1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 04:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    Mohammad did not just come to give prophesy, he came to "purify" the corrupted word of God. Mohammad then spoke for prophets thorughout the centuries and retold what the truth about what they said. Converstly, Christ said he came to fulfill the word of God, not to scratch it out and start over.
    Yes. Two different religions. Christ may have said he came to fulfill the word of God and Muhammad may have said he came to "purify" the corrupted word of God, but neither of these claims have objective credence, with or without "prophesies". They are simply the 'content' of various people's beliefs and the folklore attendant thereto.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 04:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes. Two different religions. Christ may have said he came to fulfill the word of God and Muhammad may have said he came to "purify" the corrupted word of God, but neither of these claims have objective credence, with or without "prophesies". They are simply the 'content' of various people's beliefs and the folklore attendant thereto.
    Mohammad said things like Ishmael was Abarahams chosen son instead of Isaac and that Christ did not die on the cross, rather, it was someone else who died in his place. Christ never once contradicted scirpture in such a manner. In short, Mohammad was just pulling this out of his arse.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 04:28
    Mohammad said things like Ishmael was Abarahams chosen son instead of Isaac and that Christ did not die on the cross, rather, it was someone else who died in his place. Christ never once contradicted scirpture in such a manner. In short, Mohammad was just pulling this out of his arse.
    wrong. jesus did introduce some radical changes to old testament "understanding" that contradicted scripture. some examples off the top of my head; gone is eye for an eye, gone is not working on sabbath, gone are kosher eating scriptures, gone are sacrifices.

to say he "fulfilled" them is just as absurd as muhammad's claims that the truths were altered. in short, christ was pulling these out of his arse.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 04:321 edit
    I am aware that you are not a Muslim, whodey. Whether Christ did or did not contradict the scripture of your religion has no objective meaning, except as 'content' for the folklore and speculations that you choose to subscribe to.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 07:15
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    wrong. jesus did introduce some radical changes to old testament "understanding" that contradicted scripture. some examples off the top of my head; gone is eye for an eye, gone is not working on sabbath, gone are kosher eating scriptures, gone are sacrifices.

to say he "fulfilled" them is just as absurd as muhammad's claims that the truths were altered. in short, christ was pulling these out of his arse.
    Christ had first hand knowledge. He was the Son of God. He did not have to
    pull anything out of his arse like you do, numbnut.
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 11:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Your opinion is irrelevant and irrational and not science. HalleluYah !!! (idiot smug face deleted)
    Would it be relevant if I were a proven cheat and liar such as yourself?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree