1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 22:04
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    would you agree that when you hit your thumb with a hammer the pain you feel is a chemical reaction?
    The human body operates through chemical reactions. The Christian does not deny that. However, the Christian believes there is more to a person than the physically body. There is the mind or soul that experiences the world through the body. The mind has the ability to feel the pain of the body or to ignore it. There are many people that can't seem to be able to do this, because they are weak in their mind.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '12 08:003 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    would you agree that when you hit your thumb with a hammer the pain you feel is a chemical reaction?
    When I hit my thumb the interaction of various chemical reactions are definitely involved.

I think other things are involved which are probably not purely physical matters. The memory of such an event. The thing learned such that next time I am more careful. The sorrow or anger at having done so. The concern that another not do so. The way to describe and explain to another what has happened and how it can be avoided.

Now, what do you think of Alvin Plantingo here discussing the question of "Is The Person All Material?" It is not very long:

YouTube&feature=related

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree