that God had the Bible written in such a way that most would never understand the majority of the writings in it."

I don't mean this in an insulting way to you personally but just my observation of you.
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 02:09
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So I'll repeat again as you are a prime example: "So it would be safe to say that God had the Bible written in such a way that most would never understand the majority of the writings in it."

I don't mean this in an insulting way to you personally but just my observation of you.
    Uh...and I'll repeat again: God didn't have the bible written. Let's assume for the second that there is a god in the first place. It would be my contention that the bible was not endorsed by him and that he would disavow any connection to it (if he were capable of doing so).

Your turn.
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 02:10
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [quote] I think you're right. If Jesus had thought that a bible was so important, you'd think he'd have written it (or dictated it) during his own lifetime. The fact that he didn't indicates to me that he did not endorse the concept of a bible. As it is, it's nothing more than a concretization of a bunch of things that Jesus probably never said in the first ...[text shortened]... ties to have this word touch and transform their lives and to pass it on to the world.
    So we're both agreed that neither god nor Jesus had anything to do with the bible. Correct?
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 03:292 edits
    So we're both agreed that neither god nor Jesus had anything to do with the bible. Correct?
    Incorrect. I never said that God had not anything to do with the Bible.

I said this no more than I said Jesus had nothing to do with the fishes and loves that were miraculously distributed to a crowd of people through His disciples.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 04:38
    Jesus read from the scriptures and explained them to His disciples. It
    seems to me they were important to be written for He also used them
    against the temptations by Satan.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 07:08
    Uh...and I'll repeat again: God didn't have the bible written. Let's assume for the second that there is a god in the first place. It would be my contention that the bible was not endorsed by him and that he would disavow any connection to it (if he were capable of doing so).

Your turn.
    Your more then welcome to believe what you want about the Bible. Even though you deny it's wisdom and who was behind it being written and for the fact that it has survived for many, many generations while many, many have tried to destroy it, it still is here and there is not one problem we have as humans it cannot assist us with.
    And there is not one thing the Bible says about the earth and heavens that can be proved wrong and for the fact that it gave humans warnings about things such as germs that no one, even the writers of those scriptures had any knowledge of, was given to us to help us in our life's.
    So other then these very few points among hundreds of others that no one could deny that this book has to be inspired by God.
    I think one would have be be closed minded and blind to not see it's uniqueness and inspiration from any other book on this planet.
    But you are welcome to your viewpoint.
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 09:35
    Let's consider scripture in a GrampyBobby sort of light. Suppose it was all written without the influence or approval of god - would there be any difference? How could you tell?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree